Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • sirromj

What’s the bike computer for, is it that one that measures how siiiiick your jumps were?

It’s a bike isn’t it!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Running club last night, weights club tonight. Nights are drawing in but I retire about a week after the clocks go back and one thing I will be glad of is being able to make the most of winter daylight!

ahsat
    scotroutes

I plodded out a very lacklustre 10km round Rothiemurchus at lunchtime.

Some nice colours at the moment

Merak

@munrobiker

Aye, I just removed and reinstalled Garmin Express then uploaded manually remember when you had to do that?

Tonights run auto updated as I walked in the door via those Blueteeth.🤷

jimmy

Started using the Down Dog app for Yoga this evening. Set on Intermediate2, it was challenging to say the least…

jodafett

Was going to head up the Pentlands tonight but ended up cycling across Edinburgh to fix my wife’s puncture! Only a 28min cycle but I’m claiming it!

lunge

Club run tonight, and it went off.
    8 miles at 7mm followed by 2 pints in the pub. Perfect.

mogrim

Run and a swim tonight – funny how intervals then a longer tempo effort are fun when you’re running, but grim in the pool… Doing 8x25m + 200m twice nearly killed me 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

After yesterdays hiking about I just did 110 minutes gardening this aft.May go out for a walk later.For me,gardening always feels like a real workout.

scotroutes

Owf. Went for a ride. Felt shit. Wasn’t warm enough to get going and couldn’t get going enough to get warm. I’ve been suffering from some, err, digestion problems so my lack of energy could be a result of that or another symptom of something causing both.

Seriously debating skipping tomorrow.

sirromj

Another half hour trials session. 3rd day in a row. Lower legs and shoulders feeling it so decided to just take it a little bit easier, turn down the brute-force a notch. Bit of a lesson there, felt a bit calmer, it might not have to be a fight against my own body.

mogrim

Quick spin on the bike today, could have gone further but must admit I couldn’t be a***d. Good fun though, gave it some beans on the downhill which is always a laugh.

ahsat

11 hour work day and very nearly didn’t bother but I’ll be damned if I am giving in now. 30 mins of Pilates in front of the TV. My glutes are on fire.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

The hours some folks are forced to work on here, makes me wonder which century we are in.

swavis

Seriously debating skipping tomorrow.

I skipped Wednesday, got a pretty full on cold and really didn’t have the energy when the OH finally got home at 20:15 after a nightmare shift. A hot chocolate on the sofa was a much better idea and I feel much better for it.

Dog walk with the kids last night.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m currently tracking one day behind as i didn’t get out last Friday – will try and correct this over the weekend and get out twice on one day.
    Most of my activities have been brisk walks but getting out on the bike at weekends.

lunge

Beautiful morning run today, left the house at 7am and watched the sun rise over the canals and woods, absolutely beautiful.

ahsat

The hours some folks are forced to work on here, makes me wonder which century we are in.

Academic jobs don’t really have an end point! I generally try and only work 8 hours a day, but things are backing up at the moment.

Similarly beautiful 7 am sunrise here (though an hour walk). By 8 am though we were very wet on the way home.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice pootle along the tees today(apart from the wind).Also, tried a bit of low level dirt jump on my hardtail.Looking forward to my full susser being repaired.Jumping about seems alot harder work than just bowling along.I can imagine the trials guy above must get a good sweat on after 30 minutes.

I took a gentle spin on Zwift this lunchtime. I did AdZ last night, started out as a workout but was not feeling it in the legs. Thought I’d keep going up the climb as I was already 7 turns in, but I wasn’t very strong. Feeling it in the legs a little right now, so the gentle spin today was just the ticket!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Couple of days on the indoor trainer and a walk tonight.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Still going here, actually rode bikes with another human being today, novel.

jodafett

Went for a run today and ended up running 10 miles! That’s the furthest I’ve ever run by far! This exercise malarkey’s definitely got its plus sides. A couple of HIIT sessions, a ride and another run earlier in the week.

sirromj

Ate too much dinner which isn’t exactly an infrequent occurrence. After pudding (mince pie + ice cream) decided I needed another one but the OH actually got strict with me and said no. I couldn’t believe it! So I had a hot cross bun instead 😀

Turned out not to be such a good idea when it came to exercising however. Felt a bit queesy after 3 x 2 walks up the wall into a handstand. Pull ups didn’t make me feel any better either, dips were ok. Then bodyweight rows + push ups. Wall slides on the floor and a few other stretches. Probably about an hour.

@jodafett
    well done on the runs!

scotroutes

Despite feeling crap yesterday, I headed up on the Singlespeed to Loch Morlich to try to get a decent photo of the new snow on the mountains. Got caught in another cold shower but felt a bit better so spun round for a couple of hours.

As an aside, I’m loving the SingleSpeed setup as I can just quickly hose the bike down when I get home and it’s good to go.

Went for a run today and ended up running 10 miles! That’s the furthest I’ve ever run by far! This exercise malarkey’s definitely got its plus sides.

Great – but remember not to push things too far/too fast and knacker something. There’s still 76 days to go!

jodafett

Cheers @sirromj

There’s still 76 days to go!

When you put it like that slowing down makes sense!

ahsat

Well done @jodafett

Wet and wild (with occasional sunshine!) 8 mile walk with my Mum over the moors 🙂

Urgh was very much on the struggle bus this morning. Managed an hour on the trainer, but I wasn’t feeling great. Tired.

sirromj

Thought about doing the same Joe Wicks video this evening but last minute decided to try someone else.

Brutal, but I kind of had a feeling that a guy calling himself Bully Juice probably would make it tough. I’m a puddle on the floor and he’s just chill AF.

ahsat

It’s sunny, there is little wind but I just CBA today. Slept badly. Would happily just spend the day pottering around the garden tidying up.

jimmy

Been doing Down Dog Intermediate Yoga this week. It’s a definite step up from the NTC free stuff. I feel properly “worked”.

Anyway, nice day today so went for a run, 5km round Roslin Glen. Just boodiful.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Very short run yesterday – crunchy knee said it didn’t fancy more – and a quick (~1.5h) spin on the bike this morning.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ahsat,gardening sounds like good exercise to me.

oldtennisshoes

An hour on the treadmill while Mrs OTS did her body balance class this morning. Will do the Kinnoull Hill route march later.

ahsat

Meh! The CBA continued with leaking tubeless on my cx, impossibly tight tyres and nearly leaving the house without any water. At which point, thanks to the good weather, the roads and trails were heaving! And my legs felt naff. Did just over an hour and that’s enough. At least the challenge forced me out. Now to do that gardening…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,ve been a bit weary this weekend,at the same time as the rest of you.I wonder if tiredness is hitting us in waves.That or the weather is doing us in.I think the same thing occurred last year.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I will attempt some outdoor weight training later.

jodafett

I’m going to take it a bit easier this week as my sleep pattern (which had improved at the start of this) was terrible last week. Wide awake at 3am and not getting back to sleep! 2 hour walk with the kids today and Pilates or walks for the rest of the week I think!

scotroutes

I was out for 3 hrs on the bike. Felt better than I have for the past 7-10 days. Maybe the weather helped, maybe it was the scenery

https://i.postimg.cc/6pL18RzL/DSC-1646-2.jpg

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM