Home Forums Bike Forum 12spd XT rear mech and B tension adjustment

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 12spd XT rear mech and B tension adjustment
  • rootes1

Might be the issue, Transition just says ‘now compatible with 11 and 12speed systems’, which sort of indicates a previous hanger was not…

@jimr80
    what group did you have on the bike before the switch?

jimr80
    Free Member

Rootes
    It was frame only to me(not new) previous owner was running Sram 12 spd . Thanks for the info I’ll email windwave.

Thanks everyone for your input.

jimr80
    Free Member

I original ran 11 spd XT and all was fine.

rootes1

I original ran 11 spd XT and all was fine.

Think based on mine and riding buddies experience of shimano 12speed to date, if going to spec shimano on a bike now probably go for the 11speed XT  linkglide.

anyway hope you get it working well.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

SRAM’s UDH makes more sense with each passing day, yet another bike industry compatibility balls up, I remember looking at transitions a while back and all the specs were dominated by SRAM, sod all Shimano, they now do XT ironically.

petefromearth

I’ve just got a new bike with XT 12spd. 10-51 cassette, first time I’ve had one that big. I must say I find it quite a clunky shift compared to what I’ve had before. Is that normal? Is SRAM or xtr any better?

cerrado-tu-ruido

I’ve just got a new bike with XT 12spd. 10-51 cassette, first time I’ve had one that big. I must say I find it quite a clunky shift compared to what I’ve had before. Is that normal? Is SRAM or xtr any better?

I’ve got Deore 12 speed 10-51 on two bikes and it’s super smooth but everything has to be bang on, chain length, B-screw, cable routed the correct way, chain is directional. Check your b-screw gap between cassette and derailleur, on one of my bikes, from Go Outdoors, it was way off, shifting was poor and noisy, adjusted to the right gap and it’s really smooth and quiet.

jimr80
    Free Member

So a quick update. I purchased a new mech hanger from Windwave . I can now align the rear mech correctly using the B tension screw. Once fitted, I checked the high /low stops and index the gears. It now shifts sweetly in both direction. So, thanks guys for all your input.

singlespeedstu

Glad you’ve got it sorted.

rootes1

@jimr80 Top job! Glad all working

cerrado-tu-ruido

Nice One Cyril

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Glad I found this, just had the same issue. Both the original hanger and replacement looked identical but now I can get the B tension correct. Strange that the bike was supplied with the wrong hanger with 12 speed kit..

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.