Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

How is that communist China doing right now throughout the failure ? Better or worse than rampant capitalism?

They are doing rather well. Thanks to rampant capitalism.

mcboo
    Free Member

communist China

Communist!?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed China are major stakeholders in most of European Debt and most of the USA’s come to that.

Rampant capitalists they certainly are.. You wait, they’ll hold the world to ransom soon..

Muhahaha, muhahah

Still, we see this everywhere these days. Needs sorting out sharpish.. Stinky smells eminating… Pong’idge

Junkyard
    Free Member

so communist states are doing better than capitalist ones due to rampant capitlaism and I meant to conclude that communism has failed and capitalism has won…. mmm interesting logic at work

lets not go OT I am sure everyone can see the point being made

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

I can’t answer the question Ernie, because there isn’t an Election in the offing, there are no potential candidates and I’ve not had a chance to select on the basis of their policies and my interests

Of course you can, the question is very clear : “If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?”

Stop avoiding the question like a politician and answer it.

Would you vote Labour ? Would you vote LibDem ? Would you vote Tory ? Would you vote UKIP ? Who vote BNP ? Who would you vote for ?

It’s the standard question which pollsters ask people when they are carrying out an opinion poll. Most people have no trouble answering it …….but apparently it’s too difficult for you to answer ?

As I said, why have you suddenly become so shy ? Usually you’re more than happy to bang on about politics, including slagging off political parties, but all of a sudden when you are asked to put your money where your mouth is, it’s no longer about “party politics” ! Charlatan

mcboo
    Free Member

lets not go OT I am sure everyone can see the point being made

Thats JY saying “OK, China isnt Communist”

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Tory.

I would never consider voting Labour, it’s the start of a slippery slope. Before you know it you’re watching ITV, reading a tabloid, referring to lunch as ‘dinner’, eating your evening meal at the same time as Newsround, driving a Vauxhall and married to a ‘bubbly’ woman who drinks pints.

mcboo
    Free Member

I’m voting Lib-Dem. Lynne Featherstone is an excellent MP.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. CommuCapital’ists if you don’t mind.

camo16
    Free Member

Tory.

I would never consider voting Labour, it’s the start of a slippery slope. Before you know it you’re watching ITV, reading a tabloid, referring to lunch as ‘dinner’, eating your evening meal at the same time as Newsround, driving a Vauxhall and married to a ‘bubbly’ woman who drinks pints.

😆

You’ll never really be in their crowd, though, bravohotel8er

Oh, you can get the pin-stripe suit, quaff late bottled port, get a side parting and wear a nice blue rosette, but they’re keeping the wealth and the power.

You know that, right?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thats JY saying “OK, China isnt Communist”

I would work on either your deductive powers or your ability to read my mind as both seem quite poor.

mefty
    Free Member

JY – To be fair, interpreting your posts can be a bit of a leap in the dark sometimes, although your spelling has improved of late – has your account been hacked?

geebus
    Free Member

Of course you can, the question is very clear : “If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?”

To be fair, hard to make a choice without knowing the policies of the parties post-election – of course election time means that they do really try and differentiate themselves with claims they can’t realistically make work.

I think it’s quite reasonable to expect that they will try and big out some new strategies and policies for an election.

Lifer
    Free Member

My MP is Francis Maude.

The seat has been Tory since 1880.

I vote Green.

mcboo
    Free Member

Ed Miliband got smoked at PMQs today

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/7419028/ed-looks-more-dead-than-deadly.thtml

Miliband then revealed to a startled house that he had discovered the solution to youth unemployment, albeit rather late in his career. ‘Get those on the highest incomes to help those with no income at all,’ he ordered the prime minister. ‘Tax bankers’ bonuses and create 120,000 jobs for young people.’ Simple as that.

Cameron, with his lip curling into a Heseltinian smirk, jumped gleefully on this inept daydream. ‘Another new use for the bonus tax,’ he mocked. ‘There have been nine already.’ He rattled off a wish-list of projects ear-marked for bank-sourced subsidies, including ‘converting empty shops into community centres’.

Mr Miliband’s glum face now resembled a deflated soufflé. An air of defeat hung over him and he looked like an over-promoted cashier trying to run the shop while the boss is at the bookie’s. Piously, he lamented that the prime minister was ‘playing politics with youth unemployment.’ Which brilliantly highlighted the fact that Mr Miliband was playing politics with youth unemployment. The Tories erupted with sarcastic laughter. And Speaker Bercow had to shut them up so that we could enjoy the sight of Labour’s leader entangling himself in more self-made muddles.

But he’d had enough. As Cameron denounced the opposition front bench as ‘the people who got us into this mess in the first place’, Miliband looked positively relieved to have used up all his questions

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Ed Miliband is my MP the bloke is a waste of space a typical new labour clown.

iDave
    Free Member

Is Goldman Sachs a party yet? I know they run Europe, just wondered if they’d appear on the ballot paper so I know where to put my cross steaming shit

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

So – is the summary of that something along the lines of – none of them would be worth pissing on if they were on fire?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair, hard to make a choice without knowing the policies of the parties post-election

Most people when asked by pollsters “If there was a UK general election tomorrow which party would you vote for?” have no problem answering the question.

Typically only about 10% answer “don’t know”, the other 90% manage to answer the question.

Given Z-11 outspoken views on politics, I would have expected him to be able to easily answer the question.

The “I don’t vote for the party but the candidate” claim by Z-11 is a red herring. He knows full well that whoever the candidate is, each party has an election manifesto. He also knows full well that he would never support a Labour, LibDem, or Green, manifesto…….whoever their candidate was.

Now if he means that he can’t make up his mind which far right candidate he would support, then fair enough, I can see the dilemma – Nigel Farage or a Tory Eurosceptic Thatcherite candidate. But I think he should say so – specially as he is always so very keen to share his right-wing critique of politics with everyone.

I suspect the truth is that the David Cameron’s Tory Party is too left-wing for Z-11, but he can’t bring himself to say so publicly.

And if I’m misrepresenting his views then he has only himself to blame…..he should be more honest about his politics.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

at this moment, not sure, i have voted liberal in the past, would i stil? not sure. would never vote tory or labour. I might have to read the green party manifesto and see what they are suggesting.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

But you’re wrong Ernie, and you’ve got my motives entirely wrong too 😀

The reason I decided not to go into my choice was that I felt it would derail the thread

My local conservative MP has not yet revealed his position on the repeal of the hunting act. Given that historically its always been a free vote issue, there is no party political aspect.

I don’t know the position of my UKIP, Labour or Lib Dem candidates – but suffice to say, if there was an election coming I’d know (at the last election, my vote was in a different constituency) I’d be finding out and it would pay a large part in my decision who to vote for, id the Conservative candidate was against a repeal, and the Labour one was for a repeal, then I would be very likely to vote Labour.

Thats called having principles – Not like yourself, who said that on a matter of principle he would not vote for Ken as mayor, but did anyway 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The reason I decided not to go into my choice was that I felt it would derail the thread

Awww…..bless you Z-ll, you didn’t want to “derail the thread”. Since when has that been a problem for you ……specially with a political thread ?

So you’re thinking of voting Labour then ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

JY – To be fair, interpreting your posts can be a bit of a leap in the dark sometimes, although your spelling has improved of late – has your account been hacked?

Its a fair point tbh sometimes at work i have a few minutes between appointments and fire of some post that becomes incomprehensible nonsense – I occasionally hit the laptop touch pad and the order of sentences gets muddled.
    It also does just seem to be my “signature ” on here so sometimes I just leave it as it was. Not the really bad stuff that is user error
    Its a fair point though. I my actually start to use punctuation ,but, imagine what the pedants would do to me then. At least now I can pretend I dont care

wrecker
    Free Member

Isn’t anyone else alarmed at Z11s choice of political master is based mainly on granting him permission to kill animals?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

no

entirely consistent with his blood lust.

Look out now for a ranting defense of hunting.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah ……. I hate Labour, Labour got us into this mess, Labour are totally incompetent with the economy. But screw the economy…….I want to kill something.

druidh
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Isn’t anyone else alarmed at Z11s choice of political master is based mainly on granting him permission to kill animals?

I guess that as the two “main” political parties in England are so similar, it’s smaller issues like this which might swing it either way in certain communities.

mefty
    Free Member

It also does just seem to be my “signature ” on here

Indeed it is and the fact you recognise it makes it that all the more appreciated – it was good to see you lapsing back into it into your last paragraph.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not really the issue means a lot to him and whilst I disagree with him and his choice I can see why he would vote for any party that allowed him to engage in his “sport”. Makes sense as this would probably change his life more than say the removal of the NHS or further enhancing union/workers rights say.
    I once voted lib dem because they were going to legalise cannabis – see kids its true drugs really **** you up and make you do stupid things 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I guess that as the two “main” political parties in England are so similar, it’s smaller issues like this which might swing it either way in certain communities.

I think that Z-11 might strongly disagree with your suggestion that the Tory and Labour parties are very simular. Well going by what he’s been posting for the last few years anyway……his anti-Labour pro-Tory rantings.

chiefgrooveguru

mikep summed it up fairly neatly.

grantway
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    I think an election now would have a seriously low turnout

I don’t think so Considering this Government now wants to make it easier
    for businesses to get rid of employees

Also you have the Government taping into the NHS pension funds
    by adding a cost of £ 50 pounds over Three years which will not go towards
    the employees pension but to pay off towards the deficit

So what else could you add to the reasons the common person
    could not find to get rid off this Government !

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Well, this was my point about derailing the thread, as I thought it was actually quite an interesting one so far…

How is it any different from making my choice of political representative on the basis of whichever promised to change access laws to increase access for MTB’s?

And to be fair, if that was on the political agenda, it would hold a major sway with me as well 😀

If I voted Labour, would labour win in my constituency? would they bollocks, but making my MP aware that he would lose my vote, and it would go to the opposition, because I was fundamentally opposed to his position might just make him think again, and might mitigate the usual vocal opinions for the anti movement.

If the whole Mountainbiking community got together (yeah, right!) and said we would only vote for a local MP who would support our campaign for increased access, then we could at least begin to raise the importance of the issue on the political agenda.

We should learn the lessons of the Ramblers, and of a thousand other minority pressure groups.

But, well, feckit, we just want to ride our bikes, right 🙄

grantway
    Free Member

But, well, fuckit, we just want to ride our bikes, right

Indeed but doesn’t resolve any problems has the Feckers are still there when I get back home!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How is it any different from making my choice of political representative on the basis of whichever promised to change access laws to increase access for MTB’s?

It’s different because you have urged everyone to read and support “The Plan” by Dan Hannan – a man who above all has castigated Labour’s economic policies, a man who is committed to withdrawal from the EU and the neo-liberal free-market.

And yet you are now saying that all those policies which have claimed are good for Britain, and have urged everyone to support, can go out of the window if you can have greater access for your MTB ?

Do you really care so little for your country ? Shocking.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve never voted, next time I’ll vote green I think

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

And I stand by ‘The Plan” – but lets face it, the comment above about none of the parties being different from the others is right, there are no real radical parties out there, everybody remains too afraid of upsetting the applecart to actually try any really radical policies like legalising drugs, or making doleys work for a living,

So yeah, I’ll make my political decisions based upon the issues I think I can change, rather than the ones I know I can’t.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I see that you have now edited your post Z-11 to say that you would vote Labour if you thought they stood no chance of winning. You never said that in your previous post which is too late to edit.

if the Conservative candidate was against a repeal, and the Labour one was for a repeal, then I would be very likely to vote Labour.

No mention of “but only if they stood no chance of winning”.

I can see why you were so reluctant to disclose your voting intentions – you’re all over the place mate.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Well, clearly I was talking about my own constituency, as I’d made that point from the start.

I edited it to clarify the local position, but really Ernie, did you honestly think a person like me would be living in an area with any chance whatsoever of a potential Labour majority 😆

Regardless, the point stands, regardless of local majorities, I’d rather vote for a Labour candidate who was for repeal, than a Tory candidate who was against repeal (though I’d also vote for a green, UKIP or Limp Dem if they were the only one in favour in my area)

As I said, a principled stand, not like your own policies Ernie (how’s red ken looking for the next mayoral election? worth a fiver as an outside bet?)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?’ is closed to new replies.