Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Wattbike and walking seems to be my mainstay.

Btw am I right in thinking that today is day 39?

scotroutes

Day 41.

Another showery day so a mix of track and road.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Out on the bike for an hour round the park.I was a bit chesty again as I have been for the last week.Anybody know if there’s a lurgy going round apart from covid?I presume it’s not that.

jeffl

Feeling tired today so just a walk with the youngest child today for an hour.

kimbers

Saturday was the hardest day yet, had a hangover

Then spent the afternoon DIYing

Managed to squeeze in a bodyweight workout whilst cooking dinner!

ahsat

I was very close to not making it tonight due to work and life. Forced myself into a decent Pilates session before getting into bed. I’d have been so annoyed if I had broken the chain now.

sirromj

Back to bicycle commuting this week, still waiting to hear about next month. Nice half hour lunch time walk between the fields, bit sunny, not cold.

Upper bodyweight workout this evening. Then made sandwiches for lunch at work tomorrow… and accidentally ate loads of cold stuffing roast parsnips cheese + marmite sandwich, more cheese, just that little noggin of bread that was left. So won’t be going to bed at a sensible time now.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Your building an appetite sirr with all this exercise.

oldtennisshoes

Back down in Bolton for a couple of days. This morning’s exertion was 2 laps of Middlebrook outer road in the rain 💦💦
    Makes a pleasant diversion running on the flat for a change.

For the full mind and body effect I’ve been trying to do 30 mins bass practice a day too.

mogrim

Btw am I right in thinking that today is day 39?

https://www.xmasclock.com/

Training last night, another fun session with hill repeats outside, and then 25m intervals in the pool. According to the plan I’m supposed to be doing an easy 30min run today, but might use the turbo instead.

jeffl

Well I may have come crashing to a halt on the daily exercise today. Went to bed feeling hot and cold and had a crap night’s sleep. Woke this morning and seem to have lost my sense of smell. Generally feel pretty tired and run down.

Had the pleasure of a Covid test this morning so will see what that comes back with. On a positive note booking the test was painless and I was in and out of the drive through test within five minutes.

ahsat

Oh no @jeffl. Get well soon.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you jeffl.There are other viruses knocking around at the moment,hopefully you’ve got one of them.If not and you have a mild case,how about a week of and slowly extend the challenge to New year?I’m sure we would all support that.

mogrim

Good luck jeffl, and definitely aim to take it easy for the next week or so – you can then decide whether to continue the challenge or not.

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife works in the Scottish Government Covid stats team and has said if I get ill at all I’ve to stop, and I’m also not allowed to exercise so hard I feel run down, opening myself up to illness. Now isn’t the time to be pressing on with a daft challenge if you have compromised your immune system with an illness, and if you do get Covid then I’d regard that as being challenge over.

Focus on recovering fully Jeff, whatever it is. Feel better soon!

sandboy

Get well soon Jeff! As above, take it easy. Had a sore throat which led to a snotty nose and just feeling down with a cold which as the wife reminded me, I get every year around this time. I’ve taken it easy and am now back on it with a vengeance. Just got back from a wet and cold twenty miles on the road bike, exactly the thing I’ve always dreaded about this challenge. Give yourself time to properly recover before even considering this whole thing.

scotroutes

@jeffl take care of yourself. Listen to your body. Don’t push things. Hope whatever you have us at the “minor inconvenience” level only.

Not as far as you might think. 45km road loop round some quiet lanes south of Forres/Elgin.

ahsat

Personally my most lamest effort yet – 2 mile walk round the local streets as an extension from going to the post office to send my Dads birthday card. My work is taking over my life atm (£10M funding proposal!). Yesterday I started Pilates at 2150!! I even had my bar bell delivered yesterday and apart from checking the plates fitted yesterday, I’ve not used it. I’ve now given into wine and Bake Off.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Perhaps your body is needing food,rest and drink as opposed to more exercise.Stuffing yourself occasionally during this challenge is understandable.
    Me,I’m taking it steady due to being a bit chesty.Hour or twos walk for me.

MoreCashThanDash

Not done anything today yet. Tempted to sack it off but someone posted a 30 minute yoga routine a couple of days ago so I’ll give that a go when the kids are out the way

jimmy

Just did my yoga sesh. Still aching from circuits & climbing yesterday and will be tmrow too,v when I’ll be biking up the Pentlands.

sirromj

Would have gone for a walk this lunch time but bit to wet out. Commute home was wet so I chose to go off-road because it’s been a long time since I had a wet muddy dark commute home. Fun. Taking the commutes easier during the challenge to have energy to do additional exercise – which was a repeat of the 30 minute full body no equipment Bully Juice workout I posted the other week. Jumping jacks ahoy. Push ups were a strain due to the upper body strength workout yesterday, but didn’t find it so bad as last time. Maybe I went for it more last time.

jodafett

Are we nearly there yet?

scotroutes

Are we nearly there yet?

LOL. Seems like half-way, and therefore the countdown of days is taking forever!

jodafett

Yup, I could have sworn Day 41 was last week! Still enjoying it tho, so that’s the main thing!

sirromj

Not really thinking about what number day it is to be honest. The combination of 30 minutes minimum, and exercise every day, mean so far I’m not over doing things as a) I exercised the day before, and b) I’m exercising tomorrow. Good job things like walking and yoga count. No social life helps too LOL.

ahsat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG4c8NLHeo5/?igshid=gpchrulzbpz

Took my laptop out in the van to work from somewhere other than home for a change. Fitted in a half hour way over the moor between the rain.

(Who broke the Forum-IG integration this week….)

claudie

Did about 40 miles on the road bike today. Dragged myself out of bed and was pedalling by about 7:30, the roads were so quiet which was a pleasant surprise. Turned out to be a really beautiful autumnal morning

It’s been a combination of KB and turbo these past few days. My turbo sounds like something very bad is happening inside it! However, I have the replacement parts from Wahoo for it so I’m aiming to get that fixed and get back to something slightly less brutal than the 500 KB swings.

I’m definitely feeling tired doing this. I’ve been trying to keep a balance between gaining fitness, but without getting too exhausted. I’ve started taking some multivitamins to help with the recovery. And drinking some additional protein. I’ve been getting around 8hrs sleep most nights.

Is anyone else in the permanently tired state?

scotroutes

Am hours walk on the way to the campsite in Braemar for a few days. Knocked off another Veloviewer square that was niggling me.

FWIW I’m really enjoying interspersing my riding and running with some easier paced walking. As a stress relief it has little to equal it.

jimmy

True, Colin, I don’t do enough walking.

Went up the Pents with Mr Menmuir of this parish for a good old or the world to rights blether before nearly puking up Black Hill.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yep,a bit tired here at the moment.Had my flu jag today, even though I,m a bit asthmatic.Nurse took my temperature which was normal.Low level illness really is a bummer during a challenge like this.
    P.S like your new office view Ashat.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody know how jeffl is doing?

sirromj

Felt OK during the day, but was tired by the evening. Cycled the short XC options for commutes today on hardtail, stayed fairly consistently low paced but enjoyable. Smelled fresh out this morning, recalling Spring to mind. Looking forward to that! Lunch times over the past couple of days have been too wet for walks.

Today’s exercise was a repeat of 30 minute beginner yoga from the other day.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Are you still doing a bit of trials riding sirr?I,m wondering if I could do a bit of that when I get my full susser back.What sort if things do you do during your sessions?

sirromj

Yeah I’m trying to go out on the trials bike 2 or 3 times a week, just a half hour each time as it was doing my shoulders in combined with commuting. Here’s a couple of videos from the other day 1 2. I was contemplating giving it up the other month because it’s difficult and progress is slooooow, but going to stick at it for a while longer yet.

ahsat

Well my first barbell session for 8 months having left my gym before lockdown. 6C in the garage but was down to just a base layer. I going to really feel that one. Protein shake downed as soon as I got in the house.

And I really enjoyed it – good to get back to proper weight burn.

loum
    Free Member

Sirromj, love those videos, inspiring stuff. Looks fun and makes me want a trials bike too.
    In reality, I’m not getting another bike, but I’m gonna make the effort to nail wheelies on the bike I’ve got.

scotroutes

Anybody know how jeffl is doing?

I just came on to ask the same.

@jeffl
    – how are you?

jeffl

Sorry for not responding didn’t want to spam the thread. Thanks for all the good wishes. Anyway I got a positive test result back this morning so that’s me stuck indoors until next Friday. Would have been OK but I’m on leave this week so was hoping to get some miles under my belt but hey ho.

Symptoms wise I feel no worse than having a bad cold or mild flu. Lost my sense of smell which is a bit of a blessing, having 3 farting sons in the house :-).

So hopefully back on it next Friday. Keep posting the pictures, they’re helping to keep me sane.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.