Viewing 17 posts - 401 through 417 (of 417 total)
  • PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!
  • worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Bought one through Accmart on Amazon. Tried it on daytime and nighttime commute, for the price the quality is very good. I have also put it on a track bike and used on Velodrome in a drop in session with club mates, and I was expecting it to be quite jittery as I didn’t have the rubber grip on the bars with the mount. Video quality was excellent and very stable. Will be testing the waterpoofness on holiday in the sea and on the kayak.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers phil – that confirms it then i need to mount it upside down dohhhh!!!! never mind learing curve i guess, shame though as the footage would have been ace

ahhhh yes thinks thats what the quality difference will be bud, it will be the SD card, mines is a sandisc 32gb class 10 and its smooth and great quality, even when uploaded to youtube, guess thats where yorus has failed quality wise with the small card and class 2

v12jat
    Free Member

Just picked a Wifi SJ4000, looks a nice camera waiting for a class 10 micro sd card to arrive though before i can use it!
    Whats the best editing software to use on windows for one of these? free to download of course!

larkim
    Free Member

Windows Movie Maker is simple and easy to use. Free, of course.

Just received my second cloned camera from AccMart. This one has 20141122V02 installed by default. Otherwise seems identical to the other one I bought.

geoffj

Just looked at recording from yesterday. On the 1100 mAh battery, I got 112 minutes of recording. On the stock 900 mAh I got 77 minutes of recording. Both on the same settings (1080) and both a similar outdoor temperature of around 5 degrees (skiing).

Pretty impressive TBH.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Has anybody updated there iPhone App?
    I can’t connect to the camera unless I update the firmware now.

timmys

Mine arrived this week. (a black one non-wifi, £35 from amazon via AccmartDirect, 3 days for delivery)

The firmware version is 20141122V02, I understand the V02 ending means it is the older version of the SJ4000. Should I be worried about that or just get on and use the thing?

Also the power/mode button seems to need a very hefty push to cycle through the modes, which makes it quite irritating to use. Is that a feature or is my button a bit dodgy?

geoffj

*coughs*

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Elite-Action-Camera-Wi-Fi/dp/B00EQ36ZY2

Please buy them all so that I don’t have to get one.

larkim
    Free Member

The firmware version is 20141122V02, I understand the V02 ending means it is the older version of the SJ4000. Should I be worried about that or just get on and use the thing?

@timmys
    – after having stuck countless different firmwares onto the AccMart purchased camera, I’m fairly sure it isn’t a genuine SJ4000 – but I also have no problems with the way it works and the quality.

My history of the firmware on my AccMart purchased one was that it had firmware 20140818V01 ostensibly on it. So I tried other V01 firmwares, and success ranged from making the device completely unuseable to getting it to turn on and record OK, but with the screen completely blank (that was with an SD28 firmware, not SJ4000 firmware – I had less success with genuine SJ4000 firmwares). Anyway, after despairing that I’d knackered the device, a very helpful poster on here emailed me 20141122V02 and lo-and-behold this brought the device back working again.

My take on it is that the camera that you and I have is NOT an official SJ4000, its NOT an official SD28 (Accmell SD28 homepage), its something which shares common parts with both of those, and fits within an SJ4000 shell. The “V01” and “V02” parts of the firmware on these devices is just a name – its meaningless, probably just something to persuade the casual googler that it is the “latest” model.

My buttons are a little stiff too, but I’d rather have that than they been easily bumped.

I’ve since bought another one from AccMart and that has come with 20141122V02 already installed.

reevo1390
    Free Member

Im on my second SJ cam 4000 and both have developed the same problem. After minimal usage the up/wi-fi rocker button on the side of the camera has failed and does not press down fully. Has anybody else experienced anything similar in use.

The above aside its a cracking camera for the price.

gazman428
    Free Member

thanks Geoff, I’ve helped you out, that is the cheapest i’ve seen yet

flyingmonkeycorps

Pointless bump for a SJ4000 video with a bit of editing and filtering:

[video]https://youtu.be/fM5W-l5R8JU[/video]

Not bad at all (quality wise, the riding not so much). It was quite a gloomy day, it would probably fare better in bright sun.

Taking it out for another play tomorrow.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Hi guys, just got one of these cameras. Probably superseded twice over by now but I am usually quite slow on the uptake.

Anyhow, I have what looks to tick all the boxes of a ‘proper’ SJ4000 wifi.

What I am struggling to get my head around

1) Uploading big files from the unit to my ipad by wifi. It seems to time out before completing the upload.

2) The app for the ipad is abysmal. It stops working half the time. Its designed for iphone as it doesn’t fit the screen very well. The record function seems to wrok but it sometimes takes 3-4 goes to get the screen to download the files and then it isn’t working for the bigger files.

3) Android app. I cant find the app to put onto my nokia lumia in the store. I have tried scanning the barcode but that takes me to a defunct link.

Any help appreciated guys

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I received my camera this week and downloaded this app for android, works very well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astrotek.ptpcamera&hl=en

hb70

@Littlesthobo can you post a linky to where you bought the genuine Wifi SJ4000.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Item no 151416193903

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Struggling to get that app to download fog. Hmmm will try again

Viewing 17 posts - 401 through 417 (of 417 total)

The topic ‘PSA – GoPro alternative (sj4000) less than 40 quid!’ is closed to new replies.