Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • Tiger6791

I was 147lbs on Friday. This morning I am 150lb, and have to get down to 146lb in 5 days.

This could work out well, if you gain weight by using ‘Jamies’ as a unit of mass I lose weight without having to do anything.

Eat on!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@gerti I was shitting bricks for days after eating red meat for the first time in 6 weeks. apologies but that is the best analogy. don’t miss it at all

marcgear
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>GCSE Physics init’ Weightloss isn’t just pee & poo & sweat… all that heat and power your creating during exercise is made by using stored energy and that stored energy has mass, once those Watts have moved the turbo and turned friction into noise and heat and the exothermic heat has left the body and heated the surrounding it ain’t coming back in. So you’ll have less mass.</span>

That isn’t how physics works.  Your body hasn’t transformed matter into energy, that’s nuclear fission and your body can’t do that.  Moving your body creates heat and motion from the energy released in the chemical reaction that takes place in your muscles, breaking down simple sugars into other compounds.  You lose weight by your body expelling those by-products through your lungs, and some though sweat and urine.

You literally breathe out the weight.  That’s why if you weigh yourself before you go to bed and again in the morning you’ve lost weight.

wiggles
    Free Member

I seem to be getting used to not eating much now…

Far less craving for crappy stuff in the evening and the weight is slowly going down might be half way to my target Friday if I’m good until then.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

came back to work this morning after a day off looking after my sick lad. Went to put my cucumber salad in the work fridge “oh we saved you some carrot cake”. Bastards.

Tiger6791

Vegetable based cake is okay. 1 of your 5 a day I reckon 🙂

It’s that chocolate stuff that you need to avoid, kick on…

gerti
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>I was shitting bricks for days after eating red meat for the first time in 6 weeks. apologies but that is the best analogy. don’t miss it at all</span>

Yup…

Wally

whoops, put on 6lbs in three days.

Jamie
    Free Member

Eating some choc digestives.

Oops.

jonnyboi

Still stuck at the same weight, but just done a ftp test and I’ve gone up by 40w, so I’m claiming muscle!

Tiger6791

Rob – If you’re feeling excel ninja-ish and bored at work I think we need more graphs and stats.

These featherweights that have done 110% but only had 250grams to lose are taking all the glory and demotivating the proper fatties.

Total loss (individual)

Weeks biggest loser

Total combined loss and calories equivalent

Jamie
    Free Member

I agree with Tiger. Rob is slacking and needs to pull his fingers out.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Work?? Haven’t worked for ages! But funnily enough have been doing lots of martial arts training :).

Now you’ve given me a task I’ll get on with it 😀

Anyone got any more suggestions while I’m at it?

RobHilton
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444;”>I agree with Tiger. Rob is slacking and needs to pull his fingers out.</span>

RobHilton
    Free Member

Balls! Can’t even post an hilarious image

Tiger6791

errmmmm

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Anyone got any more suggestions while I’m at it?</span>

Total packs of lard melted

How many ‘Jamies’ have we burnt

RobHilton
    Free Member

Done.

Look on my works, ye chubblies, and despair 😛

scaled
    Free Member

we’ve burned 1.4 Jamies. Get in there lads

grenosteve
    Free Member

Like! 🙂

Tiger6791

🙂 Nice. 821,000 calories!!

(Don’t understand the Jamie quotient though)

RobHilton
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444;”>(Don’t understand the Jamie quotient though)</span>

“The Jamie” is the new currency of Chubbliness

You are currently (and always) worth 1 of yourself

You are currently 1.37 Original Jamies (his worth at the beginning)

You are currently 1.40 Current Jamies (his current worth)

Warning: The value of your investment may go up as well as down.

Warning: If you invest in this silliness you may lose some, or all of the chubbliness you invest.

Tiger6791

Oh and I think SchrickVR6’s data is squewing stuff as he has not start weight…

Tiger6791

I would edit that but can’t :-\

RobHilton
    Free Member

I see what you mean – will message him…

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess the fact I am a currency will explain my current rate of deflation.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Now that <span style=”color: #444444;”>SchrickVR6’s data is sorted out and I *ahem* fixed a few development errors, things are looking much more healthy! Before you know it we’ll be swimming in Jamies :).</span>

Jamie
    Free Member

I need to lose 2lbs to hit my target for this week. Sleeping in a sweat suit

Tiger6791

Pah!!!

Gone up a touch! (0.5lbs) This week has been a right Yo-Yo week…

Oh well, always next week, all still going in the right direction

rhinofive

third consecutive identical weight loss for me; it would seem I de-lard like I ride #Slow&Steady

PhilO
    Free Member

Back on track… Well, that’s a relief. 😉

Now to keep the good work up.

burko73

I’ve just had two consecutive colds/ flu. Kept me off the booze but been comfort eating a bit and off the swimming! Judgement awaits.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

no loss for me this week. I’m relieved it didn’t go up actually, due to the aforementioned cinnamon buns. (plus those chips on Wednesday)

still on target and heading in the right direction. all good

theotherjonv

1/2lb off – miracle as I have been away with work eating out 2 nights on the trot. Salvaged by a ‘quiet’ day yesterday and bootcamp in the evening. But, not complaining.

2.5lb loss for the month which I suppose is OK, but only 25% of the way to target so i need to up my game in the next month….. still only 1lb a week but current trend makes that still a bit of a stretch. I’m hoping at some point the renewed exercise (been injured, again) will bully the metabolism into action and I’ll have a 3lb week and get ahead of the game.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Another pretty poor week for me.  Still, nearly 2kg down from my xmas weight, so that’s something.

Off to Sufferlandria later to punish myself!

gerti
    Free Member

– 0.5 lb again #teamtortoise

Seems like a rubbish loss but I’ve consistently gone the right way and thanks to Rob’s excel-lent skills, I noticed this morning that I’ve actually lost 25% of my target, so really pretty chuffed with that! Hoping to still make my target at the end of March as exercise increases over the next month.

On 1700kcals a day with a couple of off plan days a week, so it’s really not that difficult if you’re happy to take it slooooooow.

midlifecrashes

Well after a couple of weeks off recording, I’m back on board. Dead battery on the scales followed by weeks of illness so weight wasn’t my priority. 205lbs from a start of 210.

Been suffering with stress a lot, and checked my BP the other day, way high again, 170/105 so got the GP to rejig my meds, starting yesterday. Last night about 10 I felt like a fog had lifted, weird but all my symptoms just dropped away over about two hours, BP 137/88 and I feel human again for the first time in about 10 months.

Trying to drop the bread, pasta and spuds from the diet, and up the green leafy stuff when I can. If I can get the car tyres sorted while there’s a bit of daylight left I may even ride my bike.

grum
    Free Member

Pretty much back up to where I started after a week of being a bit stressed and eating way too much bread. :-/

Hey ho, onwards and upwards – time to get back on it.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve lost over 1/10th of my IT apprentice, pretty happy with that.

The battle is real in our house at the moment, Mrs S went shopping yesterday and, from the looks of the fridge, plans on us just eating dessert for the next week.

She also made a huge batch of fudge, my weight loss goals are not aligned with her baby growing needs.

RobHilton
    Free Member

3 pounds down for for me – seems at bit much when I was expecting to lose a pound a week. Still, only a couple more to go and then the real hard work of maintaining skinniness begins.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

excellent email Rob, cheers for the data!

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.