Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 399 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
    walowiz

Day #4 2.3 km pool swim in 50 mins, slow steady swim. Physio exercises later for 24 minutes. Done.

timber

An hour or so walking about one of the woods today checking on some trees.
    Got to be quite on it to look up at the trees whilst hopping ditches and dodging the mounding pits.

bonni

Day 4: 30 mins of easy yoga with Kassandra!

MoreCashThanDash

Day 4 – 15 gravel miles and a pint with a mate. Calorie neutral.

ditch_jockey

Couple of laps of the Tarland trails for me today, dialing in my new forks.19566EE8-5EAE-4E8D-8626-DE57A5A15E22

ads678

7k run for me tonight. Think I need to do some non leg stuff tomorrow….

seriousrikk

No specific workout today but that’s fine – couple of hour wrestling with car stuff and moving bits around ready for my holiday feels pretty taxing.

Hopefully have chance for something tomorrow once I’m down in FOD but getting extra exercise for the following few days should be a tad easier :)

reeksy

Day 5. Another 1 hour spin around the block through the strawberry fields etc.

Really tired today.

Found another owl too.IMG_8492IMG_8485

warton
    Free Member

Day 4 – Round of Golf, and Running club 400 metre repeats…

Day 5 – Strength – 1 hour in the gym

munrobiker
    Free Member

Had only half an hour today but took the mountain bike up the nearest hill and did some hill reps and sprints, and rode the DH track that’s reopened on the local hill a few times.

scotroutes

Pre-breakfast 8km run from hotel in Leith. I thought about ringing TJs doorbell but took in some of the local delights that the area is famous for instead.

The beautiful sea views.

PXL_20240920_071003451

The arts and culture.

PXL_20240920_073635115

The world class cuisine.

PXL_20240920_073502654

Rubber_Buccaneer

I thought about ringing TJs doorbell but took in some of the local delights that the area is famous for instead

TJ isn’t one of the local delights? :-)

bonni

Day 5: some stretches then into another 5 k run at lunchtime. The sky is looking purple and broody. Weather inbound here in SE Wales.

matt_outandabout

I thought about ringing TJs doorbell but took in some of the local delights that the area is famous for instead

Best game of knock and run ever – any STWer in Edinburgh plays it, whenever they visit…

MoreCashThanDash

Day 5 – half an hour of Kontortions with Kassandra

ads678

You see these are the days where this really is a challenge!

4 hour meeting at work spanning lunchtime, left the office at 3 to get home early and log back on, but it took me nearly 2 hours to get home and We’ve got a guy in putting new internet in so can’t do anything yet, daughter needs dropping off at a birthday party at 6:30, dog needs walking, we’re going out tonight and the pub quiz starts at 8. Need to fit a gym session in somewhere!!

walowiz

Day #5 – pool swim 2.44 km in 50 mins, physio later and that means nothing more until tomorrow. Done

ditch_jockey

Meeting our antipodean relatives for lunch today, so an outdoor bodyweight ‘core and glutes’ session at the campsite, then a wander with the dogs at the Linn of Dee this afternoon.

IMG_8381

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Some weights, a rather nasty shock to the system! Needed a recovery beer

iainc

Had to make do with the dog walks today, though did manage a bit over 6k as it was a decent, if a bit cold and cloudy day.

snotrag

A bloody lovely late teatime smash round Dalby, glad I took my headlight as it was very dark in the forest by 6pm!

20240920_173745

jimmy

Dropped the car off at the garage and ran the scenic route back for an 8km route.

gordimhor

Collected and stacked some firewood this afternoon. Could have done with a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

ads678

Didn’t get to the gym but made it into the garage for 20 mins on the rowing machine and 10 minutes sit ups, push ups and various weights and stretches. I was sweaty and puffing so definitely put the effort in.

Oh and we won the pub quiz!!

seriousrikk

Extra 7000 steps on top of normal. No specific activity, but it’s a clear increase and I will take it.

reeksy

Had only half an hour today but took the mountain bike up the nearest hill and did some hill reps and sprints, and rode the DH track that’s reopened on the local hill a few times.

That’s a big half hour!

reeksy

Day 6 at a mtb festival… But just spectating so walked up to check out the DH track and watched the whip off.

IMG_8523IMG_8499IMG_8497

rockhopper70

Yesterday was a struggle, had a bad work day then family things to contend with.  Then the Tesco delivery for tea was delayed leaving us without grub.  We’d always just jump in the car and nip to the local store but motivation to tick this challenge off saw us leave the keys and “power walk” to the next nearest in the opposite direction.

So still on it. Going to be difficult today too as pretty much a full day planned so it might be half hour with the kids Switch Ring Fit game thing.

AndrewL

Walk and indoor bouldering yesterday. Last night have replaced a spoke, changed a drivetrain and fixed a poorly tubeless tyre so hopefully I have a functional bike for a weekend ride…..

sandboy

Yesterday I did my 5k run first thing and then the same this morning.

Hope to get a ride in later today, just need a window of opportunity between Dad’s taxi service!

olddonald

Park run this morning – Dewsbury fast but hilly – good turn out – 259th park un for me – long haul to the big 300.

ads678

Park run as well, Rothwell, Leeds. Managed it less than 31 minutes. Which for me is great.

Then jogged part way home another 1.8k.

MoreCashThanDash

[Geordie accent] Day 6 in the 100 Day Christmas Challenge…[/Geordie accent]

47.5 miles on the road bike. Tail wind and flat for the first half, headwind and lumpy on the way home. Worth it for the excellent coffee and the lemon curd/fresh cream Victoria sponge at the halfway point, which I got to enjoy despite the distraction of “Robert” a mental but lovable Staffy at the next table.

20240921_101551

Caher

Just done a 100kms road ride – pleased with that. Some fast riders pushed me.

jimmy

Took JimmyJnr bouldering this morning and paid myself in to make use of the time. Did a few “warm up” does in the kids room (warm up, sure) and then some adult routes and circuits. It’ll do for today because I’ll feel it tmrow so that counts, right?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Little mtb ride round the back yard. Really really unfit, feel like I’m basically back to zero so just nibbling at stuff for now. One climb, which is short but pretty ferocious had to put a foot down twice. Bit depressing but a bit motivating too.

mogrim

Still got shingles, which ruled out my usual Saturday trail run. Did an easy local 10K instead.

Definitely not calorie neutral day though, as post run we went out for lunch and I stuffed myself :D

sandboy

I managed to get out this afternoon for a couple of hours, a bit of a history/mystery tour.
    Along the river Nar, then I found a very broken concrete strip which turns out to be a Second World War decoy runway for nearby RAF Marham and then Pentney Abbey which is unfortunately private access.

Very nice afternoon to be out!

IMG_1830IMG_1834

iainc

Swim, steam, sauna, yoga.  Saturday sorted

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You are Barry Scott AICMFP

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.