Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I'm going to a rave next saturday
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

hahaha sat night im drunk and chatting to some like minded drum n bass friends and find out about a party that runs called masquerave….turns out theres one next week so i ended up buying a ticket. the missus is not up for it so have tagged along with a few people on the facebook group who are the organisers! theyve had slipmatt and a few other old skool djs at previous gigs. i cant bloody wait!!!!

ratpack and bukem were here last week but i missed out as i was seein roni size

bahahahah mid life crisis or what?!?!?!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Is this you?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I have a better tan than that. Cheeky.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Kinda pills you taking?

senorj

Forget the pills ,check if the venue has a defibrillator.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just remember the pills are a lot stronger now.

Also, have fun.

Deal with the matter. Deal with it proper.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Apparently the Trump beans are Chunky AF

tdog
    Free Member

To say I’m jealous is an understatement, I’d like to see Bukem and Roni live also Dub FX who I’ve just discovered as a lyrical and soundful delight.

jekkyl

I’ve got tickets for Roni Size in Feb, get some bought. London 23rd Feb.
    I was at a Karfty Kuts gig the other week, I’m 42. The enjoyment of music has no age barrier.

redthunder
    Free Member

Tickets for a rave ?

Not a proper rave then !

xc-steve
    Free Member

Went to a rave a couple months ago was odd, kids not getting what a rewind was, snapchatting eachother whilst weeing… But nothing has changed when it comes to a heavy drop.

With adult/parent eyes on didn’t quite realise how mashed up everyone was back when I was a youth.

chip
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Raving gifs, eh?

dazh

Tickets for a rave ?

My thoughts too. Not quite the same unless it’s in a muddy railway arch with the rain shorting out the electrics and the ever present threat of the cops shutting it down.

chip
    Free Member

Still used to get tickets to illegal raves, buy the tickets from a record shop then have to listen to pirate radio on the night to find out where it was.

eskay

I remember trying to find out where in the country Spiral Tribe were going to be on a Staurday night. Find a phone box and keep calling a number until the engaged tone changed to a description of a meeting place.

Bank holidays were easy because the BBC news always announced where a “large group of travellers were converging to hold a rave!”

chip
    Free Member

This was spiraltribe at castlemorton 1992 I think

jimdubleyou

Last time I went to a rave I was riding along the North Downs and loads of folk had congregated around a couple of sound systems.

It was weird.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Whistler full moon parties FTW

sbob
    Free Member

Any Life4Landers in the house? 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I realised what I’d done the next day when I told my wife and she said “I’m not going, I’m too old for this sh!t”

Special Guests, live n direct from the UK……

Utah Saints. 😀 I’m gonna be practising my “running man” steps

Greg Packer is doing an old skool set…. The Facebook page is full of 40 something’s posting rave and acid house tunes with the “oi oi’s” and “TUNE!” comments

I’m quite excited. I’m not gonna get munted as I’m a responsible adult with a respectable job and I also have to drive home for an hour when it finishes so I’ll probably have a few beers at the start and dance my arse off.

Nice one bruvvaaaaaaaa!!!!!

sbob
    Free Member

Saw Utah Saints at Secret Garden Party.
    First half was ok, second half was awesome, encore was frickin’ amazing!

Enjoy. 🙂

makkag
    Free Member

im 39 and still go out .. good friend is a DJ which helps .. not into the little fella’s anymore and frankly am amazed at how Mashed people get. I have a chuckle and thank god there were no camera phones in my day (Although i am on a Helter Skelter video !) Last time i got a bit squiffy was at hospitality this year in fins-bury park – ended up talking about conkers with MC Foxy and half of Roni Size orchestra over a bottle of gin we “found” backstage.

Looking forward to Goldie and the heritage orchestra at the roundhouse this Sunday.. bit more like it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sounds like a hoot.

I have some mates who still DJ, more the private intimate gatherings these days.. we’re all old gits now.. but there’s nothing like a few hours chucking shapes to lift the fug.

Never done the drug thing, always found adrenaline quite enough thanks.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Part of me is thinking “I’m going raving by myself” but the other part of me thinks “it’s a bloody rave, you’ll meet people there”

The Facebook group is full of 40 ish ex-ravers who are mates with DJs and the crew look amazing tbh. After seein Roni t’other week I had a bloody blast dancing like a loon. Memories of early 90s (to be fair I moved on to dnb and techno and acid techno so I didn’t slow down until late 2000’s)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Just remember the pills are a lot stronger now

Stronger than 1989-92? I doubt it

The early’90’s is where I’m quite happy to leave raving. I had some of the best times of my life and trying to replicate them would be nothing but a massive disappointment I’d imagine. I have a few mates who go to hard house club reunions, but they are mostly a bit younger than me

perchypanther
    Free Member

Special Guests, live n direct from the UK……

Utah Saints

Unplugged?

[video]https://youtu.be/4x4It_uE9ME[/video]

doris5000

Stronger than 1989-92? I doubt it

spoken like a true STWer 😆

seriously though – any aul codgers thinking of double-dropping like the old days need to be aware that there are pills knocking around these days with 250 – 300mg MDMA in them.

Ecstasy deaths are at their highest for years because strength varies so wildly now – so go carefully amidst the noise and haste.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Kinda pills you taking?

Whatever this guy is on 😆

seriously though – any aul codgers thinking of double-dropping like the old days

Believe me, back in ‘the day’ you wouldn’t have wanted to be double dropping the pills we were getting

doris5000

indeed, but plenty of people who are now 40ish thought nothing of double dropping (or indeed triple dropping, as I occasionally saw) from say 1997 – 2005.

Yes pills could be fairly bollocks then. But even so, 300mg now is insane, and caution is well advised!

wwaswas

We should all aspire to be Disco Pete.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0WCuYF58ag[/video]

Brighton disco legend, now sadly in a wheelchair but still throwing some shapes.

RustySpanner

I went to the Hacienda reunion gig last year.
    None of the females were searched, all the blokes were.
    Sniffer dogs at the entrance too.

Bloody good night though.
    🙂

verticalclimber
    Free Member

Stronger now? If you ever had dollars you would probably disagree. They are just different these day tbh.

myti
    Free Member

Disco Pete! Seen him out and about many a time!

Caher

The description of the railway arches brings back happy memories of late 80s early 90. Not sure I’d like to dance until 7am nowadays – got a bad knee.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Arches on Sheffield? Mate used to do a decent technology night there.

Reet, so I got a mate to come with. First thing she says is “can you get any pills?” a) they’re bloody expensive here b) I’m not wasting three days coming down and feeling like shit

Buzzin tho. Can’t wait!

eskay

So how was it?

somafunk

I expect aphex_2k is still transfixed at the traffic lights…..

[video]https://youtu.be/8QhHSl-bdpU[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I'm going to a rave next saturday’ is closed to new replies.