Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Happy new year! First ride of 2012?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

A muddy (for the Trans Pennine Trail section of it) 47 miles to MiL’s in Liverpool for lunch on the Tripster. Headwind too – but great fun all the same and incredibly quiet. Started to rain about 5 minutes after I got there too, so that bodes well for the rest of the year! 😉

gee
    Free Member

Great 3hrs round local trails – dry and firm. Got home then as I was washing the bike it started to rain…

Perfect!

GB

colournoise

Couple of muddy hours spent exploring the local area looking for more little bits of trail to fill some gaps in my (work in progress) 100% off-road urban trail. Found some sections that will do the job with a little trimming/spadework and some drier weather.

Also found this only 10 minutes ride from my front door (a kid at school had mentioned to me that his dad was helping to build it but didn’t let on where it was) –

– shame I’m too much of a jumping wuss to make use of most of what has been built so far!

Sight/shot of the day for me though was this carpet of crab apples with the trail cutting through them.

slainte 😀 rob

matt_outandabout

ChunkyMTB – Member

You broke your Orange Matt?
    Aye. Snapped the rocker… 🙁

clunker

Went for a early ride over Cannock Chase to burn off the hangover.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

100 mile road ride round the Chiltens today. Last 20 miles it rained, joy! 🙂

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Got out today for my traditional new years day ride. Weather was pretty good ground was pretty wet. Nice to get out though 🙂

Think the litre of cheeky Vimto was a bad idea though!

ndg
    Free Member

My first time around Long Mynd today, fancied some natural trails to begin the year rather than the usual cannock trip, and really enjoyed it, even though it hossed it down for all but the first 5mins of the ride…

Riding up through the forest from Hamerly (sp?), it looked like there was a mass of nice cheeky single track running down in the woods?

Quite entertaining watching the walks of shame as I drove through town this morning too!

Gary_C

Six of us did a very rainy, but great ride nonetheless, in Calderdale.

Didn’t see any other mtb’ers at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Rob

I know where that is. Good to see it is being rebuilt. It had a bulldozer go through it last time I was down that way, and was in pretty bad shape.

colournoise

Jamie – Member

@Rob

I know where that is. Good to see it is being rebuilt. It had a bulldozer go through it last time I was down that way, and was in pretty bad shape.

Yeah, lots of obviously fresh digging going on there and looks like a lot of effort and thought going into it.

The lad I teach who told me about it claims there’s some agreement now with whoever owns the land to allow the trail pixies to carry on building. Not sure how true that is though.

Now I know it’s there need to sort out my jumping skills or I’ll be forever stuck on the nursery slopes (middle photo)!

slainte 😆 rob

_tom_
    Free Member

Rob are you allowed to let us know where that is or is it an invite only place? It’s probably quite close to me and it looks fun 🙂

flockofffish
    Free Member

My first ride will be tomorrow. Went out today with the dogs on the cats back west of Dingwall and the mud was everywhere, so it will be off-road tomorrow with the mud tyres and hopefully i will get the chance to play and get dirty.
    Flock

Jamie
    Free Member

The lad I teach who told me about it claims there’s some agreement now with whoever owns the land to allow the trail pixies to carry on building. Not sure how true that is though.

Good to see someone has some common sense. If I remember right, it was a bit of a grey area as to who actually owned the land and the people who wrecked it had overstepped the mark.

althepal

Managed a nice wee ride in the Kilpatrick hills despite a decemt hangover..Sun shon for most of it but very windy at the trig point..

Nice view of Glasgow but completely invisible on my iPhone snap..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got out on the roadbike this afternoon.Poured down around here (West Lancs) all morning,so yesterdays plan of getting out early doors got modified.Better than last new year though, I got the dreaded turbo trainer out that time..

colournoise

_tom_ – Member
    Rob are you allowed to let us know where that is or is it an invite only place? It’s probably quite close to me and it looks fun

The info I had hinted it was in a locked area, but it isn’t and is easily visible and accessible from public paths, roads, etc. Having said that, as I’m not 100% yet about it’s ‘legality’ I won’t post publicly where it is (as AFAIK it’s the only place of its type round these parts at the moment). Email me (in profile) and I’ll send you directions.

slainte 🙂 rob

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Happy new year! First ride of 2012?’ is closed to new replies.