Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 236 total)
  • Python eats pet cat
  • zokes
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/8191355.stm

I wonder how many wild birds that 'cute' cat ate first…

Hadge
    Free Member

That'll stop the cat crapping in his garden pmsl. I like how they mention the micro-chip – as though it was going to protect it. Nah, just for ID purposes when it was dead. Very funny but I guess not for the cats owners. But yet again we see the over-reaction to the situation asking for a change in the laws. It wasn't the snakes fault, it was the snakes owners who should take the blame and not the many many thousands of responsible reptile owners in the UK. I am a snake owner and I wouldn't leave my snake unattended in the garden whatsoever. Yes I do put my python outside to bask in the sun at times but I'm always there with it and my neighbours cat never comes anywhere near the garden. Never mind.

tails
    Free Member

Might get myself a python that'll stop the horrible moggies leaving parcels in the flowerbeds.

tails
    Free Member

double post

zaskar
    Free Member

Its not the snakes fault but stupid owners 😯

Thats why the law should be changed as there alot of dodgy owners compared to good owners. 8)

Apparently the neighbours son realeased their turantla in the garden and it hasn't been found…

Harry_the_Spider

Tough.

I hate cats.

geoffj

Its a pity the cat owners didn't attack the snake when they heard the cat being eaten. It would have been a score draw if it had been my cat and my garden and I'd heard it happening.
    How stupid must you be to let your snake escape out of your garden.

zaskar
    Free Member

Imagine the screaming…

Poor cat.

Then again it's a bloody snake its what they do!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

The Wadeys are campaigning for any potential owner to require a licence because, Mr Wadey added, many owners underestimate the snake's "wild instincts".

Pure hypocrisy, bet his cat has eaten plenty of wild animals without him giving a second thought.

scraprider
    Free Member

agree zaskar , i got 3 cats, still would have tryed to help said cat tho.

Hip
    Free Member

Gotta love cats… I really admire their indifference and compassion toward other creatures…

So much like humans, no particular regard for other species apart from the need for sport and food…

What's not to love?

franksinatra

What a treat for the python.

Private garden, the cat had no right to be there anyway. Dogs are not allowed to wander around a pooh wherever they want, what is so different about cats?

I hate cats, I have to shovel their crap out of my garden and driveway every single day before I let my kids out to play. Not a huge fan of snakes but I like this one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmm
    Like when our old Jack Russel killed a neighbors Parrot. Though they used to entice our dog with biscuits even though I was constantly telling them not to. The result was that it sat near their fence begging all the time.
    **** knows how but one day it got in their garden, then managed to get in their house whilst it was locked and while they were at work and got to their Parrot.
    I'll never know but I think they let it in and probably tried to get the two to be friends, as they are a stupid lovey dovey own every pet under the sun whilst they go without type.
    Any way I bet the kids don't go into his garden when a ball goes over the fence.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

When its hungry again, send it round our house, my wifes dog from hell will make a lovely meal for it, I'll provide the gravy.. 😈

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The headline should be. SNAKE HAS A BIT OF PUSSY. 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

Obviously if I had a cat I'd not care if it shat in other peoples' gardens as that seems to be part of the mentality of cat ownership, but if I lived next to a python I'd probably make sure it didn't wonder too far.

BTW, is it not a bit mean to keep a creature that never comes into contact with one of it's own kind? Does it not need a bit of like minded company – or just something to shag? Or do owners of snakes take them to meet up somewhere for a bit of company?

roundwheels
    Free Member

It's one way to stop the cats from shiting in the garden 😀

zokes
    Free Member

How stupid must you be to let your snake cat escape out of your garden.

There, fixed it for you…

Sandwich

There won't have been much screaming by the cat, it's impossible to make a noise if air can't get into the constricted lungs.

mrmo
    Free Member

snake attacks person

ok….

you have to wonder about some people.

Hadge
    Free Member

Lol mudshark – snakes are't social animals and they generally live alone and as owners we don't take them to meet up with others. Constrictor snakes will lie in ambush for days on end which is why they don't need large enclosures but letting them out every now and then is good for them. But to leave one alone in a garden is stupid and not normal at all. The alleged son letting the spider out shows these people have no idea how to look after animals like that. It would do the spider no good whatsoever. Males do wander, purely to find females where as females will find a hole and wait for prey etc. They also don't benefit from sunlight, much prefering dark enviroments. But as usual, just like some dog owners, they don't research what they are buying and don't give them the proper care and attention they need.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Snakes all over the news at the moment. Gang attack teenager with snake

Northwind

Geoffj said, "How stupid must you be to let your snake escape out of your garden."

It didn't, the cat was in their garden, not the other way round.

zokes
    Free Member

Ah, but the cat (being a cat) had a divine right to be in the neighbour's garden, and to be safe there too! 🙄

Mikkel
    Free Member

I want to start a petition to make sure that the cat owners get a warning aswell, for not keeping their cat under control.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant – where can I get an economy pack of pythons. 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

When the python reaches that size it will attack anything it can. Everything is a meal.

In some countries python is a delicacy. Meat is sweet and tender. Chop it into sections and boil them (gut it first) peel off the meat because it can be very bony. The meat is very white.

chewkw
    Free Member

oh … one day the python might eat some toddlers too …

samuri
    Free Member

Agree with sandwich. If a constrictor got it and wrapped around it, it wouldn't have made much noise at all. But pythons do have big teeth, it could have hooked the cat and the screaming was before the cat got crushed.

Ho hum. I'd find it hard to be cross about it myself. We've got two cats and while I think the chances of them getting nabbed by a snake is pretty remote, the liklihood of them getting hit by a car or killed by a dog as they wander around like they own the place is fairly high.

We've only got a little dog but if she caught a cat in our garden she'd almost certainly give it some life threatening injuries. I don't see the difference myself. The cat should think itself lucky if she does, when the dog's not out, Stumpy is, and stumpy doesn't do killing, he does shagging.

dicky
    Free Member

And if their cat had been killed by the neighbours dog, would they be looking to ban dog ownership? I very much doubt it.

mt
    Free Member

Love it when a cat dies early, thats loads of other creatures saved. Ever seen a Lurcher take a cat out? Like a missile, amazing. Cruel I know but it impressed me no end, especially as the cat was hunting something else.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nature red in tooth and claw

Agree the hypocrisy of the cat owners is staggering. Animals kill other animals cats are certainly NO exception to this and probably the most prolific [domestic] killers about and probably/possibly responsible for the demise in bird populations. Perhaps the RSPCA should send all it's members one?

Moses

The screaming wouldn't have lasted long. My lad used to own a small snake (possibly a corn snake, anyway it was a constrictor) which we fed an injured mouse that the cat had brought in. The kill was amazing: a lunge, a scarf-like wraparound with about 5 secs eek noises from the mouse, then the snake started to eat it. Very impressive.

On a more positive note we rescued a 4" baby slow-worm from the mog yesterday. As we live in inner-city Bristol I was chuffed to find it, as it shows that there are at least two adults around as well.

:0)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Shame it weasn't one of the flaming moggies from our cul de sac 😆 I am off to get me some snakes tomorrow 😀

0091paddy
    Free Member

I love it when people say "cats always shit in the middle of my garden"..doesn't happen. Cats will always try and cover up their doings, it's a well known fact.

Must have been some macho hard man, or new age hippy who owned the snake anyway, it's cruel to keep such a creature in captivity, which is essentially is. (being in a glass tank most of the time)

Hope no ones pets come into my garden, I've got a 13ft Alligator.

😛

zaskar
    Free Member

Don't ever complain it bit your leg off.

epicyclo

This is the sort of thing that happens where I am in N Qld Oz just now:

but things could be worse and you get snaked

or your dog could go missing:

but then your pet spider takes revenge:

and eats the snake, so long as it isn't too big:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I love it when people say "cats always shit in the middle of my garden"..doesn't happen. Cats will always try and cover up their doings, it's a well known fact.

Sorry chap you are soooooooooooo very wrong. It does happen. They crap on our patio. I've actually caught one doing it too. And when they do bury it, it kills plants and you get it on you hands when weeding. Not nice.

I hate it when cat owners think their animals are beyond reproach.

anagallis_arvensis

I find cat and dog haters facinating, I wonder if their mommies didnt hug them enough or something and so they have to wish pain on other animals?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

zaskar – Member

Apparently the neighbours son realeased their turantla in the garden and it hasn't been found…

Nothing to worry about, someone's cat has probably eaten it. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Python eats pet cat’ is closed to new replies.