Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • Python eats pet cat
  • zokes
    Free Member

Show my where I mentiond a kid with a ball?

Someone with similarly simple thought processes to yourself mentioned it a while back

anagallis_arvensis

yours should be not to leave your dog in the garden, lest kitty purr by

Dog lives in the garden, your thinking seems confused, earlier you were laughing at the fact that a python ate a cat which had roamed into the pythons lair, with the implication that pets shouldnt be allowed to roam (and shit) in other peoples garden but it was ok for a python to be in its owners garden.

anagallis_arvensis

Someone with similarly simple thought processes to yourself mentioned it a while back

So whilst you will correct my grammar and use quotation marks around things I didnt write you will also berate me for something I didnt write. There doesnt seem to be much point discussing it with you any further. I'll just leave you with this tip. Please dont ever kick a cat when I'm watching.

zokes
    Free Member

Your explicit statement is that I should not be allowed to prevent cats from roaming into my garden by personally discouraging them by whatever means I see fit at the split second I see them. As you seemed to imply your dog may prevent such a problem, you're knowingly leaving a dog that you openly admit may kill a cat somewhere where such an encounter may happen.

Basically, just like what was discussed earlier about it being ok for cats to kill birds, yet not for a human to inflict less lethal harm on cats to prevent them killing birds; you're now stating that it's not OK for me to kick a cat, yet it would be OK for me to buy a dog which might kill one.

If I were a cat, i'd consider being kicked and learning my lesson a much more favourable option than encountering your lurcher.

I'm sure you can now see why I appear confused – I am. On the one hand I can't kick a cat as that would be cruel, but on the other, I can leave a dog for which I have responsibility where it may kill a cat.

For the record, I have no argument with your dog seeing off a cat, in much the same way I was vaguely amused by the python. I simply can't understand why you're happy to leave your dog where it may kill a cat and not consider that outcome as cruel, whereas it seems I'm worse than a seal clubber if I were to merely kick a cat.

zokes
    Free Member

I'll just leave you with this tip. Please dont ever kick a cat when I'm watching.

Why, might you be cruel and inflict pain on me? Oh the irony…

anagallis_arvensis

I really tried to resist, last try at making you understand. My dog may attack a cat, however it would be dumb cat that didnt notice her (I suspect pythons on the other hand hide quite well) and it would be an accident she doesnt understand a cat is not fair game. You on the otherhand are apparently an itelligent species so should be able to see that attacking a cat and inflicting pain for the crime of shitting in your garden is quite wrong, but you dont see it that way. Cruelty in my mind has a level of thought, enjoyment and pleasure. I am not cruel for leaving a dog unattended in my garden I'm very sure of that. You on the otherhand must have not been hugged enough as a child.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Spot on.

zokes
    Free Member

And you, quite simply fail to understand my point. You confess that your dog may injure or kill a cat that strays into your garden. The blindingly obvious way for you to mitigate this risk, and therefore your 'cruelty' by proxy is to keep rover indoors. Making the choice to keep him outside is making the choice that you will be responsible if it encounters a cat, as you are presumably also an intelligent being that could foresee such an attack.

Trying to go back on topic. If I buy a cat, in the full knowledge that it will kill wild birds, yet derive pleasure from owning it, and I am no less cruel from deriving pleasure by dispatching the birds myself. I can see by owning a cat I would endanger local wildlife (not to mention my own health if it crapped in a neighbour's garden), and chose not to. You also seem to have missed the point that cats really aren't that stupid, and if they get a boot for being in my garden, they will learn one way or the other that my garden isn't a nice place to be.

On the other hand, I could just buy a dog (or python?) and leave that in the garden, and if it eats a cat, then ce la vie…

G
    Free Member

Don't get me started on **** dogs! Had three dog egg strikes last night, and stopped once in an area which had obviously been mined by the kennel club. So anagallis_arvensis, whilst your dog may well have a go at my cat, I'll happily kick your dogs poo chute right back inside its little furry butt if you let it crap all over trails….. fair trade?

anagallis_arvensis

I clear up after my dog end of story, if I didnt kick me not her. Mind you if you kicked her you better be a fast runner.

G
    Free Member

I clear up after my dog end of story

:

So why would I kick your dog in such circumstances? Similarly why set your dog on my cat? How about setting it on me? And likewise if you do you had better have a very large book down the back of your shorts, as I will open a whole case of whoop arse on you and your dog both should you choose that route tough guy.

Grrrrrrr

anagallis_arvensis

why would you kick any dog in such circumstances, its the owner that needs educating.

Similarly why set your dog on my cat?

Explain to me where I said I would. Problem with this site is that apparently no **** can read.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Has Cadel Evans hacked into multiple accounts on here?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Dogs are fine in my book – any mammal that can lick its nads is A O.K. by me.

Cats on the other hand fulfil no useful purpose in life except destruction and as a stuffed pencil sharpener. And don't get me started on cat lovers! They're as insincere and predatory as the animals they keep – and yes that includes my ex-wife!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jeepers creepers, guys, GIVE IT A REST FFS!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone is really going to kill anything, are they?

Calm down! Calm down!

zokes
    Free Member

Mind you if you kicked her you better be a fast runner.

Is your response to everything a meaningless threat across cyberspace?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Can we not start restricting things to 140 words?

My head hurts….. 😥

G
    Free Member

Did you just call me a **** ?

Right thats it … outside now!

zokes
    Free Member

I don't think anyone is really going to kill anything, are they?

Clearly a_a's dog will if it gets near a cat – a fact he's proud enough to brag about on a forum

G
    Free Member

Yeah and I'll rearrange the mutts butt if I get its poop sprayed all over me, and I'll tan his if he sets his mutt on my pussy….. Grrrrr some more!

anagallis_arvensis

Did you just call me a **** ?

Right thats it … outside now

No I called you a **** not a **** .
    You'll have to hang on while I get dressed, wouldnt want my dressing gown coming undone whilst have a wrestle would we.

Clearly a_a's dog will if it gets near a cat – a fact he's proud enough to brag about on a forum

You clearly cannot read and someone who talks about kicking cats as an aide to training is at best to be pitied.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

DING! DING!

Round 2………!

0091paddy
    Free Member

Trying to go back on topic. If I buy a cat, in the full knowledge that it will kill wild birds, yet derive pleasure from owning it, and I am no less cruel from deriving pleasure by dispatching the birds myself. I can see by owning a cat I would endanger local wildlife

Hahaha, what utter toss. God knows where you've learnt any of that.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Kicking cats is cruel and absurd!

anagallis_arvensis

tankslapper, exactly my point. Super soaker water pistol is good too.

zokes
    Free Member

Hahaha, what utter toss

Thereby demonstrating my point. Kitty is a killer – you know this, yet still fail to see how keeping an animal that DOES and WILL kill wildlife is wrong. If I were to kick your cat I would definitely be kicking the more intelligent party.

As tankslapper has eloquently suggested, I could just kill the thing, as I would know I was killing a cat not to eat it, just as moggy knows it's killing a bird but won't eat it. It is after all my instinct to protect my territory….

zokes
    Free Member

tankslapper, exactly my point. Super soaker water pistol is good too.

There was a point, and you missed it

G
    Free Member

WHAT! a ****!!!!!! …. You lousy bicyclist!

Bring your mates, and don't you worry about yer dressing gown, let the buggers swing, I'll be ripping them off and stuffing them somewhere that precludes dog egg trail interfaces!!

0091paddy
    Free Member

@ tankslapper – so you're saying cats don't serve a purpose, what about the companionship they can bring to some people? As for serving a purpose.. *slips in to your character* if a dog isn't a rescue dog/drugs dog/sheep dog/police dog etc, whats the point in having it?

zokes
    Free Member

if a dog isn't a rescue dog/drugs dog/sheep dog/police dog etc, whats the point in having it?

None whatsoever, but with the exception of a_a's lurcher, they don't tend to kill things on a whim as can be much better trained. Also it's not socially acceptable to let them wander free and crap in your neighbours' gardens. At least if a dog chases a sheep it is acceptable for the farmer to shoot it….

G
    Free Member

Riding on cycle trail through local nature reserve when a dog walker is spied walking past the big sign saying nature reserve dogs must be kept on a short lead. Said dog walker says to partner "Oh look she's found something to play with" as their dog runs about in the undergrowth chasing a ground nesting bird FFS!

and the difference between my cat and her dog is???

anagallis_arvensis

the difference between my cat and her dog is???

an irresponsible owner?

Olly
    Free Member

dogs are thick as two short planks, where as cats secretly rule the world?

ransos
    Free Member

"and the difference between my cat and her dog is???"

As a rule, dogs aren't left free to roam, whereas cats are.

tankslapper
    Free Member

@0091paddy My point is cats do what cats do. If people want companionship get a dog – why have a killing machine? Besides, what other purpose do cats serve? Sheep cat anyone?

G
    Free Member

As a rule, dogs aren't left free to roam, whereas cats are.

Sighs deeply and very regretfully find himself agreeing with a_a

You clearly cannot read …………

a_a

an irresponsible owner?

PREEEEEEEECISELY! Thus no need to extract retribution from the innocent party wheter feline, canine or reptile! Unless course any of them are crapping where I ride, in which case poo pipe kicked up furry, or for that matter scaley bum will ensue, simply as an aid to training. So you lot stop being nasty Tiddles, Fi-Fi or Spike and beat up their owners instead.

Problem solved, so now can we talk about intresting or amusing stuff instead, like muffin tops, gunts or bunts for instance.

tankslapper
    Free Member

A cat owner by definition is irresponsible….

IanMunro
    Free Member

No one owns a cat 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

A cat owner by definition is irresponsible….

Your language might be (deliberately?)provocative, but I can't see how an owner could possibly prevent their cat from crapping in neighbours' gardens and killing wildlife. By contrast, it's perfectly possible to prevent a dog from doing those things.

tankslapper
    Free Member

No ransos – it's a fact. If you let your animal do what the heck it likes then that's irresponsible. (Unless its neutered in which case its partly irresponsible)

If a dog owner got on the way cat owners got on then the dog would be thrown in the pound. Ergo cat owners and ownership leading to mass destruction of wildlife and defecating at will = irresponsible. FACT!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Python eats pet cat’ is closed to new replies.