Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Missing a pilot bolt must I buy the whole replacement kit or is it standard size
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

Hi all, lost this bolt somewhere on today’s ride. Evans do a kit linky and it’s the little bolt with the blue locktite.

Is this a standard bolt I can get anyone or do I need the kit?

Ta in advance

Onzadog
    Free Member

Probably a standard metric bolt. Best bet, take the one out of the other side and measure it. (or at least put a pic on here).

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Bog standard countersunk cap head bolt any fastener supplier will have them or be able to get them next day take the other one out take it with you bet they have got them in stock 🙂

Mind you might have min order so you might end up spending a tenner or so to get your bolts but most suppliers also have a good selection of tools 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi thanks for the response so far

[/url][/img]

Bolt image here, looks like 9mm to me?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bumpy knuckles

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might need a clearer picture. However, it looks like a countersunk metric fastener. You can measure the length and nominal diameter and you know what size hex key fits . Armed with that and Google, you can find what size it is. Loads of reference tables for bolts out there.

Ambrose

That looks suspiciously similar to a SPD cleat screw.

igm

Stig’s fasteners used to have a good selection with no minimum order

timba
    Free Member

Google “fastener suppliers” for your town and pop in. My local will sell one item, and you can get the threadlock there too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Missing a pilot bolt must I buy the whole replacement kit or is it standard size’ is closed to new replies.