Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb MMX clamp
  • organic355
    Free Member

does this fit the regular matchmaker clamp?

i.e. ive got Sram XO & avid elixir CR brakes on a matchmaker clamp, can i incoporate all that on an MMX clamp? or would i need the other version with its own clamp? does it come with both?

passtherizla
    Free Member

This is how it works… so I think the answer is no.

organic355
    Free Member

So is it available in a regular clamp or does it come with one?

bike discount, CRC, wiggle all seem to have MMX only?

messiah
    Free Member

The MMX clamp works as a clamp on it’s own, it doesn’t need anything else. I run the RHS MMX upside down on the LHS and it works perfectly 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

The MMX bit bolts on to the remote clamp and allows you to mount sram shifters to it, the mmx bit is a separate part in reality to the bar clamp. The silvery bit holding the shifter to the clamp in my picture above is the separate part I am referring to.

So you could ditch the matchmaker and hang the shifter off the reverb remote mount or leave it as it is.

I’d like to see what a non-MMX version looks like, i’ve never seen one.

organic355
    Free Member

So you could ditch the matchmaker and hang the shifter off the reverb remote mount or leave it as it is.

but wouldt I need to revert back to a regular clamp for my brakes?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

but wouldt I need to revert back to a regular clamp for my brakes?

Yes if your currently matchmakered. Still an option though. I couldn’t find a position I liked for the SRAM shifters and avid matchmakers so reverted to normal clamps. Now I’m using shimano and find the opposite, I can’t put the shifter exactly where I want it!

passtherizla
    Free Member

as notaspoon said.

I had a placement issue with my formula shimano combination and the hope xt matchmakers put them just where they need to be.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb MMX clamp’ is closed to new replies.