Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 417 total)
  • PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!
  • buck53

For those looking at the rucksack mount above, this is what I’ve done to mount mine in a similar fashion:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm18cM9x3jw[/video]

I was careful to line it up before doing it but it works a treat now and is nice and subtle on the commute, the mount barely noticable for me when the camera isn’t attached.

spacemonkey

That rucksack idea could be handy.

Noticed with my first attempt on Sunday, using it as a helmet cam, that there was little or no vibration. I guess attaching it to the bars would mean a dramatic upshift in that department, whereas a chesty/rucksack option would be a middle ground?

buck53

^^
    That’s my thinking, I personally haven’t bothered even trying the bar mount, partly because there’s not a lot of room with two lights on my CdF bars, that shoulder mount works a treat though.

willard

Well, it works well so far, but I have noticed that, since the flashing to the latest firmware, the button arrangement seems to be a bit weird (i.e. the “up” button does not do up, but the “down” button does). Before the upgrade, all was fine.

Good image quality though, so otherwise happy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not received mine yet. ordered on the 4th November, so over 3 weeks now.

I ordered the black one and it says on the Amazon order sold by Buyin-now-uk is this where other peoples have come from?

I ordered it initially from the evo mtb link above.

How long did other peoples take to arrive?

In fact now if you go through Evomtb it now links through to a company called Superstore Electronics £34.02. So is it luck of the draw that you get a fake?

stevied
    Free Member

Mine took about 3 weeks, ordered from evo too. Definitely came from China..

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Update on the Electron Light mount.

To make it easier to get on and off without having to completely undo the screw and have the small silver pivot it threads into drop out, I’ve trimmed 5mm off the plastic moulding on the screw to expose more thread.

With various packing strips the mount fits well on handlebars, some stems, round frame tubes and seatposts.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Going via evomtb couple of days ago the purchase went through accmart, bit nervous now! Looking at the options it looks like one of the options is fulfilled by Amazon, wish I’d gone through them 😐

stoddys
    Free Member

Just ordered mine. 30.52£

What card should I get?

dhyetiman
    Free Member

A class10

JohnClimber
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member

Not received mine yet. ordered on the 4th November, so over 3 weeks now.

Same here, so at least it’s not just me then, it should be here by the 3rd December so the email said, talk about cutting it fine.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

double post

aracer
    Free Member

Yep, pretty much (oh and that price is +postage). It looks like the ones accmart are selling are genuine from people’s experiences, but the trouble with these is it appears that some suppliers have sold genuine ones and then fakes under the same description so there’s no guarantee.

Still not sure why anybody is taking it being on Evomtb as providing any sort of security, given that as I pointed out earlier they’re simply fronting for stuff on Amazon marketplace (not just for this camera, but for everything they “sell”). I presume they get some sort of commission for linking through like this.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Yes they do, they link to the cheapest Amazon seller – hardly the way to guarantee genuine products!

smurfly13
    Free Member

If you read EvoMTB About us and the footer to their website it says they are an affiliated advertisement program purely designed to get advertisement fees payment from any amazon sales through them!

If anything goes wrong the contact wont be through them but Amazon!

The item EVOMTB list changes on a daily basis dependant on what seller on Amazon has it listed cheaper on that day you buy it (automated I’m sure)

I have ordered one – but went through Amazon as have had good experiences in the past with Amazon supporting lost packages etc.

spacemonkey

Glad I opted for BangGood and not EvoMTB in the end. Had my doubts about them from the start plus I didn’t want to wait 5 weeks for delivery. Would like to be proved wrong though and see everyone here receive a genuine unit.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

I think the point is that whether we get genuine items or not has sod all to do with evomtb!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

My Chinese one turned up today, looks good with plenty of kit and a nice feel but now it’s gone into hiding until Christmas 😥

flatfish
    Free Member

Yay, mine arrived today.

cyclelife
    Free Member

And mine, in time for trip to CyB this weekend 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mines arrived today. Not happy.

NOT in a box. Do I get my money back from Amazon, or do I have to pursue the seller ?

DickBarton

Was it damaged? Did everything else arrive with it? In the grand scheme of things, purchasing from China for less than £40 – does a box matter? Providing everything is there and undamaged, I wouldn’t be complaining as it was a bargain price.

(obviously it does if it was intended as a gift)

…still waiting on mine…

stevied
    Free Member

Mine didn’t arrive in a box. Luckily I managed to find a box that it all fitted into (so that it can be wrapped for me for Christmas)… 🙄

neilm
    Free Member

What sort of record times are you guys getting?

I was just about to press the button on an SJ4000 last night when I saw that it has 70 minutes record time. My training rides are 1.5 hours minimum, but I have had so many close shaves in the last couple of weeks I’m thinking a camera would be a good idea.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just updated the firmware on mine, so I guess it must be a legit bit of kit 🙂

Has anyone found anything that explains what all the different menu options do?

Ta

Edit – Hmm now not convinced, the record button isnt doing anything, but the zoom out button is now working as the ‘ok’ button 🙁

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I have not updated the firmware on mine, but I think there are 2 versions of this camera, not including the wifi version, so you may have flashed the wrong version.

As for recording time, I get around 1 hour.

If you need more recording time, you can get extra batteries pretty cheaply I think.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Mine was boxed.
    Looking at the firmware update I chose to stay with version 1 because of the recording at the top end is claimed to be better on version one.

jamesoz

Not sure what all this cocking about with firmware is meant to achieve? If it ain’t broke ect..
    Ordered mine from the original link, it took about 3 weeks to arrive. Bought a spare battery from Amazon for not a lot, an alloy bar mount for about 4 quid and took it down some trails. Pretty happy with the results, all in great for the cash. I did break the catch on the waterproof case, rectified with a rubber band.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ah would you believe it the USB port on mine has broken off and is now floating around inside the unit.

Googled it, and common issue, people recomend glueing in place. However now mine has snapped off, not too sure if I will be able to solder it back in place…

Firmware – Apparently update had more options. But then I did read that video quality not as good.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

If the USB port has broken, then if you can get it out then it still may be usable.

I remember seeing an external battery charger, and if you get one of these with a 2nd battery you can still use it. It is more of a pain however, as you’ll need to take the card out whenever you want to transfer footage.

You could try soldering it, but those pins are pretty small.

daver27
    Free Member

mine turned up a week ago. seems legit, took a good 3-4 weeks to arrive tho.

Anyone know how to turn the screen off during recording?

spacemonkey

Record time on mine in HD is around 40 mins. Haven’t tried a lower setting as I want to be in the habit of capturing only relevant trail action but at the best possibly quality.

My Sep firmware is great. Haven’t found a link to a newer version so not even sure if there is one.

spacemonkey

jamesoz: which bar mount did you get?

I’m trying my chesty mount next, or maybe the DIY rucksack set up. Still interested in bar mount, but me thinks it’ll result in a far more shaky recording – does it?

jamesoz

Ok here’s some footage from a hardtail, I just chose an alloy mount at random from fleabay. There’s a lot of bike noise possibly as it could do with some rubber in the clamp and my forks are a bit shonky. Youtube realy kills the quality
    Swinley

buck53

Anyone know how to turn the screen off during recording?

There’s a setting to turn it off after 1 min, 3 mins, 5 mins in the menus.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive managed to solder it back on, the unit charges but it wont connect to the PC. If you ever need to take your own apart, it is quite straight forward, but be warned the plastic that the screws go in to is made of cheese !

Looks like I will have to take the memory card out to download. 🙁

Good news is though that the supplier may be going to replace it, I just hope they dont want this one back.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I’ve found that many sellers from China just send a replacement without needing the broken unit returning. At least it charges with the soldered on port, as I’ve found that if you take the battery out it loses the date and time settings.

neilm
    Free Member

Ordered mine from the bay, plus a spare battery, plus a memory card, all from different suppliers.

The camera is currently held up, as MyHermes had a fire at their hub a day or so ago.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

apologies for numpty post but there seems to be so many links on on thread for different suppliers.

does anyone have a link to a UK supplier please or is it fine to go with one from China.

Do the Chinese ones come with a UK charger for the battery?

cheers

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Mine came from original link no problems, charge via USB so it’s no problem with charging either 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 417 total)

The topic ‘PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!’ is closed to new replies.