Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • funny leaving presents
  • richi
    Free Member

just wondering if you have received any funny leaving presents from when you have left your job etc…..

we gave a lad a cake saying “your dead to us now” today which he was really happy with, i know we have a weird sense of humor, so you received any?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No.

rascal
    Free Member

2 weeks ago I got Go Outdoors vouchers…not very imaginative but very handy!

richi
    Free Member

we work in an environment where we do jokes on each other all the time hence the weird leaving pressy

user-removed
    Free Member

My last employer gave me a P45 😥

br
    Free Member

we gave a lad a cake saying “your dead to us now” today which he was really happy with

Probably laughing at your crap English.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Gave the worlds largest gummy bear to a haribo fiend when she left us; she’s ginger and was everso happy we’d gone for the orange one.

2.3 kilos of puke-inducing nom!

For those who fancy their jelly sweets to have more of a disturbing double intruder look there’s always the the world’s largest jelly worm…

richi
    Free Member

haha class

Pieface

A toilet seat

johndoh
    Free Member

I got a bag of toenails.

This is not a joke.

jools182
    Free Member

Never anything more than a weak handshake

The lousy bastards

bearnecessities

I’ll say it then – that’s not a jelly worm.

Drac

I’ve never left a job.

tonyg2003

A large concrete Gnome (very much associated with the company name). I was delighted!

stevestunts
    Free Member

A double intruder. The bastards told me it was the world’s largest jelly worm 🙁

RobHilton
    Free Member

The bastards told me it was the world’s largest jelly worm

How did it taste?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Like sh!t.

maccruiskeen

How did it taste?

Like sh!t.

Thats the down side with those giant gummys. They’re a weird re-make of the sweet – they’re not made in the same way as a gummy bear, they’re made from gummy bears – its another company buying gummy bears in bulk, melting them down and re-setting them. Unfortunately doing that changes the texture and flavour – they’re almost leather hard – a bit like trying to eat a skateboard wheel – and its difficult to describe the change to the taste but something about it makes your tastebuds sore.

I speak as someone who had research this to make a foot tall jellybaby for a TV show (and who now uses the mould to make huge novelty yorkshire puddings at 🙂 )

I haven’t really had many proper jobs. (i bet that doesn’t surprise anyone) The most unusual leaving gift I have from a real job though is a set of beer mats in a picture frame. Several months before I left I’d been out on a quite spectacularly boozy night out with my workmates. A fews days later our administrator was looking for something in her bag and pulled out a big bundle of beermats. On them – inexplicably – she’d minuted the whole evenings conversations in biro – writing round the border of each one – non of us, including her had any recollection of that. So now I have them framed in the downstairs loo.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I made a cake for a colleague which was in the shape of a turd, and had been spray painted in silver edible spray, and coated in edible glitter, and then with a sugarpaste bow on top!

I work in the world of project management, and the saying in that place was that we spent a lot of time polishing turds, and if you can’t polish it, roll it in glitter!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I left one job in which a colleague was a complete pain, playing the system a day to make matters worse her bf worked in the same team. I may have been a little honest about how useless I thought she was on my way out of the building just before she was due a 2nd management review (on the way to leaving but very hard to sack) she apparently announced she quit.

My leaving present dinner and much more beer than I could handle from 2 very appreciative bosses.

Pyro

A mug and a large catering pack of teabags with a note saying “that should do you a couple of weeks” at one old job. Apparently, until I arrived, they’d never done tea breaks or ’rounds’ as such. I thinking converted the whole lab team into raving tea addicts.

CountZero

Only long-term job I actually left, after eighteen years, I was given an envelope with £100 in cash! next job, I was made redundant after fifteen years. 🙁

wingnuts

People always try to give cycling related presentsn and they are always crap cause they think halfords is a bike shop.

I gave the boss a present once when I was leaving. He was always complaining about the photo copier so I made a fake one and invited him to use it. Under the lid was a supply of doughnuts and when he switched it on it exploded a load of party poppers. Made him jump. Not far enough to hurt himself unfortunately.

slowjo
    Free Member

I got a £2 pen from one job. Hadn’t been there long, hated everyone, I think they were glad to see me go so they could return to their mundane existences. I didn’t fit….kept asking ‘why’ and ‘if this is a better way to do it, why don’t we do that….?’

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘funny leaving presents’ is closed to new replies.