Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • What would you tell your 15 year old self?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Chill out, have better taste 😆 alcohol isn’t helping. It does/will get better

Amazed by how much has changed in just a short time

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Enjoy life before having children.

Stay out of the pub.

yossarian
    Free Member

Don’t be scared of who you are and what people think of you.

SiB
    Free Member

Enjoy yourself to the full as it all gets fairly serious later on in life, will still be good fun though but with a load more responsibilities

wwaswas

My son’s 15 and what I mostly seem to say to him is

1) do your homework
    2) tidy your room
    3) don’t spend money as soon as you get it
    4) you can have seconds but thirds is pushing it a bit
    5) do some exercise you lazy git. No, an xbox controller does not count as exercise.
    6) put a coat on you’ll get cold/wet

I can’t think of anything I’d want to add if I was talking ot me except;

1) don’t wait until you’re 35 to start riding mtb’s.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Enjoy life before having children.

Or from the other side…

Don’t spend all your money enjoying life then wish you had settled down to have children a little earlier.

yunki
    Free Member

don’t get high on your own supply… no REALLY don’t

and for the love of everything that you hold sacred..

everything in moderation.. including moderation..

billysugger
    Free Member

Don’t worry. It doesn’t make you go blind.

finbar
    Free Member

Don’t drink quite so much whiskey on the day you finish for your GCSEs. It won’t end well.

warton
    Free Member

Hard one.

Part of me thinks i’d say don’t get into drugs, but I had such as incredible time when I was 16 or 17 in 1990 and 1991 raving and up to my mid twenties clubbing that I’d probably say

“OK, have a good time now, but when you turn 23 stop it all and go to uni, because you’ll never relive these times!”

BoardinBob

Don’t get into debt. Racked up big debts during late teens & early twenties. A total noose around my neck until I finally cleared it about 5 years ago.

PJM1974
    Free Member

1) Stop trying so hard.
    2) Sit down with your teachers and work with them, not against them. You might actually pass exams this way. Try and establish exactly what’s being asked of you instead of being a smartarse.
    3) Do not go out with Trudy Kelly.
    4) Learn to be more assertive.

toys19
    Free Member

Don’t waste your life chasing women.
    Learn about investments and debt.

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t worry, you won’t wear it out.

binners

You are not immortal. No really, you’re not!

And to add to Wartons drugs point – as with most things in life, its all about quality, not quantity 😀

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

“it’s Yours, you can wash it as fast as you like”
    “never drink in pub with plastic windows”
    “having to be busy all the time is massively overrated”
    “people get a bit pissy if you claim to be smarter and richer than them, they get really pissy if you then prove it”

emsz
    Free Member

What was wrong with Trudy?

Junkyard
    Free Member

that woman you love dont marry her she will become a mentalist just like her mum [ i was 21 not 15].

when you have a problem with drugs and the rave culture the solution to this problem is not to move to Holland to get away from it all ..seriously I did this what an idiot.

Bimbler
    Free Member

My 15 year old self wouldn’t have listened, he was a twunt.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Wakey wakey hands of snakey

now

Just because your GCSE’s are easy don’t do F all at collage and then end up at a rubbish uni. Watch less MTV and do more work you lazy spotty geek.

(being at bit harsh on myself)

DezB
    Free Member

The next couple of years of school may get boring, but stick at it, your future depends on it.
    (That’s made me quite sad 🙁 )

MicArms

That youth is wasted on the young, dont start smoking ( dumb decision of mine to look cool , it failed),start riding a bike, drink in moderation, ( another dumb decision that would bite me in the arse) dont do debt ( see booze for that) enjoy the fact that you are fitter than a butchers dog , (I would kill for a fraction of fitness I had back then).

Dont leave the best job you ever had ( again booze, killed promotion stone dead, got me booted off a field squadron job) ride more..

nickf
    Free Member

(1) You’ve probably got 60 years left. Make the most of them.

(2) Money is nice, but it doesn’t make you happy. having sod-all money does make you miserable though

(3) Find someone nice to spend your life with. Boy/girl is irrelevant, but make them happy, and make sure they do the same for you.

(4) Experiment sexually. Do drugs if you feel like it.

(5) Learn to ski MUCH SOONER – I only started at the age of 27. Big mistake.

(6) Travel widely.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

emsz – Member

I just facebooked her… She’s a hound…

flyingmonkeycorps

MTFU, nobody likes a whinger.

meehaja
    Free Member

You don’t need those anodised blue tranz x riser bars and matching caliper brakes.

Save up for a decent BMX.

meddle
    Free Member

Don’t waste 5 years trying different courses in college
    Get a god damn MTB noaw!
    Don’t let yourself gain 4 stone of fat
    The lottery numbers of the last 7 years

Sorted.

lunge

When Elaine at uni asks you back to hers for a drink after work go, don’t say you have to be up early in the morning.

That whilst you may be able to blast out grade A’s in your CGSE’s with no revision and no effort you can’t do the same with your A-levels and you certainly can’t do the same with a degree.

Splitting up with your first real girl friend cleanly is much better than dragging it on for a year whilst cheating on her constantly.

Move out of home sooner, save some money and get yourself sorted.

yunki
    Free Member

when you have a problem with drugs and the rave culture the solution to this problem is not to move to Holland to get away from it all

Junkyard is the lead character from Trainspotting and I claim my £5.. 8)

PJM1974
    Free Member

I was pressured into going out with her…I called time after a couple of weeks and she followed me around for the next six months.

chakaping
    Free Member

MTFU

wwaswas

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbet-84hnCc&feature=related[/video]

ski
    Free Member

Spend more time talking with your Dad, he has an amazing secret past life that is well worth finding out about.

Drink less,

avoid Cathy, unless you want a good kicking off her Dad,

avoid a policemans daughter

marry Tree, when she asks you

dont sit in the back of a picup truck on a night out

spend more time with Martin & Simon.

Stop the urge to climb things at raves 😉

Last one, if you think you can make that oil barrel and scafolding plank jump on your BMX, its not a jump, its a seesaw, you muppet!

Stoner
    Free Member

Get used to girls looking straight through you: you just dont exist to them you grumpy geek.

but, the schadenfreude of the pay-off that good grades give you in later life is well worth the egghead name-calling at school.

anyone can read, but maths rules if you want to be successful 😛

sobriety
    Free Member

That whilst you may be able to blast out grade A’s in your CGSE’s with no revision and no effort you can’t do the same with your A-levels and you certainly can’t do the same with a degree.

While crazy women are ‘interesting’ and ‘fun’ they do not make for good long term relationship material.

Stop eating crap you bloater!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Stick at the sport you love.
    Knock the hips out of Rachel Clarke, she was gagging for it & the hottest girl in the year.
    Start riding your bike again.
    Buy a couple of houses with that inheritance & sell them in 2006.
    Don’t smoke.
    Learn when to call time on a relationship.

Other than the usuals of lottery numbers etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep playing rugby! Its my main regret.

Go to the PSV and Hacienda more

wwaswas

I do wonder how many of the people named above will find this thread from a vanity search on Google?

Stw does always come out fairly high on the results for anything with a name in it.

konabunny
    Free Member

stop drinking

be more positive and stop trying to be so smartarsey by being negative

be more fun

talk to strangers

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d tell them to listen to wwaswas.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘What would you tell your 15 year old self?’ is closed to new replies.