Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Vintage mobile phones
  • dannybgoode

I needed a second phone for work and instead of buying another Android device decided to go retro and have bought an Ericsson T39m. Lovely thing.

Anyone else have a thing for vintage mobiles?

chestrockwell

Don’t collect them but would be happy to have a Nokia 8210 again. I also thought a Sony something or other was a lovely phone.

Murray

I loved my Sony Mars Bar until it broke. Much better than doing on-call from smelly phone boxes.

Not half as good as my new Pixel 2 though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Started with one of these. Bombproof, but battery lasted about a minute!

This was as cool as a penguin’s pantry, though.

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve kept all my old phones. I’m pretty sure most of the old ones wouldn’t work on the networks now. I might be wrong though

dannybgoode

I’ve kept all my old phones. I’m pretty sure most of the old ones wouldn’t work on the networks now. I might be wrong though

So long as they are GSM phones they will work just fine. Very old analogue ones won’t.

matt_outandabout

Some Old Nokia’s seem to be worth a fortune these days.

+1 on Flashy’s Motorola Razr flip.

My first ‘bash proof’ phone was ace.

seosamh77
    Free Member

vintage phones. 😆 get a grip.

beej

I have an unused, in box one of these:

Very Blakes 7 I always thought, one of the Vodafone Live 3G launch phones (which I was the UK technical lead for!)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ive got one of these somewhere…

sbob
    Free Member

I was using a Motorola RAZR up until two years ago. Cracking phone, lasted me years (volume button jammed on which over-rides everything, taken apart to no avail).
    Currently using a £10 Samsung POS.
    Not even being able to write 100 working levels of sudoku has certainly put me off buying any of their other products, but you have reminded me that somewhere at my Mum’s house I’ve got one of the slidey titanium Nokias!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted by one of those ‘new’ Nokias they released recently just to be free of distractions for a bit, then I remembered I ‘need’ WhatsApp, Apple Music (or the like) Strava, Apple TV remote, mobile banking etc etc and gave up the idea.

In the end I just deleted Outlook so I couldn’t access Work emails at home unless I fire up the laptop.

dannybgoode

I’ve been tempted by one of those ‘new’ Nokias they released recently just to be free of distractions for a bit, then I remembered I ‘need’ WhatsApp, Apple Music (or the like) Strava, Apple TV remote, mobile banking etc etc

Hence this very much being a second line for work purposes – don’t want my personal number going out on emails etc.

Didn’t see the point in having two Android phones though so gone for something a bit different.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’ve had this Kenwood, yes Kenwood, phone for donkey’s. The only things my main phone does better is it can hold more texts and has a camera, though as you can see it’s pretty poor.

unovolo
    Free Member

Got several old phones kicking about,
    I have a boxed Motorola Microtac Classic

Nokia 8210 with a couple of covers

Nokia 3320(I think)

And a mint Panasonic GD55 In white and red

and slightly more recently a HTC Wildfire S

nuke

Still got a 7110 with the Matrix-style pop down keypad cover (and yes i know they were 8110 in the film)…

Id use it more but its the hassle of not being rechargeable by a usb micro like seemingly every other device in the house

dannybgoode

Id use it more but its the hassle of not being rechargeable by a usb micro like seemingly every other device in the house

And yet there was a time when every man + dog had drawers full of Nokia chargers. How things change.

The 7110 was a nice phone once they’d ironed out the bugs.

scotroutes

My first mobile phone was a 7110. It’s in a drawer somewhere.

maccruiskeen

This was as cool as a penguin’s pantry, though.

Only let down by having the ‘ok’ and ‘cancel’ buttons back to front.

Oh the hilarity that caused.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

And yet there was a time when every man + dog had drawers full of Nokia chargers.

Going to a house that didn’t have a Nokia charger was odd. I reckon that every mobile should have used them.

slowoldman

I had one of these in my company car

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Vintage mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.