Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Team Kit – blimey
  • yunki
    Free Member

so this kit is degrading to women yet women’s beauty and fashion mags are not!!?

This is one upside down messed up world

nemesis
    Free Member

Media hypocrisy, surely not?!

cheers_drive

I honestly can’t see what everyone is fussing about? That the gold sections a close in colour to some of the rider’s skin?
    I can’t see any genitalia profiles which isn’t always the case with some of the men’s kit:

What about swimmers and sprinters outfits, are they wrong too?
    Victorian principles here we come…

stumpy01

nemesis – did you read the link about the men’s kit?

It said something about the Colombian team having form for this type of thing having done a similar thing in 2010, with that picture displayed. So, they did mention it was an old kit, rather than make out it was current.
    That’s why I said ‘old photo’ in my post…

nemesis
    Free Member

I did read the link. The men pictured are not the Columbian Men’s team from 2010 or any other year. They’re from the ITALIAN 2010 Footon-Servetto-Fuji pro cycling team who rode the TdF and so on.

The link seems to have been made based on poor reading of another article showing other bad team kits. It just happens that theirs was also gold.

atlaz
    Free Member

So there’s a load of drama about a “new” demeaning kit which was designed by one of the riders and approved by her team mates and is actually 9-months old. It’s been mentioned elsewhere that the colour is gold and the photo is shitty. Combine this with the really stupid association with the Footon team from 2010 and you’ve got to admit this is the very worst of journalism combined with the very worst of hand wringing.

Cookson and anyone else who is waving the exploitation flag needs to have a word with themselves.

atlaz
    Free Member

They’re from the ITALIAN 2010 Footon-Servetto-Fuji pro cycling team who rode the TdF and so on

Quite. And with a new sponsor in 2011 won the Vuelta with the not at all dodgy Cobo

nemesis
    Free Member

Honest as the day is long, guvnor…

nemesis
    Free Member

Reckon Cookson panicked and wanted to show that his support for women’s cycling wasn’t just words… I think that Nicole Cooke’s tweet triggered that which I thought interesting.

atlaz
    Free Member

Bit disappointed in Cooke really; you’d think she would be keener to point out problems where they exist (it’s not like there aren’t a lot in women’s sports) rather than finding something, creating a problem and then going quiet.

nemesis
    Free Member

Well, I’m sure we’ve all over-reacted to something in the past. It’s the not apologising that’s the issue really.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Team Kit – blimey’ is closed to new replies.