Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RunnersTrackWorld Query – Nike Running Shoe Widths
  • number18
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy some Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31 running shoes online, I’ve tried some on a treadmill and I know I need a UK size 9.5.

The options online are for a standard width or wide fit, does anyone know which I should go for?

My Mizuno Wave Rider 15s were perfect on the treadmill when I tried them out but they ended up being slightly too narrow, although they are prefect when I slacken the laces. They’re now completely worn out, hence needing new ones.

My feet are 11cm wide at the widest point when stood up with weight evenly spread.

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance!

somouk
    Free Member

Which ones did you try on that were fine?

Most people would probably need the normal width as I find Nike quite wide anyway.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I wear Muzuno Wave Creations and last time I tried Nikes I found the toe box too narrow in their standard width.

number18
    Free Member

Cheers Craig, I think I’ll order the wide as you’ve experience of both.

I tried on Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31, standard width. They felt fine for the minute I spent on the treadmill in the shop, but so did my current Wave Riders when I tried them on. But after running with the Mizuno for 10 minutes when I first bought them they felt narrow, I have to wear the laces quite slack for the widest part of my foot to not be in slight pain.

They offer free returns anyway, but it will all add lots of time if they’re the wrong size!

m360
    Free Member

Or go back to the shop who’s treadmill you used and buy them from there 😐

number18
    Free Member

No, the shop only had one colour of the shoe type I wanted and I didn’t like them. However, if the ones I’ve ordered are ok, then I’ll keep my eye on what they have in stock and buy my next pair from them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or go back to the shop who’s treadmill you used and buy them from there

Agreed.

I’ll keep my eye on what they have in stock and buy my next pair from them.

I’ll call bull on that one. Didn’t like the colour? FFS. Any excuse.

Nasty, nasty behaviour. Using a shop’s treadmill, and the time and experience of the staff and then whining away like this? Poor. Very poor.

number18
    Free Member

I can 100% say it is down to the colour, I’m actually paying more online for the colour I want!

And for now, the shop don’t even stock them in a wide fit, which I didn’t know when I went in, but I tried them on for size.

Where have I whined at all?

I absolutely will buy my next pair from there if they have the item I want. But why would I pay £100 for some trainers I don’t like the look of and are too narrow for my feet?

I’m not the person you’re looking for, ie the person who goes around using shops and then buying the same thing online for less. In this instance it may appear to be like that on the surface, but as I’ve explained there’s more to it than that.

Calling my behaviour nasty and poor, you obviously have nothing better to do. I await my apology.

finbar
    Free Member

As above, Mizuno are wider than Nike. In fact Adidas are the only brand I’ve found that are narrower than Nike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RunnersTrackWorld Query – Nike Running Shoe Widths’ is closed to new replies.