Home Forums Bike Forum 105 di2 problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 105 di2 problem
  • wait4me

My front derailleur seems to die occasionally mid ride. I had a fairly major crash a while back, could be related possibly. I’ve loaded the latest software and ensured batteries are fully charged but still appears to be happening. Last time it just went AWOL for a few minutes then sorted itself out. But previously had meant riding home in the little ring for an hour

Any suggestions appreciated, also are Shimano worth contacting directly? Had a quick look online but couldn’t find anything that useful.

bensales
    Free Member

Loose or damaged cable.  Or if you’re running the shifters wireless, perhaps your shifter was damaged in the crash?  But first I’d check the cable from the battery to the front mech is properly seated using the Shimano tool.

jonba
    Free Member

Connections and wires is the obvious first place.

Does the new stuff connect to an app/laptop. The 11 speed stuff you can and there is a diagnostic tool. It’s not great for intermittent problems in my experience though.

A bike shop might be able to help.  Depends on the shop though as the best test is to swap out bits and see if the problem goes away. So it depends on them having a mech available that isn’t for sale which will be unlikely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.