Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 399 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^Some sort of lurgy here to,started first day of the challenge!I’ve just tried  battling through it.Hope I don’t pay for it tomorrow.

chambord

Same here, similar symptoms to those on the man flu thread. Did manage an extended walk on day 1 when I was out getting lemsip but nothing yesterday. Hoping I’ll be ok for a ride later.

stanley

I’ve had that stupid cold for a week. Think it’s pretty much done now.

Anyway, early start for me today as I’m going away on the motorbike for 5 days. Thought I’d get a strength session in first thing before setting off, then aim to do short walks every day whilst away. Not great at early starts these days!

Day 24 for me :-)

MoreCashThanDash

Also adopted a “work” workout for Day 2 – left the office early, thought about the gym and then opted for an hours digging/hedge lopping in the sunshine. Lower back a bit tight this morning.

sam3000
    Free Member

I joined the strava club and I am on my way!  Two 30+min walks on days 100 and 99 and a 35min commute this morning (return journey to follow this afternoon).

Happy Wednesday everyone.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Glorious morning to be out! 30 miles on the gravel bike. Definitely a “jour sans” – the legs felt pretty hollow but it was nice to be out and the hills were big. Saw a massive, unnibbled fly agaric and a kestrel which was nice.

reeksy

Got a home gym session and a dip in the pool in for day 3.

ayjaydoubleyou

Clear night and full(ish) moon yesterday, so went for a no-lights walk in the forest

IMG_2134IMG_2131

scotroutes

Another “last day of Summer” ride over Dava Moor to Logie for a bit of lunch.

PXL_20240918_111914001

Don’t see many of these.

PXL_20240918_133017060

Make hay…

PXL_20240918_152759939

MoreCashThanDash

Gym this afternoon, completed Week 5 of C25K on the treadmill and then 45 minutes of weights and stretching.

AndrewL

Loop out to Big Moor, weather lovely here too, lots of good pictures in the posts above.

totley moss trig point

bonni

Day 3: another run/plod a smidging over 5 k this evening. Son 2 accompanied me on my bike which broke the monotony of my size 11s hitting the tarmac. We tried wheelies on the way back. Ace!

IMG_9319

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Still managing my two lots of exercise a day despite illness. Good blast along the Tees last night listening to The Jam seems to have driven out some bugs.Sports Science lecture at the Arc beforehand also provided food for thought.Not struggling with drinking a gallon of water a day either.About time I knocked down my Caffeine habit anyway.

ads678

20k on the xc bike tonight. No photos as it’s a bit boring round here but was nice to get out on the bike in the sun.

Caher

Tough today as it’s my one day a month in the office. Leave at 5am back at 7.30pm. 120kms drive.

Threw the suit off and jumped on the bike for a 45 minute local loop.

iainc

A busy work day, and then an unplanned trip to the vets (all ok), so had to make do with an hour in the rather warm Wattbike Cave on Watopia…

outdoor pool swim in the sunshine in the morning, hopefully ?

walowiz

Day #3 pool swim 2.4 km in 48 minutes 48 seconds :) boring and steady pace. Done.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The universe was conspiring against me but just got 30 mins of kata and circuits in, under the super moon

onehundredthidiot

Today felt weird. 30mins of trx body weight stuff. Don’t feel I’ve actually exercised but did feel sore doing the horrible plank crunch.

sandboy

It’s a good thing I did a 5k run before breakfast because the day has flown by since then!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Local ride yesterday on a real bike then today an e-bike ride in the Surrey Hills and yes I am counting it as exercise ;-)

mogrim

I’ve had a sore back since midday Monday, but it doesn’t seem to affect my running so I’ve been doing that, including a short run at lunchtime today. And this evening I went to the doctor’s, and apparently I have shingles… hopefully I’ll be able to carry on running, although with an unpleasant rash on my back I’m guessing any long mountain runs with a backpack are out of the question :(

cookeaa

I’m not doing it, but I’m not, not (if that makes sense). So far three evenings in a row on zwift has me mulling over lunchtime runs or a mini circuit session for variety.

Weekend is going to be tricky, I’m away Saturday meeting mates so will have to squeeze something in first thing in the morning, Sunday I’ll be trying to score back brownie points for having a whole night away.

rockbus

Another garage based workout….very jealous of those exercising in beautiful outdoor locations!

kimbers

Bodyweight workout tonight

seriousrikk

Another bodyweight workout (with added bands) for me too.

It’s something. Hoping to actually get out on a bike tomorrow!

reeksy

Day 4: 1.5 hours of early morning gruelling singletrack with a couple of PRs.

IMG_8480IMG_8479

chestrockwell

Absolutely brutal HIIT and Core class yesterday so today will probably be an extended dog walk.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Out before the sun could be bothered to peep out the clouds. 22 miles on the XC bike this morning. Two big climbs, some great descents and the trails are still dry, felt much better and stronger than yesterday. The robins are getting more prominent now, and there were more roe deer out. Loads and loads of grouse too.

seriousrikk

So yesterday I was feeling pretty underwhelmed with myself. Still taking it steady due to covid recovery etc and almost felt like I was ‘ticking a done box’ with my days activity.

Today I have muscle aches in all the right places. Who would have thought it. It’s actually motivated me more than I was expecting tbh.

kimbers

reeksy wins for riding a segment named after a blackadder quote

reeksy

I named it too.

scotroutes

A bit time-crunched today but managed 30 minutes of weights plus 30 minutes on the turbo. The latter failed to upload though, so did it really happen :-)

iainc

Had to log my lunchtime dog walk today as full on with work and family stuff this evening. Cheered someone up though !

IMG-2951

jimmy

So far so good, although seems to have some kind of lethargy / low energy, possibly just work being busy.

Day -1 – Glentress Red (classic)

Day 1 – a 7km run in place of a planned rowing session (too brutal for low energy)

Day 2 – 40 mins Yoga

Day 3 – Mobility and Isometric exercises

Day 4 – a lunchtime MTB jaunt round the local trails of Roslin

Onwards!

I’ve been recovering from a virus (again) at the start. So, just some light football practice on days 1 and 3. And some mild grooving at a gig on day 2. I’m feeling nearly better now; thanks for asking ;)

sandboy

I was lucky to finish at lunchtime today so made the most of my free afternoon with a three hour road ride to see the parents. Block headwind on the way there, followed by an easy spin back.

eulach

Strength training today, commute yesterday, all good.

rockbus

Finally got out on my bike for hour today….road bike but they all count right?

Caher

Just done an hour on Zwift preceded by lunch time HIIT class. The latter gave was painful.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.