Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It seems as though everyone hates the tories, but who is there that would make a better job of it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

UK?

green

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do the Lib-Dems still exist?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

National Front.

binners

I think they should just impose a government on us from Brussels. Its quite fashionable with those Johny foreigner, continental types nowadays, apparently

wrecker
    Free Member

None of the above (a la Brewsters millions)

Torminalis
    Free Member

Technocrats. I quite like Eatstatic.

druidh
    Free Member

Same as last time

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The local candidate who I thought would represent my interests best regardless of their parliamenrtary party allegiance.

If people could only see that, then the system would work so much better for all of us 🙂

willard

You want a government like the Belgians have… i.e. no government. It seems to work well enough for them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I agree with Binners.

Shocking though, in’t it? Labour really cooduv regained a lot of the Left ground that **** Blair dragged them away from, but no, they insist on being spineless toothless morons with as much political clout as Binners’ manky underpants. 😐

donsimon
    Free Member
    camo16
    Free Member

Abstain.

Again.

There’s no party for me. 😥

midlifecrashes

None, all the candidates here are useless. Current incumbent here shagged her way to the job of Labour Chief Whip.

RustySpanner

No idea.

Voted Labour at the last one, partly out of habit, but mainly to keep the Tories out locally.
    Didn’t do any good.

Can’t stand any of them anymore TBH.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What Z11 said, or Monster Raving, or more likely just go down the pub instead.

jota180
    Free Member

The local candidate who I thought would represent my interests best regardless of their parliamenrtary party allegiance.

if only they were allowed a free reign to do so by their party eh?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Devolve power from Uk, hand it over to the EU. Unify Laws/Tax to Central Govt. Each country has a single representative. EU wide cohesion.
    Central Gov’t to be funded by donations only, no individual country support, funded only by business.

I need a party that fits my views.

Perhaps I ought to start one.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I have so little faith/belief in any of the Political parties that I’d struggle to make a meaningful choice (again).

But abstaining doesn’t feel right considering we live in a country where we have the privilege/ability to vote.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The local candidate who I thought would represent my interests best

See, I’d be more concerned with choosing someone who represented the interests of the whole community best, but then I’m not selfish, blinkered and insular.

kimbers

I think an election now would have a seriously low turnout

Id be tempted to vote green, even though some of their science policies make as much sense as homeopathy

binners

OI Fred! My duds are Big Hitters, I’ll have you know!!

Looking at the options, its not difficult to see why smug, fish-a-like Alex Salmond got elected. I’d say all you’d need to do to get elected anywhere at the moment is to be remotely plausable (no criminal record ‘n stuff), point at Call-me-Dave, Junior Clegg and Wallace and say, I am the box labeled ‘none of the above’ – vote for me!!

Which is a pretty sad indictment of the present state of our glorious democracy

camo16
    Free Member

But abstaining doesn’t feel right considering we live in a country where we have the privilege/ability to vote.

For me it’s either abstention or revolution. 😡

If I vote for any of the above mentioned I believe the toxic combination of shame, despair and disillusionment will make my head explode and my toes fall off.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Thats fine fred – you can vote for someone who best represents my interests as well then 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

See, I’d be more concerned with choosing someone who represented the interests of the whole community best, but then I’m not selfish, blinkered and insular.

What if your local community is made mostly of bankers and property developers? 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Same deal. Why woon’t it be?

chewkw
    Free Member

I will vote Tory maggots because I am surrounded by Labour & Lib-Dem maggots in my area.

Bloody maggots infestation everywhere … 😈

ahwiles
    Free Member

green.

i don’t want them to win, but their heart is in the right place, and my vote may help them keep their deposit.

It seems as though everyone hates the tories, but who is there that would make a better job of it?

the madness is, that you’re right, even the tory voters hate the tories for not being tory enough.

(have a look at some tory supporting blogs – it’s something i do when i want some fun and excitement in my life)

it seems Cameron, Osborne, and the others really are actually trying to be nice.

😯

thepurist

Whatever. I could vote for Bonzo the Somersaulting Dog but it makes no difference. I’m in one of the safest Tory seats in the country so whoever’s flavour of the month gets rolled in to be our MP regardless of where they come from.

druidh
    Free Member

thepurist – Member
    Whatever. I could vote for Bonzo the Somersaulting Dog but it makes no difference. I’m in one of the safest Tory seats in the country so whoever’s flavour of the month gets rolled in to be our MP regardless of where they come from.

And as long as you maintain that attitude, nothing will change. Perhaps if enough folk voted for a party that was going to lose the seat this time, then next time they might feel the gap was a bit smaller… and so on and so on. Most of the West of Scotland was “safe” Labour but that has gradually been eroded. Just don’t expect a sea change overnight. We accuse politicians of short-termism, that’s no more than you are showing here.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Probably Labour, on the grounds that in my eyes they’re the least worst. Kind of depressing that pretty much all politicians are horrible, smug, over-priviliged opportunists that should be trebucheted into the sun. I just make a list of which ones would get shot off first, then choose from lower down the list.

If it wasn’t for a) the fear my dad would rise from his grave and kick my arse and b) there are many people, particularly women, who don’t get the opportunity to vote, I’d just not bother voting.

jota180
    Free Member

Of course you’d have to decide what is in their best interests 🙂

Good job you’re not self-opinionated or owt eh?

thepurist

Don’t fret druidh – I do vote for my chosen candidate every time. If I don’t vote, I have no voice. If I do it’s still quiet, but it’s there.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Of course you’d have to decide what is in their best interests

Obviously in order to be able to make an informed decision means you need to actually have some understanding of and empathy with others in your community.

This means you’d actually have to interact with other people in your local area, something it’s clear quite a number of folk on here don’t seem to have the ability to do.

Hence why they vote Tory, probably…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah but most of my community *are* Tory. Is that who I should be voting for?

mustard
    Free Member

If you don’t feel you can vote for any of the candidates in your area you need to register that by spoiling your ballot paper.

Not bothering to go to the poling station is just lazy and most of the reasons people give for not voting in some way shape of form are feeble excuses.

You have no right to complain about whoever does get into power if you do not use your vote!

camo16
    Free Member

If you don’t feel you can vote for any of the candidates in your area you need to register that by spoiling your ballot paper.

Okay, I’m interested. What does this achieve exactly?

Not bothering to go to the poling station is just lazy

No, it’s a symptom of intense disillusionment.

jota180
    Free Member

Okay, I’m interested. What does this achieve exactly?

at the moment, probably just as much as choosing a candidate

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Roman Party. Ave!

if they were standing

binners

I wonder what would happen if everyone who is completely and utterly disillusioned (99% of the country, I’d imagine) all went and wrote ‘You’e all ****s! And this is a total sham!” on our ballet papers, whether it would make the slightest difference? I suspect they’d shrug it off and carry on doing the ‘will of the people’ regardless

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘If there was a UK general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?’ is closed to new replies.