Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Is it time to admit I'm past it? – trainer/shoe content
  • somafunk

Yeah it’s another one of those threads………..and I’m only 45

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Cushe wild run trainers and they are so handy for quickly slipping on and just heading out rather than the hassle of attempting to bend down and manuvre myself into a position to tie laces (spinal damage – 1 removed vertebrae, 6 fused vertebrae and spinal cord damage so I find it rather awkward to fully bend over, go easy on me please 😉 ) but my wild runs are starting to fall apart so last night I looked online to replace them but they are no longer available. I’ve looked for similar styles online but all I’ve found are quite “special” looking styles from Ecco and Bestard which are full leather uppers etc.

Anyone got any ideas?, and feel free to rip the piss with pics of slippers etc 😀

coconut
    Free Member

I hear crocs are coming back big time, get ahead of the crowd fella.

somafunk

Even for me I consider crocs a step to far. I’ve had a thought…..why don’t I just fit whatever trainers I like with an elasticated lace….problem solved

cchris2lou

Triathlon laces ?

Salomon do some too .

or the Nike from Back to the Future ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

They do Velcro for kids shoe’s.. Not sure if there’d be any suitable adult versions

monde
    Free Member

Salomon?? http://www.salomon.com/uk/men/running-shoes

Is it the quick lace that makes them special? If so just buy a pair of quick laces and fit them on to a shoe of your choice.

Superficial
    Free Member

all I’ve found are quite “special”

I think the ones you’re wearing are quite special. 😆

I just use some Adidas / Vans etc skate type shoes to slip on and off easily. But they’re no good for running in. What do actually actually want them for? For running or just for mooching about?

somafunk

Running?, chance would be a fine thing…..I consider being able to walk 10yards (genuine) without tripping up and landing on my face/knees/hands due to my non functioniong legs to be a successful outing 😀 , if I can’t ride my ebike to where I wish to go then it’s out of the question.

bigblackshed

OP.

Lock laces are what you want. Just pop a set in a pair of subtle trail running shoes.

LOCK LACES

Addidas Trail Shoes

somafunk

Cheers bigblackshed, very helpfull, they’ll open up suitable possibilities.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry for slight hijack. But I wish there was a decent Velcro adult shoe. Going to be one handed for a month or so, and wondering what exactly I am going to do for footwear. As both laces, and my salomons with quick lace, need two hands.

somafunk

I wish more trainer companies used the boa adjustment thingy as my pearl izumi x-alp launch mtb shoes are ace

Jamie
    Free Member

Bring back Puma Disc!

user-removed
    Free Member

I used to love my Merrel slip on shoes – comfy for all day wear amd no need to bend down.

Vibram soles to make you feel better and everything…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Let me help sir choose.

We have the classic Aldi Parking Dispute:

Ejected From Planning Meeting:

Operation Yewtree:

Tai Bride & Paedo Dungeon:

somafunk

Chestercopperpot wins the internet, 😀

Found these which I quite like but at £200+ I’d have to be pretty drunk on a decent malt whisky before I’d consider spending that much………….I’d better crawl to bed before I make a drunken purchase

wilburt
    Free Member

Whilst I had my doubts about some converse in the other thread I’m ok with Crocs for generally duty around the house and garden. Even on rare occasions venturing as far as the local shop for additional supplies.

They are so obviously practical that all image considerations are offset…IMO.

roper
    Free Member

look for inspiration in how younger people wear their shoes.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Has the tripster gone now?

alanl
    Free Member

Lizard may be able to help:
    Lizard Shoes

funkmasterp

Take it back to your youth

mikedabear
    Free Member

@ funkmasterp
    reminds me of yesterdays Converse thread.

scotroutes

my salomons with quick lace, need two hands.

Nah, you should be able to manage with one hand, though it might depend on how tight you like them.

matt_outandabout

Would sir like Salomon RX Moc 1.0 with elastic laces?

Or RX Moc 2.0 full pensioner.

nickc

somafunk, I’ve a set of speed tie laces that you can have (atlas laces) that are just sat around at home. If you want to try them out, I’ll happily post them up to you.

email nickcummins7328ATgmail.com let me know your addy and they’re yours.

benp1

I use lock laces on loads of my shoes, cheap on eBay and range of colours to suit the trainers

Currently on my approach shoes (for town use), my MTB shoes, and 2 pairs of trainers. They’re excellent

stumpy01

Might be worth trying some Nike Air Huarache.
    I had a pair the first time round (’93 or so) for running and the neoprene slipper style means you don’t have to wear laces with them…
    They are more secure with them obviously, but I used to wear them without sometimes….

fooman

I just leave my shoes / trainers tied all the time and slip them on with shoe horn long enough not to have to bend right down. Used to do it without the shoe horn but would destoy heels.

1-shed
    Free Member
    somafunk

cloudnine : Nah i’ve still got the tripster, i thought about selling it but i can’t bring myself to do it as i love that bike and would only get back a fraction of what i’ve spent on it. I was going to fit a bafang motor & battery kit but after reading about the sunstar motor that TJ fitted to his town bike i may hold off and contact him for a spin on it if i ever go up to Edinburgh.

alani : cheers for that link, I’m quite taken with the Kross Terra II and Kross Scramble as they are very similar in design/constructionto my knackered Cushe Wild Run – top stuff…cheers!

nickc : I ordered a few sets of the lock laces that bigblackshed posted further up in the thread to fit to my normal trainers but cheers for the offer.

matt_outandabout : jesus christ….my walking gait is bad enough as it is without drawing any more attention to myself 😀

Think the Lizards win the thread, top stuff peeps.

CountZero

I just leave my shoes / trainers tied all the time and slip them on with shoe horn long enough not to have to bend right down. Used to do it without the shoe horn but would destoy heels.

Pretty much this, but I don’t bother with the shoehorn, I put mine on sat on the edge of the bed and just put my finger into the heel to ease it out enough to slip my foot in.
    I really must get another pair of plain black Vans, too…
    something like these, I think…

Inbred456
    Free Member

Surely at your age you should be trying to capture your lost youth and be wearing some classic adidas or converse!

cloudnine
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmqBLSRIMXg[/video]

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Is it time to admit I'm past it? – trainer/shoe content’ is closed to new replies.