• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how to chase behind skirting
  • DT78
    Free Member

have a sds chasing bit which is great, but with the big old skirting boards of the house I can’t get all the way behind them. tried using a long drill bit and made a right mess.

Do you have to have conduit behind skirting when run down from a socket? thinking of getting as much conduit as I can in, and pass the final bit of flex down a large drill hole, so prob the last inch or so not in conduit

maxtorque

pervert.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Safezones ?

Ah your going straight down. Got you

I’d go for manual long chisel from the top and a shop vac to remove the crap as I went along

stumpy01

When I had to get behind the skirting to do this, I used one of those vibrating multi-cutters to take the skirting off, do the work and then screw the section of skirting back in.

It needed a bit of filling, but is all but invisible now…

One of these….

neilnevill
    Free Member

No you don’t need conduit.

I’ve used long chisel and a long drill bit in the past… Neither is easy

thebees
    Free Member

When doing rewires we drill down behind the skirting using a long sds masonry bit of about 15mm. You should be able to bludgeon your way through the floorboards with it as well.

DT78
    Free Member

Ah if no conduit required it’s loads easier. I’d rather keep the skirting on as long stretches of old board with lead paint on. Lots of the spoil is getting in the way of drilling and my old dyson isn’t sucking like it used to. Maybe I’ll go pick up a cheapy Titan number from screwfix

I’m using a multi tool to cut and a chasing sds bit and it’s ridiculous fast, till I get to the skirting!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how to chase behind skirting’ is closed to new replies.