Home Forums Chat Forum Ed Oxley , The Chop

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Ed Oxley , The Chop
  • CheesybeanZ

Sorry if its been done already .

nealglover
    Free Member

Hipflask and power tools.

Too man 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

A strange looking fella making a strange type of mtb video??

Got boring very quickly sorry.

robdob
    Free Member

Errr is it just me it was that just a bit rubbish?

And why do all videos nowadays have this crap wet-the-bed type music on them nowadays?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Errr is it just me it was that just a bit rubbish?

I’m sure it’s not just you since we all have our own tastes and opinions, but for the record I thought it was highly refreshing change from the usual and definitely entertaining. I hope to see some more like it. Bravo Ed 😀

kayak23

Unbeknownst to me, I named my video production company very similar to his. I saw this the other day and thought they’d copied me, but then realised I named mine after them.
    (Black Tea, One Sugar productions…..incidentally)

Unusual video. Liked seeing the workshop stuff. All good.

xiphon
    Free Member

Hmmm its a bit different.

Not quite sure what the point of the video was…. (it was a promo vid – just not sure what its promoting?)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

he looked a bit unstable on that inbred I thought…

the_lecht_rocks

Sorry, crap.

Metasequoia

Always surprises me how quick people are to just say things are ‘rubbish’ rather offer a critique…

jonnyx
    Free Member

Right up my alley , loved it.

Drac

First few minutes thought it was all a bit cliche and wondered what had happened to Edd, then it got all weird and dark. Liked it.

And why do all videos nowadays have this crap wet-the-bed type music on them nowadays?

Well in this case as it’s a parody of them would be my guess.

alexpalacefan

Could have been worse,

Ed Oxley, The Snip!

APF

jaymoid

Thoroughly enjoyable and beautifully filmed. The bit at the end was well special.

If he looked unstable, I’m a lost cause.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

That was all right that was.

jaymoid

alexpalacefan – Member

Could have been worse,
    Ed Oxley, The Snip!

Well first there was Mo-vember, then Stop-tober, I just hope no-one invents Diss-member.

rOcKeTdOg

I liked the deliberately rusty bike

alexpalacefan

Diss-member 🙂

APF

chrisdw
    Free Member

Not for me.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll bet you £7 that he will present a segment on The Cycle Show within a year.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Was ace. A refreshing change. Eds a bit like ginger beer with a shot bourbon.

LoCo
    Free Member

Really disappointed it didn’t have any Slowmo water dripping off a leaf, speeded up mist moving through trees or tyre marks in the mud with a trendy filter 😉
    Other than that yeah it was pretty good

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I don’t geddit?

Or is that the point?

piemonster
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s a nice fella

But no.

robdob
    Free Member

Always surprises me how quick people are to just say things are ‘rubbish’ rather offer a critique…

Ok, if that’s what you want!

What sort of video was it? If it’s a lifestyle one with the motorbike stuff it was a bit lame. Didn’t really say too much and I lost interest. Not really his forte I thought – might have been nice if the motorbike bit was half the length as it didn’t hold attention for me.
    I know he must be a good rider as he teaches others but the riding bits seemed to make riding in Calderdale look a bit tame, which they aren’t at all. Most seemed to be in the same bit of woods – admittedly there is a lot of that sort of thing round there but it could have been better IMHO.
    I have no idea why the bit at the end was there, really jarred with me. A good idea which might have been better spread over the whole video – a slasher theme mixed with riding would be interesting!

And the music – is this really what people listen to nowadays? I know it’s probably not my thing but all videos tend to have a similar sort of music to this now. C’mon! Use a bit of imagination!

jeffm
    Free Member

Soz Ed, not my thing. Each to his own.

andymc06
    Free Member

Should have been titled “The Vain Vagrant”.

Self obsessed rubbish imo

samcamsdad

Got a good reception when shown at Kendal mountain film festival last Friday.
    The chop had my attention more, than not bad which was shown next. Only so many tailwhip bar spins I can take in half an hour!
    Good to see something different from a bike film.

Drac

If it’s a lifestyle one with the motorbike stuff it was a bit lame.

It wasn’t. That was the parody part of other films, I’m not sure there was a story behind it other than a brief insight into Edd’s life then it went very surreal. I liked the end made it far more interesting than a lifestyle video, it got all a bit Royston Vasey.

I enjoyed the riding sections although brief it reminded how much is to be had in Calderdale area.

banks
    Free Member

Not a fan either, a crap advert for OO and an intro into some bizarre cult. Shame cos everything else he does is mint but you can’t please everyone.

akira

Quite liked it, mostly because there were no whips in it. There was an axe though….

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I didn’t understand it, and for that reason I liked it.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Very self indulgent but watchable all the same.

bigjim

very good!

tinman66
    Free Member

For what it’s worth I liked it.

Way more interesting than 99.9% of mountain bike ‘films’ with a load of dudes talking in made up words like gnarly and loamy and other such rubbish. Can’t stand bike vids these days they’re all the same. Dull.

miketually
    Free Member

I want a rusty bike now.

yossarian
    Free Member

I watched it all the way through which is unusual for me as I get bored very easily.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Loved it, hope to see more please Mr O.
    Different. Normal person, but good, riding. Funny. Great.

rickmeister

Could have been worse:

Ed Oxley: Lets Rip

Could go in many different directions with that one…

maxtorque

i LIKED it! /ouirish

I also liked seeing him skittle around on that hardtail on wet slippy rocks, reminds me of my own sketchy riding style!

10/10 from me 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Ed Oxley , The Chop’ is closed to new replies.