Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,617 total)
  • Should Theresa May resign?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I believe she should.

As Corbyn said, ‘she wanted a mandate, well the mandate she’s got is lost Conservative seats, lost votes, lost support, lost confidence.’

cloudnine
    Free Member

She’ll be pushed onto a nice strong and stable sword around lunchtime..

CheesybeanZ

Yes, but she won’t , well she might –

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Gone by teatime is my prediction.

piemonster

She should yes.

But what replaces her might be worse.

Murray

Yes she will. BoJo for PM anyone? 🙁

zippykona

No ,she won the election and got more votes than the others.
    The British people have spoken and given her a clear mandate to do whatever she wants.
    But back in the real world I’d be more happy if she was hung from a cage outside parliament as a warning to politicians not to be evil ****.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Strong and stable shovels should start digging a hole under the PM patio. 😉

jam-bo

The only thing she’s won is the shittest conservative leader award.

bails

she won the election and got more votes than the others.
    The British people have spoken and given her a clear mandate to do whatever she wants

It’s so hard to tell when comments like this are sarcastic nowadays!

oldnpastit

jam-bo

George Osborne has taken a swing at Theresa May, saying: “The worst thing she’s done in her life is no longer running through a wheat field.”

Oooof.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Can she take Nichola with her?

andyl
    Free Member

She should yes.

But what replaces her might be worse.

I hear there is a new face in politics, looks strangely famililar but not sure why:

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m not convinced she will and given how scheming the tories are I imagine if she can form a govt she will be kept until Brexit is done and then pushed out so the new conservative leader won’t be tainted too much by the clusterfiddle that Brexit will be

ctk
    Free Member

She pretty much did last night.

“I love this constituency and I will continue to serve this constituency etc”

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The only thing she’s won is the shittest conservative leader award.

You’ve spelt shortest wrong.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yes she should definitely go.
    Can’t imagine anyone is queuing up to take over though

Rockape63
    Free Member

She made a series of appalling decisions and frankly will inspire no confidence at all. However, the last thing the country needs is a leadership battle. She needs to realign the position and move forward…for now at least!

theotherjonv

Yes. She took a slim majority, and a lead of 20-odd points in the polls, conducted an election on the basis of her ‘strong and stable’ leadership – remember the bus had ‘Conservative’ on it almost as an afterthought – was in virtually every single local campaign leaflet as well – and went after an overwhelming mandate.

And got firmly told to FRO.

Which she should now dutifully do.

And when she’s finished **** off to the other side of **** off, she should then **** off a bit further.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Should Nicola Sturgeon resign ?

MoreCashThanDash

Theotherjonv’s post shows he spends far too much time on Mumsnet!

burgatedicky

BBC say she’s no intention of going anywhere…
    When was the last time I heard something was definitely, absolutely, not going to happen?

nickc

she should, but I don’t think she will. Hubris will do that to a person

Stoner
    Free Member
    TP
    Free Member

I think she’ll go today and certainly by Monday.

colournoise

Given her campaign focus, she should go.

Commentators saying (and I tend to agree) that whatever she wants, the party will ‘ask’ her to stay.

nedrapier

Very strange thing this morning, cycling to the station and after about a minute I hear music start coming from my phone. Not listened to The Undertones for ages, but what a tune for this morning, chosen at random by my phone:

She doesn’t know what she’s feeling inside
    She’ll never get what she’s never had
    She wants to leave home but she can’t get away
    Always on her own every single day

Cos she’s a run-around – what a total disaster
    She’s a run-around – she’s got nothing to do
    She’s a run-around – doesn’t know what she’s after
    She’s a run-around – she hasn’t a clue

She wishes she could live in a world of her own
    Go someplace where she’s not known
    There’s no more her to do any good
    Can’t get the satisfaction she wishes she could

Cos she’s a run-around …

She doesn’t know what she’s feeling inside …

Cos she’s a run-around

shermer75
    Free Member

Are you sure she didn’t want a man date? It’s pretty lonely at the top

nickc

End of Hard Brexit if they need to rely on the votes of the DUP.

martinhutch

End of Hard Brexit if they need to rely on the votes of the DUP.

DUP position on Brexit, from BBC website

Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)
    The DUP is in favour of Northern Ireland leaving the EU but says that Brexit does not mean “leaving Europe”.
    It adds that it will prioritise maintaining the CTA between the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
    Aims:
    frictionless border with the Irish Republic; assisting those working or travelling in the other jurisdiction
    Northern Ireland established as a hub for trade from the Irish Republic into the broader UK market
    comprehensive free trade and customs agreement with the EU
    arrangements to facilitate ease of movement of people, goods and services

ninfan
    Free Member

I think she has to

Junkyard
    Free Member

There are only three real issues here

1. How long will she stay not if she goes – she is a dead person walking after this – made it all about herself and failed to be either strong or stable. A terrible campaign – even Jamby may admit this now.

2. Will the PLP STFU and rally behind Corbyn – they are probably the only people as disappointed as the Tories today. They really really need to support him now and get a strong Front bench to attack what will be a weak and divided Tory party

3. Hard Brexit looks unlikely and given the upturn in young people i think it is hard to argue there would be a leave vote if we asked today – will this alter anything – I do not really know

4. How long till the next election – less than 1 mths is my guess

ElShalimo

I think the senior Tories will cover her in fox scent and release her into the wild. It’ll just be a coincidence that their friends will be exercising their fox hounds at that time.

The main positive will be that we won’t see any more of her stupidly expensive and hideous shoes on the TV

scandal42
    Free Member

She’s too evil and self serving to quit.

I can see her staying and forming a pathetic and underwhelming government with the help of the DUP

Jezza, well played sir.

TiRed

Position untenable. Gone by Monday. Country held to ransom by backbenchers and DUP.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Does this mean the actual future of the UK has been handed to the Irish ?

midlifecrashes

May must not go, she needs to attempt to hold the line for six months or so. However, she isn’t even up to that job and is toast, if she doesn’t go herself today, she will be gone within a fortnight. Biggest losers personally are those tories who have had a leadership bid recently and failed, and so maybe only Boris around in a postion to jump in. Ruth Davidson kicking herself about not going for a Westminster seat.

martinhutch

DUP quoted as having knives out for May. She’s gone.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

She absolutely should go. She is intellectually and politically third rate, and never was the person to lead us know.

The smug complacent arrogance of Cameron, and now her. And at last young people have got off their arses and sent a message. 🙂

Higher chances of a second referendum at the end of Brexit negotioations now? Last night gives Conservative remainers a lot more power… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,617 total)

The topic ‘Should Theresa May resign?’ is closed to new replies.