Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Ross Kemp is a badass.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just watching his latest show, and…unless god forbid it’s staged….he has some hefty stones.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9jrTFl7Xw[/video]

Northwind

I’m a cynical dude but I think I’ll choose to believe this one.

But I’ll also post this just to balance it out

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_nuy8zSo4[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

I’d agree. Unless that is staged he looks as hard as nails.

But then of course, he was on Eastenders. Admitting you’re that bad at acting in front of a global audience takes balls the size of melons!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Rebeccah Brooks beat the shit out of him.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not much he could have done about that. He’s a gentleman, so wouldn’t hit a lady.

….and obviously you can still be brave without knocking people out willy nilly.

dknwhy

You only need to watch Ultimate Force to see how tough he is.

grum
    Free Member

I’m not sure what to make of Ross Kemp. On the one hand he does do some pretty ballsy stuff – on the other hand the standard of ‘journalism’ on some of his shows appears to be pretty ropey, and he really really loves asking people to show him their guns.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@ Jamie: you can still stop them without hitting them. And then move away without staying. I know. I have a track record of rangas.

zilog6128

If it’s real, shows some real stones for sure. The cameraman possibly even more so, though they seemed to largely ignore him for some reason.

and he really really loves asking people to show him their guns.

Although this might just be a cheap thrill for the camera, it could be that he has learnt/been taught how to engage with these people. Their gun could be their most important possession and they might relish the chance to show it off.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not sure what to make of Ross Kemp. On the one hand he does do some pretty ballsy stuff – on the other hand the standard of ‘journalism’ on some of his shows appears to be pretty ropey, and he really really loves asking people to show him their guns.

I think he has grown out of that. Although, he does know a hell of a lot about guns. Probably from his close ties to his Dad’s old Army regiment, plus friendships with ex-army bods who have advised on some of his more gung-ho dramas.

The bottom line is, his previous show was on the sex trade, including the trafficking of children, in India. And I really don’t see many other mainstream TV shows publicising the plight of these people, and putting themselves in danger in the process. Currently, the series is almost as worthy as CH4’s Unreported World.

Crappy stat of the night, from last weeks program, a woman is raped every 21 minutes in India 😐

djglover
    Free Member

I’d give my right testicle for my head to look like a testicle

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. Not exactly good news. Throw in female circumcision and my plan to be reincarnated as a woman seems ever less desirable.

duckman

I was at uni as a mature student and doing doors to make ends meet.I was always in charge of looking after the PA’s at the big nightclub in Dundee;every pigging x factor/one hit wonder/minor soap star that took the money to appear at the manky bra,I had to get them from the “VIP” area to sing/sign etc. Most were fairly unpleasant,but he made up for every single Sinead Quinn or Adam Rickets. He was bright,entertaining and VERY generous with his bar tab. No airs or graces at all and I ended up in a lock in with him in his hotel. A genuinely nice guy,and as said,making docs on things other folk will not.

kimbers

He was quite good in extras
    Willing to take the piss out of himself

Not seen any of his recent stuff is it on sky ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Sky 1 I think.

binners

Ross Kemps episode of extras was second only to Kate Winsletts, which was just utterly inspired (if you haven’t seen it – you really need too!). He properly took the piss out of himself, and his ‘hard man’ image. so fair play to him.

Being bullied by Vinnie Jones…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_8Tk1bQUU[/video]

😆

honeybadgerx

djglover – Member
    I’d give my right testicle for my head to look like a testicle

I’m sure with modern plastic surgery techniques you might just have solved your own problem there.

Back to the OP, I’m inclined to agree, can’t say I’ve ever been massively impressed by his acting skills, but in the documentries I’ve seen (Gangs, Ultimate Force, etc.), he comes across as pretty genuine to be honest, with some fair cahoonies. Yes there’s the usual stuff to get people interested enough to watch it, but they’re good to watch and not much similar out there.

konabunny
    Free Member

So…domestic violence lol?

franksinatra

Never get bored of this site

Ross Kemp – Folded

IanW
    Free Member

Watching the PapuaNewGuinea episode now, strong stuff and he fronts it well.

mikey74
    Free Member

It seems to me from that first clip that he has learnt over the years that these people only respect people who stand up for themselves. It sounds easy, but it’s easier said than done, especially when there’s a gun in your face.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

So…domestic violence lol?

No. Why would you think that?

seavers
    Free Member

franksinatra

Never get bored of this site

You might like this completely unrelated site…

http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.co.uk

weare138
    Free Member

An I alone in thinking Ultimate Force was great?

Jamie
    Free Member

honeybadgerx also likes it.

…although he seems to think its a documentary 😉

Back to the OP, I’m inclined to agree, can’t say I’ve ever been massively impressed by his acting skills, but in the documentries I’ve seen (Gangs, Ultimate Force, etc.), he comes across as pretty genuine to be honest, with some fair cahoonies.

grum
    Free Member

Hmmm… I’m not sure about that clip in the OP TBH. I’ve seen other bits of his shows that looked a bit suspect and something about that doesn’t quite ring true either.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

OTOH he did turn up at shack where folk were drinking dodgy moonshine and one guy got his arm slashed with a machete in a brawl.

I think in the opening clip he knew it was a test and not a genuine robbery. Either way, he still had two bandits pointing shotguns at him.

Uneasy viewing – PNG is very messed up.

mooman
    Free Member

I like it when he is going to a secret meeting with some dangerous gang.
    He has no idea where it will be .. or even when.

But the cameraman is already there to film him pulling up to it ..

honeybadgerx

Jamie – Member
    honeybadgerx also likes it.

…although he seems to think its a documentary

Pfft, next you’ll be telling me an old man doesn’t sneak into my room once a year and empty his sack everywhere.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Hmmm… I’m not sure about that clip in the OP TBH. I’ve seen other bits of his shows that looked a bit suspect and something about that doesn’t quite ring true either.

He was on Radio 2 with Chris Evans the other week talking about it. Seemed very genuine when talking about it and other scary moments he’s encountered in Afghan etc.

somouk
    Free Member

There is a follow up interview on the Sky website with him sky.com/ross.

Seems pretty genuine and I’ve met him a couple of times, nice guy.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

But the cameraman is already there to film him pulling up to it ..

drive
    deposit cameraman
    reverse 20m
    start filming

wasn’t that tricky?

Jamie
    Free Member

This week he was in NI:

Glass bottles? Pffft!

*swoon*

seavers
    Free Member

Could have been a plastic bottle or water balloon filled with wee. At least he has a helmet on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m thinking that wasn’t this week. The only time you see that many union flags is during the we run the show marching season or during legitimate protests about flag flying. It’s been far too cold and wet recently for Orangemen to be out whinging about oppression.

Jamie
    Free Member

It was indeed DD. I guess the shows were filmed over the last year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is that show on catch up? Which channel?

Jamie
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers. Downloaded to box at home from phone in W2. (This is what tech is there for.)

zippykona

As no one appreciated it on the doppleganger thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Ross Kemp is a badass.’ is closed to new replies.