Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Biggles
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Chocks away! What?

Harry_the_Spider

Was Algy his tail gunner?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was just a rumour.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Algy had an overheating barrel after 30 solid minutes of tailgunning.

Poor bugger used to quench it in a barrel. I beleieve it was yellow and blue in the end – case hardened.

aP
    Free Member

It was amazing how he didn’t appear to age at all between being in the Royal Flying Corps in 1917, the inter war years, the 2nd World War, the Burma conflict, before finally ending up in the Air Minstry Police…
    Anyway – how about Worrals?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

And Gimlet.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i think i had all the biggles books – they were great. they ended up being donated to the school library 8)

Moses

My grandfather was in the RFC and was the librarian in the real squadron in which WC Johns put Biggles (617 th ?) He was given signed copies of all the early novels as they came out, up until the end of the war.
    They were all nicked, of course.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

😐

mcmoonter
    Free Member

He wrote many of the Biggles books in Scotland while staying at Pitchroy Lodge on the Ballindalloch estate on Speyside.

http://www.ballindallochcastle.co.uk/speyside/biggles.cfm

epicyclo

Some amazingly racist stuff in Biggles. Don’t know if they are censoring out of the later editions.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Indeed. Fans will also recall that while Biggles didn’t seem to drink, he smoked approx 5,000 cigs a day. I blame him for my hopeless addiction to tobacco.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Ernie!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s reassuring that this is the kind of shite flash likes. I’d expect nothing less.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Biggles’ is closed to new replies.