Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 417 total)
  • PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!
  • spacemonkey

does anyone have a link to a UK supplier please or is it fine to go with one from China.

EvoMTB provide an option to buy what appears to be UK stock (about a 3-5 day turnaround). Costs about £20+ more for delivery.

I opted to get mine from Bang Good’s UK warehouse as the overall cost was the same but it was for the wi-fi model. It had the Sep firmware onboard which is newer than several other versions out there too. See my previous posts in this thread for links.

DickBarton

Camera arrived…appears to be the genuine article, so quite happy with that…also looks like the firmware I have is August 2014, so no need to update that either.

Off to charge it up then I’ll strap it to the bike as I go for a pedal today.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Well ordered 6 weeks ago and still nothing for Amazon Chinese seller – was only a Christmas present for me and in no rush for it so not a major concern – just a pain in the a%&e now waiting for Amazon to refund me – which apparently takes 1-2 weeks unless you opt for their gift card!!!

nant
    Free Member

Recieved after 4 weeks. Works well, good quality video, boxed and with lots of different mounts which I don’t have a clue about.

flatfish
    Free Member

Santa brought mine today.

One question,
    Anybody know how to take a single selfie?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

santa brought mine today, obviously didnt come boxed from china. Sadly at work so cant play with it but HUKD have just flagged this as a a cheap class 10 32gb

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004Q3C98S

smurfly13
    Free Member

Well after all my issues and wait it arrived Christmas eve!!!

It’s genuine, but no box (no issues here!)

Very happy for £34!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

and disregard my link thats for an SD not a micro SD 🙄

devs
    Free Member

Did you manage to sort out the buttons isse FunkDunc? I have the same problem now. I’m guessing that it’s not the genuine article then. It still works, just with extra faff.

Wibble
    Free Member

I’d recommend Bang Good (doesn’t sound great I know) UK warehouse.

Following Spacemonkey’s posts I ordered an SJ4000 wifi & spare battery (£67 in total) on Xmas eve – arrived about 10am today! (well camera did – spare battery is coming from China).

Just messed around with it about the house so far but seems really good quality, especially for the price

T666DOM

I’ve taken the plunge as per Spacemonkey & Wibble, for £67 posted it’s worth a punt before spunking £350 on a GoPro [which I still fancy]

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bargain £7.99 class 10 32Gb microSD card here (no affiliation, just bought one myself)

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Integral/Integral-32GB-UltimaPro-Micro-SDHC-Card-40MB_s-Including-Adapter—Class-10-

also on cashback sites.

mcnultycop

I might have been drunk when I ordered mine as I got the yellow one! Assume it’s fake but seems ok, boxed, etc.

wishiwascalledsteve

Ordered a yellow one as it was £4 cheaper and it arrived this morning. Seems legit, checked the menu and it states it’s a SJCAM SJ4000. There was no box, just wrapped in foam.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Mines the Yellow one too. All the way from China, definitely genuine, menus are right, firmware is correct, quality is good – absolutely faultless for the price, it just works!!

DickBarton

Hmmm, mildly miffed – for some unexpected reason, my camera stopped power up – I’d got my hands on a firmware update, but even before I’d applied that, the camera failed to start up…spent the next half hour making a sort of sparkle noise twice then silence for about 30 seconds then repeat…now it is totally silent – so not even had a chance to try a firmware update.
    Plugged in to a USB cable, the red power light is on, but nothing else is showing…utterly dead.
    Have contacted the seller via Amazon and I hope a new one will be sent out.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I think I may have a fake.
    Menus are different
    My PC doesn’t recognise it when plugged in, although I can remove the memory card and view contents that way.
    Firmware says Sports Cam 8 2014-09-17 A

Footage seems OK, but its hard to tell inside in a dimly lit room.

Anyone else got that firm ware?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I’ve emailed the seller (through Amazon) to advise that I have received a counterfeit. I’ll see what they come back with.

To be fair, the camera is still worth £35

me1tdown
    Free Member

My yellow one arrived yesterday too, from AccmartDirect on Amazon, ordered 25/11/2014.

Externally it looks genuine, and the version info says ‘SJCAM-SJ4000’, although I’m confused by the firmware which is listed as ‘20140818V01’ – and if I google that number I get very few results, so maybe it isn’t official firmware? I don’t dare try and update it in case it messes things up.

Either way it seems to perform well, a bit grainy indoors in the evening, but very good outside in daylight. I wish it had a time lapse function though.

Now I just have to work out what to use it for! Any ideas?

spacemonkey

Here’s my model info in case anyone would like to compare:

Model: SJ4000WIFI
    Version: W20140928V02
    Date: Sep282014
    Firm: SJCAM

It also has Capture Mode; Single, 3S Timer, 5S Timer and 10S Timer.

spacemonkey

Might not be as the name on the front doesn’t state SJ 4000. I might have read somewhere that only genuine models have SJ 4000 and/or SJ Cam on the front.

Here’s the one I bought.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Has anyone had trouble with the mounts moving .? I’ve tried to tighten the bolt but it still moves a little and doesn’t feel secure .

reedspeed
    Free Member

Singlecrack

You need to rough up the faces with emery paper !.

Mine did the same &
    Someone on here suggested it !.

me1tdown
    Free Member

Spacemonkey – thanks for the info, although mines not the WiFi version. I think the capture mode refers to a delay before shooting, the setting I want (and don’t have) should be called ‘sequence’ I think.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Reedspeed. Thanks will try it

spacemonkey

should be called ‘sequence’ I think.

As in record footage in blocks, eg 3 mins, 5 mins etc? Mine has this and it works well.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member
    Might not be as the name on the front doesn’t state SJ 4000. I might have read somewhere that only genuine models have SJ 4000 and/or SJ Cam on the front.

Here’s the one I bought.

Thats the one I went for. Did you get it from the UK warehouse option?
    And how long did it take for delivery?

spacemonkey

Thats the one I went for. Did you get it from the UK warehouse option?
    And how long did it take for delivery?

Yes, UK warehouse.

Took 2 or 3 days.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Cool, that must be what the Royal Mail card is for. I didn’t expect it so quickly. Amazon and eBay sellers who say they are UK Based don’t always turn out to be.
    £66.11 for camera, extra battery and external charger, I used ” BGdeals “code for a discount.

DickBarton

Me1tdown – that is a genuine unit…apparently they have 2 versions…v01 can’t take the new firmware update but v02 can but it then loses true 1080p as it does 720 but doubles the something…so you have a genuine item. Mine was the same but now doesn’t power up…totally dead…have contacted Accman but no response yet (only been 18 hours so I’m hoping to hear back tomorrow).

DickBarton

Official site is here – http://www.sjcam.com/en/ – I think it is the Techmoan site that says about the firmware update removing true 1080p.

DickBarton

It wasn’t Techmoan that told me about the firmware update removing the 1080p setting, it was this website – http://actioncamfaq.com/tag/sj4000/

1. This firmware is for SJ4000 V02 version only. If you don’t know which version you have purchased please check the last two two digits of your firmware version in your camera menu. It should read either V01 or V02. Failing to do so will cause white blank screen. V02 is the old SJ4000 where V01 is the new SJ4000. Very confusing but that is how they did it.

2. If you accidentally installed the wrong version and you are getting white blank screen, you can find the old firmware for camera V01 in this website: http://www.techmoan.com/files-drivers/

3. This new firmware for V01 camera adds 5s,10s,20s for time lapse as “Capture Mode” but removes 3s Option. If you need 3s time lapse, do NOT upgrade.

4. This new firmware version for V01 degrades photo and video quality. The 1080p files is actually 720p, interpolated to 1080p. If you want real 1080p, do not upgrade.

DickBarton

Had email back about my borked non-wifi version – I was looking at firmware updates but before downloading an update, the device stopped powering up…then after an hour it started making the power on noise, followed about 2 seconds later with a power off noise – no lights on.
    I did a bit of ‘research’ and thought it might be something that could get fixed with a firmware update – so I spent last night updating the the camera with different firmwares – all to no avail apart from one – it now powers on and can cycle through the menu options and record stuff – but the preview screen doesn’t show – so I can’t see anything.
    Contacted AccMart via Amazon and I’ve to send the unit back.

neilm
    Free Member

I got mine for a UK eBay seller for £59 posted. I ignored some of the cheaper listings as the cameras did not have the SJCAM logo on the front.

Mine is a genuine one, with the right firmware and menu’s and I’m well pleased with it. So far I have just used it on the road bike, but by turning off the screen when recording (as suggested by Technmoan) I am getting 90 minutes record time. I have even taught myself basic editing using iMovie and have used that to save the two close passes by a bus the other day, plus the dick in the Jag that pulled out on me waaaay too late.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Not happy …mine was bought for my boy for Christmas……switched it on when I got it first everything ok …….now after not even being used properly …my boy said it won’t turn on ….so I try it ..no good …thought it may be no power …so start to charge it…….within 5 mins bang the charger goes pop …………. 👿

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Ordered mine 24/11 and still waiting, emailed accmart and they’re sending another one so maybe one day…

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Mine, fromm accmart arrived on Monday, was ordered the same day as yours dicky.

Seems to be genuine, quality is good but haven’t used it properly yet, just garden tests.

DickBarton

singlecrack – can you plug camera into USB cable into a computer? More likely to be a ‘proper’ charge then without the fireworks…

stayhigh

Just to save me trawling through all the previous posts what is the benefit of wifi for this, is it simply to upload without cables?

Thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 417 total)

The topic ‘PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!’ is closed to new replies.