Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Giving everyone else a chance…
    Abramovich does like to meddle!

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye seen the sending off, did’t think that should equate to 3-0 though! Cheers, just curious as it looked odd on livescore!

Rockape63
    Free Member

0-3 at the Bridge, bloody marvellous! Come on Burnley keep it going!

tomhoward

😀

(Huddersfield town fan)

binners

I’ve been out in’th’ills all day with no mobile signal (bliss) so hadnt seen any results.

So…. Huddersfield are top of the premiership and Chelski got a hiding at home from Burnley? 😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hmmm, Klopp seems as incapable of sorting out Liverpool’s defence as Rodgers! I’d sell Coutinho to be honest and buy a few defenders. Everyone wants to play for Barcelona or Real, doesn’t make you a selling club selling to them.

binners

It’s Kevin Keegan football. It’s an attitude.

The thing is that defenders have gone to Anfield who were pretty decent players, and previously been part of effective defensive units. Then as soon as they put a red shirt on they seem to just be infected with the same totally shambolic lack of positional awareness.

Didn’t Liverpool ship more goals than any other team last season? They just scored more. You’ll never win owt if you’re totally incapable of keeping clean sheets. But even if they spend Phil’s transited money on defenders, I can’t see it changing much

It’s bloody great to watch though 😀

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I do agree it’s more of a collective team mentality than just the defenders. I reckon if they had a top class, commanding goalie there’d be less jitters any time the ball goes near the box.

Man U to win the league based on dull 1 nil and 2 nil victories in comparison.

binners

My mate, who’s a lifelong season ticket holder at Turf Moor, just posted a video up on Fiendface of him and his 10 year old lad in the away end at Stamford Bridge, at the final whistle today. They were all going absolutely ****ing nuts!!! 😀

muggomagic

I don’t care that we lost and didn’t score. I can’t wait for MOTD.
    Thanks to Huddersfield we’re above Palace in the table 😀

binners

I have just rather enjoyed watching that Chelsea game 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😉 plenty of RESPECT shown by the boys in blue – at least Shearer was honest as a pundit

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just had a thought there, if we get by Astana(we should, but I’m not counting my chickens), the stars will probably align so that we get liverpool, rodgers v klopp. Not usually superstitious but those kinda match ups/conicidences pop up all the time in fitba!

Mind you Astana are gonny hate us after we put them out with 2 penalties last year, so lets get there first(dodgy defence and injuries to strikers are a concern)! 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

10/10 for effort Seo! 😀

binners

This is dire

Junkyard
    Free Member

My lord we seemed to hve discovered the rt of both football and scoring goals

Till the goal I was fearful it would be like last season of all possession nd no penetration

Its only one game but it was an impressive team display and finally top of the league 😉

binners

BOOM!

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

The only thing to say for sure after this first weekend, is it means nothing in the long run.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    The only thing to say for sure after this first weekend, is it means nothing in the long run.

you’ve just been listening to mourinhos interview then? 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

you’ve just been listening to mourinhos interview then?

Lucky guess 8)

In other news. JonJo isn’t the brightest spark is he? If you’re going to stamp on someones ankle, maybe make sure the ref isn’t looking right at you.

binners

It means nothing in the long run

It means Liverpools defence look as much comedy value as last season 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

woohoo, bring on the champions league, here we go! :mrgreen:

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wondered how long you’d be! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

still shitting it from the away goal at 4-0! 5 seals it! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

So I now want liverpool* out the CL, we go into pot 3 if they do, unlikely I know! 😆

*Or olympiakos

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Jonny Evans to City is the weirdest thing ever

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was gonna post the same, bizarre*

*though is symptomatic of the dearth of decent British defenders, CH in particular.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s not just British defenders either – look at the money City spunked on Mangala and Liverpool on Lovren!

binners

I was wondering if we’d jumped forward to April 1st when I heard that this morning

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Evans is decent. Has improved a great deal

binners

He’s a good player, but I don’t get how he fits in with the way Pep plays. Seems an odd match

MSP

He is consistent, if unremarkable, and can pass out from the back, you have to remember he would be effectively the 4th choice centre back. If he can be had for under 20 million, it makes more sense than 35 million for another unremarkable fourth choice centre back which seems to be the going rate in this transfer window.

Apparently he also still lives in Manchester, and is tired of travelling to the midlands, so it could be a deal that suits everyone, if probably rather inconsequential.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No nonsense reliable central defender

GRanted he is not the name you associate with a top top club but he is a decent steady performer who can be relied on to do the simple things….so an improvement for Cities current lot 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What MSP said

Junkyard
    Free Member

these 4-0 drubbings are becoming so predictable

Lets hope we dont do a City – look the best but fade- but the signs so far are very good

Got to be challenging this year surely

binners

I stuck a few quid on another 4 – 0 at 14/1 too 😀

Another great performance, and another clean sheet. I couldn’t believe Chelski sold us Matic! They must be regretting that one now. Crazy!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You won your first three games last year…..early days! City won first 6 or 7 and were crowned champs in September by many.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just said the same to my kids FWIW

Still we look good and we have not looked this good for a few seasons so piss off and leave us alone 😈

binners

I’m not predicting anything, certainly not the title.

I’m just enjoying watching some decent, entertaining attacking football, with a team looking to go forward, rather than the sideways/sideways/backwards stuff we’ve been enduring for the last few seasons

We looked good defencively last season, but nowhere near sharp enough going forward. I’m enjoying Tony Marshall’s solskjaer-esque super-sub role in particular 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

Football is a bunch of ar*e at the moment! Arnautovic needs to be docked 2 weeks wages for being such a knob. Silver lining at least Hernandez has shown he knows where the goal is again.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.