Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Getting out of paying for a Hotel Room…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Aranged a night away with the missus at a posh hotel last week..Booked online and non refundable.

Anyhow, the other half now says she doesn’t want to go, predominantly as she says she can barely stand the sight of me anymore….:-( So along with an impending break up I’m faced with shelling out £250 for a room I am not going to be able to use.

My question is, they obviously have my card details, but if I cancel the card can they still get the money off me?

Appreciate that this is morally dubious, but given its a huge hotel owned by a man who most on here find fairly dispicable (clue – hes American and his surname ryhmes with tw*nt) I’m not going to lose much sleep over it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can’t you just go on Adult Friend Finder and get someone else to go with you?

hammyuk
    Free Member

AFF died – Tinder or PoF.

johnners
    Free Member

You’ve entered into a contract with them, whether they’ll enforce it is your risk. Also you’re pronouncing “Hilton” wrong.

towzer

sell it on ebay – honest – have a look

I’ve used a few rooms that way.

Sui
    Free Member

she’ll come round the night after- just you wait and see and, then when you don’t go and loose all that money it will be your fault for wasting money have an argument and she wont like you. Roll on 2-3 days more and she’ll be right as rain as though the last week was all a fuzzy memory…

edit, the other options are good – old girlfreinds POF etc.. good call! or just bu88er off out on the pi55 and rock up to the hotel with a hooker and some coke.

tomhoward

Where and when?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Probably not get charged – very tricky swiping a no show booking payment card – all sorts of risk to hotel/bank etc some hotel chains don’t actually store the card details via the website as the fields are just dummy and designed to make you worry

ampthill

Do you think that the money has been pre authorized on your card? That would make it easier for them to take the money

project
    Free Member

I’m faced with shelling out £250 for a room I am not going to be able to use.

never heard of premier inn nor travelodge, then when she dumps you, you havent lost that much.

scotroutes

This is the same one for whom you’re financing a trip to SA? I’d be more keen on getting a refund for that 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Sure there are lots of STW chaps who wouldn’t mind a weekend away with you

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I reckon Scotsroutes took a run up for that kick.

While he was on the ground as well 8)

Anyway, I’ll go with you OP. Not gay, but hey, few drinks and dim the lights and whatever happens, happens.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Finally, a thread that deserves the answer ‘coke and hookers’.

jb72
    Free Member

Have you phoned the hotel to try and cancel? Nothing to lose by trying.

ourmaninthenorth

“Balls to you. I’ll go myself.”

Is the immediate answer that springs to mind. If you were prepared to pay then, and you know you may end up paying anyway, just go.

And coke and hookers, obvs.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

coke & hookers + 1, take your mind off it for a while

alternatively, call the hotel explain the situation and tell them you can’t really afford to to lose the money. if it’s far enough in advance and and you can actually speak to someone on reception (rather than a central booking) you might be surprised.

if not, see how much it would cost to change names and sell the room to a friend / colleague at a knock down rate so they can take their partner away on a romantic surprise to gain brownie points

personally i’d try those routes before cancelling cards as i’m not even sure if that would work, even if it did they could well chase you for it via outsourced debt recovery

ski
    Free Member

Just tell her that you were not planning to take her……

[edit] do they have a hot tub?

zanelad
    Free Member

I’d go by myself. In all honesty £250 is a drop in the ocean compared to what the next few months are going to cost you 😳

mattyfez

Same thing happened to me a few years back.. Just took a mate instead, gave him a free bed and we spent two days drunken sight seeing.
    Call the hotel they’ll probably change the room to one with 2 single beds rather than a double.

ski
    Free Member

Thinking about it, it could be the best £250 investment you have ever made

mrsfry
    Free Member

^^

Don’t change the room. You can have pillow fights, put on makeup and do each others hair, grab a hair brush and sing pop songs

It could be the ultimate boyz weekend

thecaptain
    Free Member

Well…

I’m not a lawyer, but I believe if you break the contract, they are obliged to try to mitigate their losses and re-let the room. If they succeed, you have no obligation to pay (though they could sue you for the inconvenience).

Good luck trying it in court though.

Flaperon

“Hi, I’ve got a reservation for [next week]. I don’t want to cancel the room but I wonder if I can change the date to something in the future?”

They’ll probably agree to that and then you can easily cancel as the booking is a long way in the future and in the accepted cancellation period.

cbike
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if it’s Donald trump or Mrs smiths B&B – read the Terms you agreed to and that is what you will have to pay.

And dump or get dumped. The lassie is a parasite taking you on a ride.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I wouldn’t count on them not storing your card details. I recently stayed at a Marriott after booking online and at no point did they actually see or check my card yet it’s been debited.

I’d give them a ring or find a Funtime friend

Sandwich

Probably not get charged – very tricky swiping a no show booking payment card – all sorts of risk to hotel/bank etc some hotel chains don’t actually store the card details via the website as the fields are just dummy and designed to make you worry

Hotels & car hire are the only two businesses that can pre-authorise money on a payment card. I would talk to them and trowel on the heartache.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Take the friend that she’s supposed to be going to SA with.

Change the SA booking to a biking holiday.

Or, as per popular advice, coke and hookers. If it’s Turdberry you’ll need them.

scandal42
    Free Member

Any biking near this hotel?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Getting out of paying for a Hotel Room…’ is closed to new replies.