Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • This Brand Parklife thing
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Works well 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B_Evl1fiLA[/video]

seavers
    Free Member

Fire the self serving c*** into the sun ASAP. The moon would also be acceptable.

nickdavies

Saw this last night and made me chuckle, and wonder why no-one had done it earlier.
    Thread on Russell Brand might send STW towers swear filter into overdrive though….. ****!

Edit: ^ Cross post but looks like it’s not just me!

Jamie
    Free Member

Fire the self serving c*** into the sun ASAP. The moon would also be acceptable…..

….PARKLIFE!

seavers
    Free Member

Nice

project
    Free Member

Russel brand also has a new book out called Revolution available from all Capitalistic media outlets, many places selling it at reduced price.

Looks a good read

toys19
    Free Member

I love the internet, just when you think the winkers are in control along comes somebody clever and boots them in the arse. Brand is a self serving, egomaniac, dickhead and deserves all the pisstaking we can hand out.
    #PARKLIFE

Jamie
    Free Member

Russel brand also has a new book out called Revolution available from all Capitalistic media outlets, many places selling it at reduced price.

PARKLIFE!

Houns

Ai, saw this yesterday. I like Brand fwiw but this made me chuckle, hard.

CountZero

Popped up on one of my Flipboard feeds, made me laugh, especially at Brand’s self-righteous indignation that anyone should be so crass as to take the piss out of one of the age’s great thinkers. 😉

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Damon Albarn looks about 15 in that video

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brand’s self-righteous indignation that anyone should be so crass as to take the piss out of one of the age’s great thinkers.

The Sunday Times review of his book was comedy gold. Ended with, and I paraphrase, “If he’s the answer, then what the hell is the question?”.

binners

Sounds similar to his review in The observer Flashy, which finished with the line “the sooner he leaves, the better”, and was a total demolition of his ego-crazed, deluded, self-serving, sub sixth form waffle!

Quite some achievement to unite those disparate parts of the political spectrum. But then he is a monumental gobshite of truly biblical proportions. The ****!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

PARKLIFE.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Review of reviews from the Graun here;

Most reviews of Russell Brand’s Revolution have been equally scornful. “The worst sort of chatterbox is the chatterbox who bores himself,” noted the Mail on Sunday’s Craig Brown. “Brand only seems able to issue a hundred-or-so words of pseudo-revolutionary blather before beginning to bore himself.” In the Observer, Nick Cohen agreed that “his writing is atrocious”, and went on to condemn Brand as “a religious narcissist” misguidedly translating his “Beverly Hills Buddhism” into a political credo. “Derisive laughter”, wrote the Sunday Times’s Christopher Hart, is the only possible response to “a vapid, ill-informed, coke-frazzled, self-adoring and grossly hypocritical celeb” crying that the world is unfair. Only the Independent’s Steve Richards found kinder words, praising Brand’s “compelling and authentic voice” and “refreshingly distinctive analysis”.

Sauce

Jamz
    Free Member

To those who denounce him – have you watched any/many of his ‘trews’ videos on twitter?

The problems he is highlighting and the ideas that he is bringing to the table seem quite reasonable to me, even if they aren’t delivered in a very sensible (possibly even coherent) way some of the time.

If you forget your prejudice for a minute, do you not think there is decent amount of truth in the message he conveys?

Russel Brand’s ‘The Trews’ – Youtube

bigG
    Free Member

Jamz, I’ve watched and I still think he’s a dick that likes to use big words ( regularly out of context ) to sound clever and deliver populist messages.

He’s as funny as a colostomy bag, but not quite as useful.

G

nickdavies

In there somewhere, there might be some valid points about society, which we all know about – nothing original. But, he’s still a

self serving, egomaniac, dickhead and deserves all the pisstaking we can hand out.

PARKLIFE

Junkyard
    Free Member

The problems he is highlighting and the ideas that he is bringing to the table seem quite reasonable to me,

PARKLIFE

One of those he is a mixture of stating the bleeding obvious and being a monumental hypocritical egomanical cock of Bono Proportions
    PARKLIFE

I like nothing more than being lectured about the terrible iniquities of wealth by millionaire cock wombles

PARKLIFE

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The problems he is highlighting and the ideas that he is bringing to the table seem quite reasonable to me, even if they aren’t delivered in a very sensible (possibly even coherent) way some of the time.

If you forget your prejudice for a minute, do you not think there is decent amount of truth in the message he conveys?

It’s hard to disagree with what he’s saying (on the basis of a few bits and pieces I’ve heard) but at the same time it doesn’t seem to me he’s really actually saying very much. I didn’t get the impression that he made Paxman look daft at all, for instance- it’s easy to ask open questions that nobody’s got an answer to and then go “Aha, not so clever now eh?”
    Sure there’s a lot that’s wrong with globalisation, the distribution of wealth and power etc. but what is he doing beyond pointing this out- are his ideas basically that everything should be better? Is there more that I’m missing?

Junkyard
    Free Member

we achieve this by not voting apparently and embracing some sort of ill defined spiritual pantheism

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

we achieve this by not voting apparently and embracing some sort of ill defined spiritual pantheism

PARK…

Nah, can’t be bothered.

CountZero

Jamz – Member
    To those who denounce him – have you watched any/many of his ‘trews’ videos on twitter?

*snigger*
    Some people are so easily led.
    I believe he’s quoted somewhere that he reads dictionaries looking for big fancy words that he can use to look clever and sophisticated.
    Emperors New Clothes: I see him for the conceited, narcissistic, manipulative cock-weasel that he really is. I’m not taken in by a jackass like him for a pico.

jamj1974

I quite like him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So the bloke who told people not to vote in proportional eu elections that then let in more extreme parties. Joined up thinking.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am amazed at the sensible level headed women that find him attractive. #jealous

binners

So the bloke who told people not to vote in proportional eu elections that then let in more extreme parties. Joined up thinking.

Indeed.

hooli

The guy is pretty much a real life troll, we should all just agree to ignore him and hope he goes away. Same goes for Jordan, Paris Hilton and anybody who is “famous” for being on reality TV or for getting their tits out

geetee1972
    Free Member

The thing I just don’t get about him is why he thinks he is not represented in the political spectrum. He says ‘I don’t know who I’m supposed to vote for’.

That’s easy Russell.

The Green Party.

I might not agree with them, but they have coherent, well defined policies, that support their political and social view point and they are a party that you can vote for, i.e. they do have candidates that stand.

Better still Russell, why don’t you stand as a Green Party candidate?

DezB
    Free Member

He’s as funny as a colostomy bag

Not that funny though eh?

Lifer
    Free Member

What we really need is Brewster:

DezB
    Free Member

What we really need is Brewster

Er. Thats a bit freaky..

Lifer
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jamz – Member

Russel Brand’s ‘The Trews’ – Youtube

I think he alright tbh, he’s trews are quite good and his book is a decent read. Though he’s unlikely to have much support on here! 😆 But then again all he is doing is stating the obvious.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I guess he’s given up the smack in favour of coke, that level of narcissism can only be fuelled by the Bolivian marching powder.

The worst thing is, he’s not talking complete nonsense, he just so wrapped up in himself the message gets lost.

I couldn’t stand him when he was a wrapped up junkie on MTV, I couldn’t stand him when he came back as a Dot Cotton standup and I can’t stand him now.

geetee1972
    Free Member

No. Not even remotely. For the simple reason that he is missing the whole point of democracy which is that you can vote to change the system and people with his views are represented by The Green Party, just like the far right is represented by UKIP, as unpalatable as they are.

Brand is arguing for, well it sounds like anarchy but he’s calling it revolution. Revolution to what, where does he want to land? And that’s his problem. He hasn’t got an answer, he’s just angry and has no interest in solving the problem because what would he (and all the other angry people) do then with all that anger.

binners

He’s only running up some interest in his latest written dribblings so that he can flog more, and get even richer. then he’ll potter off back to his LA home (via his chauffeur driven car, and a first class flight) and make another film.

I’m sure it’ll be something really really worthy. A documentary on the plight of oppressed masses around the world, as he donates all his money to them, including those from his latest book.

Only the cynical would assume he’ll just do another crap re-make with those champions of equality and social justice, that are represented by the Hollywood studios

Northwind

geetee1972 – Member

For the simple reason that he is missing the whole point of democracy which is that you can vote to change the system and people with his views are represented by The Green Party, just like the far right is represented by UKIP, as unpalatable as they are.

How do you know the Greens represent him? He might, frinstance, have strong views about the importance of nuclear power, or similiar. Just being leftwing doesn’t automatically make you a Green.

His point is, basically, if none of the parties speak for you, don’t valiadte them. Something I’m quite sympathetic to, having voted tactically for the least shit option in the past and then seen her take that as a massive vote of personal confidence rather than the reality of “we like the other **** less”

I’m not sure how effective it is- we seem to have accepted that low turnouts are just how it is, rather than a terrible proof of failure. But it’s not a stupid idea in principle, it might just be that things are broken enough that it doesn’t work. After all, we have a prime minister now with 36.1% of votes from a 65.1% turnout and essentially no representation in 3 out of the 4 parts of the UK, who’s never once acted like he has less than 100% support.

binners

But it’s not a stupid idea in principle

Yes it is. Its completely self defeating. If you’re given choices, which is what this dnemocracy-wocracy thing is all about, then the least worst option is always better than the worst option. Even if it ends up being this

Mind you. I suppose if you’re a multimillionaire who lives in Los Angeles, has a driver, and communes with some vague new-agish god type thingy, then its easier to deal with than the people stuck with another bunch of ****ing Tories, who will then gleefully dismantle whats left of the welfare state, and destroy the NHS once and for all, because they listened to some befuddled, listless twonk, with a massive messiah complex, telling them not to vote

Russell bloody Brand. The political ethos for people both impressed and confused by big words in equal measure! 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

if none of the parties speak for you, don’t valiadte them

Which means if you dont like it do **** all about it
    If he and his supporters cannot see how self defeating they are then they are morons. Why is there a triple lock on pensions? Its not because it is fair it is because they vote
    If you dont vote they wont try to win your support. Nothing will change and it will be worse.
    As binners note , like he cares, he will be abroad in his lavishly expensive tower.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘This Brand Parklife thing’ is closed to new replies.