Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 417 total)
  • PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!
  • dhyetiman
    Free Member

I will be using iMovie as just got an iMac! What a learning curve that is !!!!

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these cams & just getting used to it,the only downside I’ve found is the mounts,they don’t tighten up & stay tight,so the camera flops about which is a pain,certainley the bar mount anyway !.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Does anyone know if they record with time code?

stumpy01

jonjones262 – Member
    Does anyone know if they record with time code?

You can set-up a date & time stamp according to the reviews.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these cams & just getting used to it,the only downside I’ve found is the mounts,they don’t tighten up & stay tight,so the camera flops about which is a pain,certainley the bar mount anyway !.

reedspeed – on the plastic on the screw mount take some sandpaper to it to rough up the edges on both pieces. The rough edges bind perfectly and don’t move (techmoan’s tip not mine but will take credit 🙂

Dogsby

I cannot see any mention of WiFi connectivity or is it me?

Dogsby

bigtimebones
    Free Member

I have one and its great bit of kit for the cash.

Small tip, set the white balance to Tungsten for best results.

stumpy01

Dogsby – Member
    I cannot see any mention of WiFi connectivity or is it me?

Dogsby

There’s a newer version that has Wi-Fi. This one doesn’t.

nickjb
    Free Member

There are lots of brands claiming to be the ‘new’ SJ4000. Is there actually an official one? Things get a bit grey with copies of copies.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Thx smurfly13..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I bought one when they first appeared for around 60 quid. Footage is great quality, but as above had to manually set the white balance (i set mine to cloudy) to stop it doing weird things with the colours.

For bar mounting i use one of these
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ST-86-Aluminium-Handlebar-Adapter-camera/dp/B00FJ2P6UI/

Been swimming with it too, still watertight.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I got one like this marketed as a Sunco Dream 2. I think it’s the same cam. It’s very good indeed and I’ve had it down to about 8m with no issues.

Not too bad on an MTB either.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Anyone know if it will fit onto a GoPro chesty mount?

flyingmonkeycorps

Yup, works fine with a chesty mount, the vids I posted earlier are shot with one.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Ooooooh. I think you’ve all shown me what I should spend my birthay money on.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Hookers?

flyingmonkeycorps

And blow.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Lol

scruff9252

And recording the evening on your new action camera?

willard

Good thing they are waterproof.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

And come with a cleaning cloth

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I didn’t get THAT much money for my bithday and I think I’ll keep a healthy distance from any hookers that’d do it for the loose change I’ll have left over.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

^^^this has made me chuckle^^^

:lol

buck53

Does anyone know of an effective way to mount this for use on the commute without helmet mounting? I don’t want to draw attention to the camera if I can help it, I’m thinking some kind of belt clip type setup on my rucksack straps rather than bar mounting so that I can point it away from ‘forward’ if need be.

nickjb
    Free Member

It comes with a sprung clip. A bit like a wide clothes peg. That’d clip to a rucksack strap or pocket fairly easily

will
    Free Member

Like the idea of this at £38, but prefer the idea of a Wifi one!

smurfly13
    Free Member

Anyone received one from EVOMTB yet to confirm if its the genuine one??!

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Is the idea of wifi simply to make uploading easier? I know on the GoPro it’s so you can view the frame via your iPhone ect, but as this has a screen to allow that I’m not sure what the other benefits are (if any)

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Looked on their site cant see a delivery time? Anyone know if they are genuine version or fakes?

scruff9252

Mine has been shipped from China, but not received yet.

jota180
    Free Member

Not that impressed with it TBH
    I do need to look at the setting but the quality doesn’t seem that great to me.
    It’s from a recommended source so presume it’s genuine.

Anyway, I stuck it on my new winter motorbike yesterday for it’s maiden ride, if you’re interested there’s a clip here.

http://tinyurl.com/qeg2h96

spacemonkey

Where are you chaps buying these from? I’ve a bunch of sites (bookmarked but can’t access from here) from research I did a few months ago.

Interested to see if there is a pattern to pricing/delivery/authenticity.

Ta

ads678

I bought one from EVOMTB/Amazon, i’ve had a despatched email and am expecting it delivered todayish.

No idea how i’ll tell if it’s a real one but i’ll film a bit of my commute when i get it to see whether it’s any good or not.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry where are they on Amazon, I can only see EVOMTB’s own website?

Has anyone tried the unit skiing? Can it handle the white?

Ta

buck53

Evomtb links through to Amazon at checkout, that site is basically a shop front and their transactions are done through Amazon.

Haven’t seen any footage of snow myself but it’s worth searching Youtube for sj400, there’s a lot on there. I’ve seen some impressive results from people who have fiddled with the white balance and done a bit of basic post processing. If you’re interested in getting the best image possible, this seems to be necessary with this camera.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ah great thank you

stumpy01

Looks like the yellow version has been dropped a bit further ; <£35 now…

Wife mentioned getting me it as a Christmas pressie but it’s not likely to last long at that price! Tempted to just get one…

ads678

Checked my despatch email again last night and it might not get here until Nov 27th!! So i’ll have a wait a bit longer to test it, I really should read stuff but i just got too excited……

Brother_Will
    Free Member

£35 just too tempting, I’ve purchased one

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 417 total)

The topic ‘PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!’ is closed to new replies.