Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY tubeless tyre inflators
  • jonba
    Free Member

Can’t do some tyre and rim combos with my track pump. CO2 works but seems to cause premature drying of the sealant.

I had a go at the bottle method but it makes me a bit nervous. It all seems a bit fragile to be pumping up to 50 or 60 PSI

Has anyone ever had any luck with a garden sprayer? They come with an inbuild pump so I presume you would just have to adapt the hoze to fit onto a valve? Do they get to a high enough pressure before the safety valve kicks in?

Also I figure a 5L sprayer would be more effective than a 2L bottle for larger tyres (29ers) or at lower pressures since this is working on Boyle’s law.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yup,

Garden sprayer works fine,I use a 2ltr for 26in tyres. I put an extra valve in place of the safety valve- motorbike valves are best.2 valves, one for in (it is just quicker with a track pump, and you get a meter) one for out with a hose and clip to go to the wheel.

Will go and take a picture in a bit .

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yep.
    5 litre garden sprayer here. Very effective.
    Simply cut off the nozzle and replace it with the valve connector from your trackpump. Kinking the outlet hose over and securing it with a clip has been fine to allow sufficient volume and pressure to be built up.
    Undo the clip, unkink the hose, and the tyre seats immediately. 😀

dantsw13

Yes, I have. 5l sprayer for just this. Basically, I removed everything downstream of the trigger, and replaced it with a short length of track pump hose, which fits snugly over a Prest valve. I find I need to remov the valve for to get enough flow rate to seat tyres.

eviljoe
    Free Member

There you go!Bulldog clip on hose just out of shot

jonba
    Free Member

Trip to garden centre required then. Thanks,

jonba
    Free Member

Done and it works. Much better than faffing with a track pump or CO2. Modified it after the trigger so it now ends with a presta valve (no core. Also allows me to pump it up with a track pump so I can see what the pressure is. Bit of tube to connect to a tyre.

Safety valve cut in at 40psi so I “modded it” 😳 with a washer so it goes to 50psi. What pressure do you take your’s to.

parkesie
    Free Member

Fire extinguisher.

eviljoe
    Free Member

My safety valve is full of hot glue 🙂

Pump up to 80 psi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY tubeless tyre inflators’ is closed to new replies.