Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • PSA New Guy Martin TV programme
  • binners

*swoons*

😆

miketually
    Free Member

Looking forward to watching this, though will be on C4+1. The boat series was great; even my two girls enjoyed watching it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m well with Binners on this, like Fred Dibnah only miles quicker.
    Guy Martin’s the man!

fatalbert
    Free Member

As a massive Fred Dibnah I kind of like Guy, a perfect choice to present these sort of programmes. I reckon even the great man himself would doff his cap in appreciation.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Trains!!!!!!!!

And a steam one at that WooHoo!!!!!!!

fatalbert
    Free Member

“Hmmm Aye Hmmm Aye Yer Know Hmmm” Frederick Dibnah MBE (28 April 1938 – 6 November 2004)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

How can you not love him. He gets stuck in. I need to record this and show it to the kids at school.

will
    Free Member

“Wouldn’t fit them in a phonebox” 😆

Really good show so far, enjoying it!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Pretty good….he’s saying the word ‘grafting’ waaay too much though.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How fantastic is Guy?

Loving this show

Mantastic
    Free Member

He worked proper hard. I live on that steam line and know some of the volunteers who run the line, they say he was genuinely interested and worked dam hard on the line not just the train

grum
    Free Member

Don’t really get all the bromance for him on here TBH. He seems a nice guy but he’s not a good TV presenter IMO.

Pook

He lapped me about four times at the last Hit The North. I lapped binners once. I don’t know what that means.

Maybe binners seeing more of Guy’s arse than me led to him having heart palpitations.

JasonDS

Good episode. Looking forward to that wooden bike! 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He’s actually a really good presenter as well. (IMO of course)
    I wonder how him & the great Fred would’ve got on?

(rhetorical question probly)

grim168
    Free Member

5 thou is not .2mm though.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No it’s 0.127mm so as a rough guess 0.2mm wasn’t that far out was it.

labsey
    Free Member

Good show, preferred The Boat That Guy Built but it’s early days.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

THAT WAS BRILLIANT!

The missus hated it which means it must have been good as she’s enjoyed the x-factor, strictly and now Essex tonight.

dukeduvet

crack fox

Guy Martin so reminds me of the crack fox…

project
    Free Member

FANTASTIC PROGRAME, should be made compulsary viewing in all schools to give the children a taste of real engineering, that is still with us now.

Oh and rails are not made from wrought iron theyre made from very hard steel, and also the rail keys are put on the outside of the rail when in the chair not on the inside,as shown in the programe, and there are still a lot of blacksmiths around, not just a few as protrayed in the programe.

Sandwich

He’s brighter than he lets on.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The one thing the gets me with him, is that he wants to be a working class hero, and fair play he doesn’t exactly come across as work shy. However, he’s very rich thanks in no small part just for wearing Dainese leathers.

project
    Free Member

But he got the deal for wearing leathers after he won races, which is totally different to being a presenter on a tv programe, its not like he is cameroon or bliar saying he understands how us plebs are dealing with failures of the ecconomic climate at the present time, and that we are all in it together.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

He is rich because he works hard. And I think you will find is is not in the Cameron, Clegg league.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

he’s very rich

Source?
    You do know the story behind his Aston Martin, don’t you? You know he sleeps in the back of a transit van on a beach at the TT, don’t you?

I’d say he’s got better riches than money anyway. He’s a happy man and he loves what he does.

He’s not a natural, polished TV presenter, no. And that’s why people love him.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

he’s very rich

Source?
    You do know the story behind his Aston Martin, don’t you? You know he sleeps in the back of a transit van on a beach at the TT, don’t you?

I’d say he’s got better riches than money anyway. He’s a happy man and he loves what he does.

He’s not a natural, polished TV presenter, no. And that’s why people love him.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The very rich quote comes from a guy I know whom races in bsb-he didn’t tell me that he was rich, but he did tell me that he was paid a million quid by Dainese (that sounded like a lot to me tbh) I don’t want to put him down too much, I enjoyed his progamme and would rather watch him that a Jake Humphrey style media clone any day. I just don’t buy into this whole working class hero thing.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I just don’t buy into this whole working class hero thing.

Does it really matter? If he’s making money for what he’s doing then good on him, some people should be so lucky getting to do what they love daily and being paid well for it. I’d rather see him on my TV than some of the **** in motorsport

stevewhyte
    Free Member

What he said ^

Holyzeus
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

You do know the story behind his Aston Martin, don’t you?

He bought it and good luck to him

dingabell
    Free Member

If he can keep me interested in a programme about steam trains then he must be doing something right. I think he’s a bit of a no nonsense, man of the people type legend.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The very rich quote comes from a guy I know whom races in bsb-he didn’t tell me that he was rich, but he did tell me that he was paid a million quid by Dainese

So, source = “Some bloke said….”

He’s probably not short of a few quid, no, but so what? He still reaally is a lorry mechanic, bike racer and MTBer. And just a little bit hatstand. 🙂

binners

Do Dainese, and the like, tend to chuck massive amounts of cash at people who aren’t very good?

So to summarise…

Man paid lots of money for being really really good at what he does

Hmmmmm… revolutionary stuff

maccruiskeen

He’s actually a really good presenter as well. (IMO of course)

He’s quite charming to watch but I can’t really work out if he’s presenting the show or whether he’s the subject of it. It flutters between being by him and about him.

It’s such a shame tv burp isn’t running just now- this show would be gold mine.

DezB
    Free Member

If he can keep me interested in a programme about steam trains then he must be doing something right

I actually sat in awe of a steam train!

miketually
    Free Member

The one thing the gets me with him, is that he wants to be a working class hero, and fair play he doesn’t exactly come across as work shy. However, he’s very rich thanks in no small part just for wearing Dainese leathers.

There’s a difference between wealth and class. You can be working class and rich; you can be middle class and moderately well off. You can be upper class and poor.

maccruiskeen

There’s a difference between wealth and class. You can be working class and rich; you can be middle class and moderately well off. You can be upper class and poor.

indeed – it frequently upsets the STW massive when they discover how much money they could have been earning (and earning it for longer) without their degree. A truck mechanic (frinstance) could be pretty darn wealthy without a racing carreer and a sponsorship deal

veedubba

Did anyone count the number of times he said “grafter(s)”?

I didn’t, but it was too many.

Apart from that, it was a good show. Oh, and a mild disappointment that Liza Tarbuck wasn’t doing the voiceover instead of the actor I always get confused with Bernard Cribbins.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Really enjoyed this episode, looking forward to the rest of the series, but could do with subtitles! Was the railway the one at Bridgenorth?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA New Guy Martin TV programme’ is closed to new replies.