Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • PSA New Guy Martin TV programme
  • I_Ache
    Free Member
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Has he had his teeth done? Celebrity gone to his head?

ibis
    Free Member

Papa Lazarou 🙂

ronjeremy
    Free Member

HELLO DAVE…..

wallop

bigbloke
    Free Member

Arrright chief…

labsey
    Free Member

Awesome. Thanks mate.

I think he had his teeth done when he knocked some out in an accident.

z1ppy

Cheers

Dobbo

Arrright chief…

That’s my first thought………….I think I’ll skip it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Excellent! The new Fred. I’ll be watching that! (although Guy’s faster than Fred & probably everyone else on here)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dobbo, really? Part of the charm in my eyes. He is a proper chap, seems to be a really genuine bloke. Very skilled in riding bikes with motors and pedals and at spannering I think that’s why there is a lot of guy love on here for him. He also has a bloody nice Aston.

CountZero

Thank you for that, just sent to my Sky box to record.
    I think even smokers teeth would look white against that grubby face!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Agh! Damn you being out of the country! I like Guy, I think he’s a breath of fresh air on the TV i.e. not a plastic idiot. I will have to 4OD when I am back.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Looking forward to this. Proper bloke’s bloke

rootes1

I like him,

but do we really need another look back at industrial revolution, steam engines, empire, looms, canals etc etc, ..

elzorillo
    Free Member

but do we really need another look back at industrial revolution, steam engines, empire, looms, canals etc etc, ..

Yep 🙂 I love that shit.. and you dont have to watch it 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Eurgh… Overblown cheeky northern chappy relives the industrial revolution and someone describes it as a breath of fresh air?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don’t forget his calendar too!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPh5GUzs58A[/video]

deus

I didn’t think Lincolnshire was Northern, is it?

binners

Eurgh… Overblown cheeky northern chappy relives the industrial revolution and someone describes it as a breath of fresh air?

Really?… I think an interesting bloke who is clearly passionate about the subject, talking about, and exploring, some of this countries (and the worlds) greatest engineering achievements sounds like a pretty good use of an hour on the sofa

Maybe we should have more X Factor instead? Maybe another series of Big Brother?

If you’re such an expert on what should and shouldn’t be on telly, and what defines ‘a breath of fresh air’, then what exactly should we be watching on a Sunday evening? What are your personal recommendations? 🙄

lemonysam
    Free Member

Maybe we should have more X Factor instead? Maybe another series of Big Brother?

Yes, that’s exactly what I was saying.

binners

So what were/are you saying? We’re waiting for your ‘breath of fresh air’ alternatives?

Monkey Tennis?
    Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank?

Do feel free to enlighten us on any original, alternative programming ideas you’ve had yourself…..

lemonysam
    Free Member

As I don’t work in television production it’s not really my job to dream up television programs. This does not change the fact that this program has been being made in various guises since the 70s.

To suggest that watching a man daub himself with grease and **** himself into a froth over steam engines is in any way a novel TV trope is utter, utter bollocks. Just because it’s been two or three years since the last time this program was made doesn’t make it a “breath of fresh air”.

spacemonkey

Monkey Tennis?

I’d pay a princely sum to watch that.

I understand this is the once great Sampras having a recent knockabout:

DezB
    Free Member

Wow! Did he get a second series? Awesome!

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Monkey Tennis?

Crash. Bang. Wallop. What a video.

All legitimate options for ‘breath of fresh air’ tele I reckon.

binners

Thanks for that Sam. I do indeed feel truly enlightened

So… you just dismissively slag something off, simply because something similar has been done at some indeterminate point in the last 40 years.

It can’t possibly amount to anything more interesting than a northern (he isn’t BTW) monkey getting oily, could it? You can obviously tell that from the trailer. Your incisive judgement is that sharp

But you don’t actually have any alternatives? Well done. Thanks for your contribution. I’m sure the prime time schedulers will be beating a path to your door, to hang off your every word, and watch their ratings subsequently rocket

yunki
    Free Member

are you a little bit gay for Guy binners..? 😆

binners

I just think in this age of dismissive cynicism (see above), then credit where its due. And after watching this….

I personally think the blokes got something interesting to contribute, to whats looks like pretty compelling subject matter. Some people’s utterly negative, and condescending attitude just ****s me right off at times. That’s all

lemonysam
    Free Member

Good lord…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some would say Guy is “Lord”

Series linked here, bloody brilliant.

Need more beer in the fridge and pies, need more pies.

TheWrongTrousers

When’s it on, this new Guy Marting thing ? Channel 4 links not working at work

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Sunday 21st October at 8pm

allthepies
    Free Member

This…from binners! <faints>

nickjb
    Free Member

If you do have a Guy Martin man crush the boat thing is about to be repeated on ‘Yesterday’

soperman
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this. I like his attitude and it makes a change from all the other cr&p.

When is the boat thing on again? Both attempts I have made to watch this have been deleted by the bloody kids to make way for Dr Who, Merlin, X Factor or other such drivel…..

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Looks like it could be a good series.

Better to have a petrol head present a show like this rather than some footbal or X factor type person.

rOcKeTdOg

i stood next to him in the food tent at MM, didn’t have the guts to say “alllright chief” incase he decked me 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

1 hour to go PSA/bump 😛

project
    Free Member

Will Mave be with him

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA New Guy Martin TV programme’ is closed to new replies.