Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Winter of discontent approaching fast
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Perhaps you’ll understand more when you read this Ernie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24586951

Partial quotes taken out of one context and played against partial quotes taken from another don’t make a story, even if you or the Daily Mirror try and make it into one.

Particularly where the editor has to insert a context that was not in the words spoken,

model of authoritarian capitalism [in China] we are seeing

to make it into one

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Perhaps you’ll understand more when you read this Ernie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24586951

WTF has Cameron’s jumper got to do with anything ?

I know that you like a good deviation tactic Z-11 but linking to a nonsense story about Cameron’s jumper is desperate even by your standards.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why? There is already a generation who were conned into going to university getting into debt to find there were no jobs, why push more into it?

because as NW said, an educated population is never a bad thing. I dont feel conned into getting a degree as you put it.

Oh come on, there’s a veneer of truth on that but that’s all. Ineos set the timescales, they refused to go to ACAS until it was so late that the shutdown was inevitable, so that’s undeniably on them not Unite. So while it’s true that the talks didn’t reach a conclusion fast enough to stop the shutdown, that’s because Ineos planned it that way.

I think you have no idea quite how much a shutdown costs, more like the unions playing brinkmanship knowing that shutting down per minute probably outstrips the fired guys wages several times.

footflaps

I think you have no idea quite how much a shutdown costs, more like the unions playing brinkmanship knowing that shutting down per minute probably outstrips the fired guys wages several times.

Somewhere between $50m and $100m according to the Sunday Times, but as their article said, this is about company politics (owner vs Union) rather than money and Ineos can easily afford to close the plant.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Winter of discontent approaching fast’ is closed to new replies.