Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Happy new year! First ride of 2012?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

Happy new year y’all! So what’s everyone gonna do for their first new year ride? I’ll be up at 8! Possibly around the pentlands if i can find the map, or maybe a long ride down the coast. Et tu?

andytherocketeer

Hmmm, forecasts says: rain… rain… rain… 👿

Off to slide down a mountain next weekend, so 1st ride might be weekend after that. Might just say sod it and get wet later today, but not at 8am 😉

Taff
    Free Member

Short road ride tomorrow to burn off some more of the crap I’ve been eating. Big ride on Monday with the STW crowd in Winchester

xcneil
    Free Member

I’ve got a cx race @ 14.00 today cant wait, currently carb loading on party food 😕

colournoise

Hopefully a little trundle round local stuff tomorrow (actually ‘this’ I guess) morning to blow a few cobwebs off.

Nothing in any way strenuous, but there are a couple of rumoured local ‘built’ spots I want to find.

slainte 😀 rob

weeksy

out in an hour for 20mile XC ride.

carbon337
    Free Member

In bed at 10 ish last night up at 5 this morn with the 1 yr old. Off road riding with local club. Cafe and a steady 50/60 would be nice. Burn off some Xmas crap I’ve been eating

trout
    Free Member

Just back in from a 10 mile pootle with the dog
    all flat towpath stuff but real nice morning nearly frosty with the stars out
    looks like rain any minute now

Alex

cwmcarn, 2 laps, finish off the mince pies between laps 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

It’s dry, clear and 5 degrees. As I’ve not got any excuse not to I’ll get out for a trundle round the local woods in about an hour (i.e. once it’s actually light). Try and start off on the right foot as it were…

rOcKeTdOg

FoD 🙂

jp-t853

An easy ride around my local loop although it is so muddy that nothing is particularly easy at the moment. It should be nice and peaceful.

aracer
    Free Member

FoD

+1 – though I’ll be on my uni, so probably not the same trails as you (I don’t think I’m even up to Freeminers, and possibly not even Verderers)

weeksy

Beautiful out there today. Bit muddy, but superb.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

well my girlfriend was up half the night poorly, so never quite managed to get up for 8! heading soon though, yeah 🙂

last year i rode everyday for at least the first couple of weeks so it’d be nice to do something like that again, but for longer 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Will be going out for a quick spin after roast beef + yorkshire dinner 🙂

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Managed to get out for an hours ride this morning. Was up until 2.30 this morning trying to fix a leaking toilet so was a bit sluggish on the uphill bits. Good to get the first ride of the year done.

belugabob
    Free Member

12 mile loop across the South Downs at 7am this morning. The idea was to ride into the first sunrise of the year, but the mist thwarted our plans.
    Had a good ride though – very slippery, in a fun way, and nobody else out, apart from a few dog walkers.

Lovely!

rocmagnet
    Free Member

Mrs Magnet and I have just taken our 10 month twins out for the first time on their new weerides. Awesome start to the year.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Was at llandegla for 9 to ride the new b-line and have to say, they’ve done a great job on it, it’s fast, found myself absorbing the jumps to avoid getting too lofted – still overcooked one and bailed to avoid hitting the trees 🙂 the climbs were good too – makes it a much better place to go IMO, shame it was pissing down and blowing a gale

Wally

Fab 4 hour muddy ride in Epping forest – a complete hoot. Happy 2012.

pinches
    Free Member

i managed a 40k road spin this morning after 4.5hrs sleep and a selection of chocolate biscuits, got home just before it started tipping it down.

cakeeater
    Free Member

3 hours in the Pentlands this morning. Great start to 2012

p7rich
    Free Member

Just got back from filthy, cold, wet, muddy, misty c.15 mile South Downs loop. Effin grotty out there…but glad i did it. 🙂

davesmate
    Free Member

Gonna get out for a group ride tomorrow. The masses haven’t decided a location yet but a couple of laps of Ashton Court followed by a first look at the new stuff in Leigh Woods is favourite.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just another quick urban blast for me – 1 down, 365 to go 😛

Lots of folks out though – starting the New Year right!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Went out with the local club and got murdered as only the “bigger boys” came out to play.

doom_mountain

A very wet n muddy bimble round whinlatter, me and GF hid under a tree to avoid the hail stones…..priceless.

Happy new year!

lazybike
    Free Member

An enjoyable club run, we did get passed by Alex Dowsett and a couple of mates though…. 😉

Trekster

Mabie for a bit. Place was really busy. There was the annual orienteers knollbagging event, hordes of walkers and bikes 😆

forge197
    Free Member

Coed did mbr then a route up to Gomez and back in to centre, much fun but very wet 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

An easy ride along national cycle route 75 for me this afternoon.

First time out for about a month so I felt quite chuffed that I had managed to get the motivation to go out as it has been very low due to the crap weather and darkness at this time of year 🙂

Picto
    Free Member

Dragged myself round Cannock Chase this afternoon. Wetter than an otter’s pocket. Was like riding through overcooked porridge with added grit. Took a long hot bath and a large chugging whisky to revive me.

keefus
    Free Member

Hopefully will be pootling round the Purbecks with a mate of mine tomorrow……got ready for a ride twice today and it pissed it down both times. I dont have a problem if it starts raining whilst I’m out but wont go out if its already raining.

steveh

I’ve got two rides in already this year. The first started at 11pm last night and was a couple of hours xc on local trails, watching the fireworks over the city as we headed out and then back home at 1am. This afternoon I went out to Wharncliffe on the dh bike for a couple of hours of playing around.

A bit damp but both really good fun.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Edit:why do my images never work? 😐

rOcKeTdOg

first ride of 2012, a fab ride around a very quiet Forest of Dean

my mate had 3 crashes, left the trail 4 times inadvertantly and even fell over going for a pee in the woods 😀

the Forest of Dean ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

also from today

speedy by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

First ride: mudfest, very cold and wet and a busted frame 🙁

Ah well, things can only get better….
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj4wcuo9Mgo[/video]

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You broke your Orange Matt?

alfie1064
    Free Member

A fantastic start to the new year for me, 40k loop from Brecon through the Gap with some friends. Got lucky with the wind and rain as it had eased off. Happy New Year to everyone and may there be some good rides ahead!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Happy new year! First ride of 2012?’ is closed to new replies.