Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • man bags.. not really
  • Bedds
    Free Member

ok, so every weekend, on at least three occasions, my wallet will go missing and I’ll have to ask the missus where it is, the inevitable answer is “in my bag”

I can stand having shedloads of stuff in pockets and i want to get a bag which doesn’t look
    a) like a girls one.. cos I’m a real man.. grr
    b) doesn’t look like a sports rucksack

probably a really homo type question, but I bet at least one of you out there has an idea or suggestion.. and for the rest of you, feel free to laugh, I’m bored and need entertaining! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

homo?

donsimon
    Free Member

sapien…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

probably a really homo type question

Shaky start!

Go to Paris, every man and his dog has some kind of bag/satchel.

Jamie
    Free Member

question?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a girl’s one?

headfirst
    Free Member

McHamish
    Free Member

You’re missing the root cause of you losing your wallet…you wife is putting it in her bag.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can stand having shedloads of stuff in pockets and i want to get a bag which doesn’t look:

a) like a girls one.. cos I’m a real man.. grr
    b) doesn’t look like a sports rucksack

So why you want a bag if you don’t mind stuff in your pockets?

Bedds
    Free Member

🙂

homo as in sexual

maybe I need to add a

c)

then..
    as in

c) I don’t want to look like a frenchman

miketually
    Free Member

What are you carrying? Wallet, loose change, keys, phone.

What need for a bag?

dogbert
    Free Member

timbuk2

Rickshaw

Manhattan Portage

Edit: oops, I never added the usual useful Singletrack response…….you big woman!! 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ask flashfart. He was asking about manbags the other day, in the guise of some bollocks about a laptop and change of clothes carrying accessory.

Kahurangi

satchel.

although I normally use a rucksack if I expect to be carrying any amount of stuff or shopping.

this particular one is £35 from Fat Face

http://www.fatface.com/bags-and-belts/mens-despatch-bag/invt/28953/&bklist=icat,4,shop,menswear,mensbagsbelts

jon1973
    Free Member

fanny pack

yunki
    Free Member

I would definitely opt for the Goa Hippy look in your situation..

headfirst
    Free Member

Wallet: back pocket
    Phone: front left
    Keys, loose change: front right

Works for jeans, trousers and shorts!

And as mchamish said: tell your wife to stop putting your wallet in her bag!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Er, is this where I mention that i have a couple and find them very useful, work out what you want to carry it in and to be honest i have a canvas and leather one which gets used all the time, looks more like a modern satchel/small smart courier bag, by Duffer of St George, have had it for a few years so probably doesnt help.

druidh
    Free Member

Wallet, phone, keys. What else do you need to carry?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have a really nice brown leather one I got from White Stuff. Looks proper cool. Haven’t used it lately but will be resurrecting it for my iPad. 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

well a bag is easy isn’t it?

and to be honest, I lose stuff, so having something bigger would be harder to lose

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm, sounds like you are best off having a responsible adult looking after your wallet then. Just let the wife keep hold of it.

Bedds
    Free Member

cheers all

I’m starting to garner support, I can tell..

good point though, I’ll have a word with mrs bedds..

oi.. mrs bedds.. NO!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m starting to garner support, I can tell..

Once the tide turns 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need to be Italian to carry a man bag! Even their cops do it

headfirst
    Free Member

what you actually need is one of these bad boys…

Bedds
    Free Member

cheers headfirst.. stylish, practical and sure to mean I never forget stuff again 😉

falkirk-mark

The only manbag I would have is my bawbag anything else is gay.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I would suggest for longevity Timbuk2 their stuff is ace otherwise fat face, gap or white stuff are worth a look

higgo
    Free Member

Can I nudge you in the direction of a mate’s website?

http://www.blokesbags.co.uk/index.html

Bedds
    Free Member

do you star on the site higgo?

Keva
    Free Member

I have one, very useful for carrying a lock, waterproof, fleece, minipump, tyre levers, multitool, book and a magazine when I ride my bike to the pub.

looks a bit like this one…

Also handy for travelling, can stick a camera, water bottle, snacks, passport, flight itinerary etc and anything else I want to hand in it.

Kev

footflaps

Not too bad..

TooTall
    Free Member

Carry less crap

Take responsibility for your own crap

MTFU

You are over 12 years old aren’t you?

AdamW
    Free Member

I really can’t be doing with stuff in me pockets all the while. It’s like when I’m on me bike. If I have coins in my shorts the constant ‘chink-chink-chink-arrghbastudlog-chink-chink-oolookasquirrel!’ gets on me tits.

So I have a manbag. From John Lewis, which while being the gayest department store in the UK, if not the world, makes decidedly hettie manbags. Less ‘Priscilla, Queen of the Desert’, more ‘My Name Is Norman and I’m a Chartered Accountant’ type. Still, it does and it even allows me to tell people I’m ‘straight acting’. 😛

rp16v
    Free Member

i have a few most of the time ilug around my 25ltr bag filled with nappys/clothes/coats ect but put all pocket bits in it aswll but when on my own i use something about this size
    http://www.sportfusion.co.uk/Dakine+Rucksack+%7C+Dakine+Glacier+Pack+08+-+Black/1394spfp.htm

Duggan

I just got one of these for a tenner. Won’t suit everyone but is handy for taking stuff to work for the day and whatnot.

http://thevintagebin.com/Vintage-Canvas-Medic-Bag-Khaki-with/M/B000BFJE7Y.htm

footflaps

I pretty much always carry this with me:

project
    Free Member

Do Homo`s all have man bags or is that just stereo typing, i also note your opening question states you have a wife, and that youre a real man, why do you really feel the need to masculinise your sexuality while deeming someone elses.

Get a satchel.

Bedds
    Free Member

🙂

more for amusement value than anything else project.

I’m a bag freak to be honest.. and want something else.. quite liking the look of the visconti’s

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘man bags.. not really’ is closed to new replies.