• This topic has 149 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • Sleepless in the Saddle 2011
  • mchlptchr
    Free Member

Treaclesponge, i’m in the same situation but it was recently pointed out to me that having a fast partner just means i’ll get less of a break between laps.

Kryton57

Goddamit Nick you’ve spotted the flaw in my plan…. 🙁

lol….

njee20
    Free Member

it was recently pointed out to me that having a fast partner just means i’ll get less of a break between laps.

Ah, but I once did a 12 hour mixed pair, thinking I’d get more of a rest between laps as I was the quicker rider, but actually just ended up doing double laps to my partner’s single each time. Depends how mean you’re feeling/how well you want to do!

If I see you Stan I’ll try and let you come past me – but any evidence must be destroyed!

aa
    Free Member

Am doing it.

No training, in fact, have only ridden 30 miles in the last 3 weeks.

Who fancies a pootle around the course on Friday afternoon?

Steve

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I’ll be there. And here’s some words I wrote, specifically answering the questions in the first post:

Rob Dean’s Tips for SITS

Rob
    bigrobracing.co.uk

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did the thunder run there last weekend and some of the single track looked like it would be ace on a bike too, but I wouldn’t fancy trying to overtake on it 🙂

pete68
    Free Member

This’ll be my first sits. How big an event is it compared to others? Smaller than Mayhem I know, but bigger or smaller than 24/12 and is there much trackside camping.

RabidDog
    Free Member

Usually about 1300 – 1400 riders so pretty big ! Loads of camping but can be tricky to get trackside unless you get there early afternoon on Friday as these obviously fill up sharpish.

Forecast may be looking a bit mixed for the weekend – doesnt take much to bring on the dreaded SITS clay even wiht the preceding weeks of dry weather !

naffrider
    Free Member

Weathers starting to look ‘interesting’…

🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Looks alright to be fair, raining today and then settling down.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

mchlptchr I was planning on sending him out for about 8 hours or so, pootling round while he has a couple of hours rest, then rinse and repeat!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah I can’t wait! I just want it to be dry don’t mind if it’s cool, camping and racing in the race is a bit suckey!

sebgt
    Free Member

But Burton which is closer says dry on Saturday… looks like it will be hit and miss saturday

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OOO fingers crossed then!

postierich
    Free Member

Bit sad but I hope it rains and we have somme like conditions as its quite comical, rigid ss at the ready and studs on my boots.

Rich

5thElefant
    Free Member

We had our best ever results in the really bad year. 2/3rds of the field went home so we finished in the top 1/3rd!!! Just…

RabidDog
    Free Member

Anyone know if there is a soloist tent this year ? Usually is but cant see any mention on the website ?

postierich
    Free Member

Soloists should not have a marquee/tent gives them an excuse to stop and get too comfortable..

naffrider
    Free Member

Im sure I read somewhere that there’s a solo tent. Ive got a gazeeeebo though, hope I can find somewhere decent to put it.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

There definitely will be a soloist tent.

MikeAyles
    Free Member

I’ll be coming to spectate/heckle/motivate/bbq.

Does anyone know if i’ll be allowed to whack a tent somewhere along the course, ideally at the top of a gruelling climb for my bbq?

Also, is there anyone (ideally that already knows me) that is soloing? I am looking for someone to wear a heart rate monitor that records, because i would like to look at the heart rate variability and autonomic nervous system activity over 24hrs, especially whether circadian rhythm has an effect. Either way, if you’re interested, drop me a line and i’ll bring some gear with me (482545@swan.ac.uk)

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got an HR trace of a 12 solo at 24/12 2009 if that’s of any use Mike?

Mike, what’s the purpose of your research ?
    I’ve got a HRM for my Garmin, but I never bother using it as I don’t know what I would do with the information afterwards.
    I might be interested if a 48 year old vegan soloist is a suitable candidate.

ruffride
    Free Member

Is it free to spectate an park live 10mins away

weeble
    Free Member

Mike I’m soloing and wearing a HRM linked to a Garmin if that’s anygood, probably be able to send you some sort if file electronically

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Who came in with a 6 minute lead on the first lap?

Was it legit?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No it wasn’t legit!!! Awesome weekend, weather held out course had some tough short sharp climbs but wicked single track, great weekend out.

eth3er
    Free Member

I came, shouted a lot, rode more than I was supposed to, the rain rained, the mud got muddy, dried and got dusty again. Good course as always, painful as always, the lurking tent was inspired and full of cake; a good weekend. The cheerers were awesome.

gee
    Free Member

It was a great event – the weather played fair for a change – a couple of laps of death march in one section of the woods but then it dried out. We even had a momentary pause in the rain that started 30 mins after the finish for the podiums.

GB

stodge
    Free Member

Great event, thanks to organisers and sponsors

A few photos of the start and finish and a photo of the results screen of the top 20 overall placings here.

Sleepless in the Saddle 2011 – part 2

… the rain that started 30 mins after the finish

Some of us still hadn’t finished by then. 👿

19 laps.
    238km in 24:50 with 19:24 moving time
    17th solo male.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104755121
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104756012

My favourite course of the three 24s I’ve done this year.
    I knew this was the one that was going to suit me best, reasonably fast with not too much climbing, and I was absolutely determined to stay awake and take the minimum possible breaks to make the most of it.
    My determination seemed to fade away in the middle of the night and I had one break of 1:40, another of 1:20, plus a few shorter ones, over 5 hours in total.
    I got a couple of 52ish minute laps at the start, slowed right down during and after the rain, then just about managed to get under the hour for some of my last laps.
    Went out on my last lap at 23:48. 😀 There were riders hanging around near the finish, waiting to cross the line after 24:00, but I wanted to make up for wasting time overnight.

shinsplints

Apologies to all for my 29er tourettes. I just couldn’t help shouting “big wheels” at everyone 😆

I was shouting “Ha ha, Rohloff” at everyone who had stopped to poke the mud out of their gears when it rained. 😛

mboy
    Free Member

Fair play Graham that’s some effort, I am F***ed after 7!

Think you’d already done 8 when I popped in to say hi last night… Makes me feel kinda inadequate!

Though to be fair my lap times were on the whole a good number of minutes shorter… 8)

naffrider
    Free Member

Was great.

My knees hurt.

weeble
    Free Member

I did 17 laps solo no idea where I came, too foobared to care at the minute

topangarider
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the weekend – fun getting home, washing the dirt off and finding all the grazes and bruises from my one big off!

Cheers again to Singletrack & Pat – top event!

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, great fun! The rain helped make the course more interesting, liked the way it changed constantly! Managed to shout at you at least 10 times Graham, either on course or from the sidelines!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Bit broken today, even though I only did three laps! 😆 First was on the Saturday when the heavens opened, second was about 1 in the morning, my first ever night ride (because obviously the best time to do your first ever night ride is on an unfamiliar course with loads of over-competitive whippets zooming about), and the third was on the Sunday, in the blazing sunshine. Great course, loads of fun! My wings got very battered though. 🙁

I think I was overtaken by MidlandsTrailquestsGraham – it was a guy in a ‘Go Vegan’ jersey, on a 29er, and someone shouted “Good going, Graham”. So I’m assuming it was him! 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Sleepless in the Saddle 2011’ is closed to new replies.