Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Best ladies wellies
  • gavinpearce
    Free Member

(Had to double check the spelling). My wife says she wants a new pair for Christmas but not Hunters. Anyone have recommendations?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Steel toecap, steel reinforced sole. BOMBPROOF!

gavinpearce
    Free Member

🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Goodyear pathfinder. About £50 not fashionable but last longer than hunters ( not hard ) and any of the more expensive ones mrs ob has tried so far.

She has horses so uses them a lot , the good year
    Ones last about a year

rickon
    Free Member

Aigle Parcours.

No contest.

By a long way the best wellington boot you can buy. A lot of horse riders in Fife/Scottish Borders use them, I bought my missus a pair – and she does a lot of walking, at least 10 miles every day. She wore them non-stop for two years, in mud, snow, wet… and they still look and feel like new.

They have a proper sole, and a very nice cushioned insole.

She’s right to ignore Hunter, they’re overpriced gash.

Welly Link on Amazon

You can buy a cheaper model, which isn’t quite a good – but still brilliant at ~£50.

Cheaper Aigles.

But seriously, treat her.

Check whether you want the wintery ones, or the more summer/spring/autumn ones. I think the ISO ones are the ones with a lining which keeps you very warm and cosy.

Ricks

Esme
    Free Member
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

She wore them non-stop for two years, in mud, snow, wet..

EH! Where do you live, Alaska?

See, we were spoiled with the Pit wellies. Got them for free from either my Uncle who was a miner or a mate who was a storeman. Wore them for trials riding for 15 years.

Maggie didn’t close the pits, it was the stuff that went missing that did it!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For winter, Le Chameau Vierzonord.

Those Parcours look very good, though.

However, get ones that fit her properly. Calf size matters, etc. Also, avoid zips. British mud, boots and zips don’t mix well.

CraigW
    Free Member

Grubs Boots. https://www.grubswarehouse.com/
    Look at something like the Grubs Snowline 8.5 if you want very warm winter boots.

rickon
    Free Member

Scotland. It’s winter 90% of the time here, the rest of the time it’s raining.

dantsw13

What are they for? If it’s dogwalking, try leather country boots. My Toggi Canyons are being replaced this xmas as the sole has worn through. Daily walking in all weather, mud, puddles, rivers, sea…… Goretex lined, very warm & extremely comfortable. £107 for my replacements, the toggi Quebec.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Scotland. It’s winter 90% of the time here, the rest of the time it’s raining.

Ahhh, I see.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Aigle Parcours,! I buy my wife a pair every other Christmas. They are worn for at least four hours everyday, in all weathers, put up with aggressive condition (horse piss), I’m told super comfy, good to walk miles in etc.. Though expensive outlay, by far cheaper in the long run.

Cougar

I never knew that the denizens of STW were such old romantics.

CountZero

Muck Boots ftw. Proper boots that have neoprene as part of the construction, and only need a hose off every now and then, but don’t look quite so good while wandering round posh shops in Bath, Cirencester and Cheltenham, or perusing the trade stands at Badminton…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Consider weight. Some cheaper flash ones are weighty. Also leg shape. Ernie Wise legs don’t suit some wellies. Be careful here comparing women’s leg shapes!

kayak23

Le Chameau are really nice..
    I bought some for me birds birthday last… She loves them. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does she want to walk in them , use them , splash around in them or ponce around in the paved streets in them..
    We need some scope of useage Man.. ta..

If she’s into using them as wellies in the grime and keep her feet warm, then no question these.. we’ve been using them on the farm for years and no one has ever complained about them, in fact no one comments apart from “can I leave these here, put the kettle on” ?

You can keep your poncy French Branded nonsense for some god awful ski resort in the “alps” darlink..

CountZero

Wot bikebuoy sez. Mine live in the car boot, I never know when I’ll need them, like at Greenman earlier this year when the weather turned wet, so I walked back to the car, and was able to spend the day with dry feet.
    I must hose the mud off sometime…
    Oh, and I got mine several years ago after someone here recommended them, may have been bikebuoy, and I consider them the best £75 I’ve ever spent on footwear, I wouldn’t be without them, and I regularly walk five or six miles, sometimes up to nine or ten.

chestrockwell

I got my Mrs some Le Chameau after her Hunters split (went down hill after being bought out by someone from the Middle East allegedly) and she thought they were ace.

She then returned the favour after I smashed through various other lower quality boot. I have to say they are superb. Warm, comfortable and hard wearing. Most definitely recommend.

Scapegoat

Aigle are edging Le Chameau on quality, since Le Cham started making theirs in China. Also look at Arxxus, Toggi. Be aware a good Welly needs to fit snug at the ankle, and vary in calf sizes. Crucial is a decent supportive footbed and sole. It’s the reason why expensive boots cost more, but can be worn all day. Aigle vario have a gusset top so are more forgiving in fit. Neoprene lining for warmth, in varying thickness. Toggi wanderers or whatever the lady equivalent is, are a good value boot and look smart, but tend to be heavier than the premium brands. Try them on. Preferably with a decent pair of knee-high socks/stockings.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Aigle Parcour Vario here, because lifes too short for shit wellies if you spend alot of time in places where you need them.

BFITH
    Free Member

Why all the Hunter-hating?

I’ve had mine 32 years and apart from looking not-quite-so-shiny they still perform as they did when I bought them. i.e they’re comfy and keep water out.

😀

russyh
    Free Member

Wife wants a pair of Dubarry Galway boots for Christmas. Goodness gracious me they were/are expensive things for walking the dog in! I better be paid in all sorts of kinky kind!

russyh
    Free Member

Why all the Hunter-hating?

Probably the same reason we had a thread about ‘trail cars’ and IT professionals on Santa Cruzs!?

LeeW

Quite sure that Hunter wellyboots from 32 years ago are completely different to the ones you buy today. Which are np where near as good.

alanf
    Free Member

Neoprene lined from Decalthon – Solognac?.
    Lasted much longer than my mates muck boots, that fell apart. In fact I’m on the same pair and he has needed 2 pairs in that time.
    He’s now ditched them for Dunlop £10 jobs and rates them much better.

Houns

Hunter are chav

As a above Aigle neoprene jobbies for me, have had the, 7 years now and still going strong. I think I may get a pair of those muck boots for forestry type work I do for the NT

franksinatra

I have aigle boots that are used most days for dog walking including super long walks at weekend’s Three years old and good as new. Super comfy, warm and excellent grip.

You might need a boot jack though as they are rightly snug on the heel and don’t have a little step on the outside to stand on to help get them off.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

My ex is still loving her Muck boots 6 years on.

Mine however fell apart after 3 years and had the most slippery soles I’ve ever experienced. I wouldn’t buy them again. Don’t know what to buy really.

ahsat

Clearly they don’t, as the ONLY boots every lady wears in Alaska are XtraTufs

Note: I’m not one of the ladies in that photo.

However, I have lived in mine for weeks at a time, and they are still going strong. In the absence of getting them in the UK, I’d say Muc boots, which is what I’ll get when my ASK boots die.

dantsw13

Hunter changed from a proper Outdoor Welly to a Chinese made fashion item about 10 years ago. Your 32 yr old ones will probably outlast any bought now.

Bunnyhop

russyh – dubarry boots will last many years if you look after them.
    Had mine a good few years now. Used them in all weathers, even gone out in -7 with thin tights on and was fine. They’re gortex lined, waterproof in rain (maybe wouldn’t go crossing rivers in them on a regular basis) and are all terrain. Comfortable enough to send many hours in.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My Le Chameau have just died (split) after 5 years of use every school day – I’m not sure if I think that’s OK or not.

Anyway, went into our local shop and the lady was pushing the Aigle Parcour very hard. I tried them on but to get the right length in the foot meant they were too loose on the ankle – to get the right fit around the foot meant they were too short.
    I also think they didn’t look as good and the fit around the calf wasn’t as snug.

I’ll probably get another pair of camels in January.

Edit: There again I may try some Muck Boots 🙂

Leigh
    Free Member

My wife is using Le Chameau’s now.
    Current pair is 18 months old and still going strong where the neoprene hunters were only lasting about 8-10 months

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I love my Parcours but a friend of mine has Mucboots and they’re so light in comparison. She’s in them probably 3-4 months of the year in the worst of weathers and swears by them. They last her well over 3 years each and she in he’s on her 4th pair.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Another vote for Le Chameau.

My other half has tried most of the cheaper options and would kill every pair within 12 months wearing them every day for horsey stuff, better vfm to buy Le Chameaus.

london_lady
    Free Member

My Bogs have lasted well and were very warm even when standing miserably in wet muddy fields for hours on end commissairing cx races

http://www.bogsfootwear.co.uk/shop/styles/womensShoes/viewAll&subCategoryUrl=womens-boots-slip-on-shoes/page-1.html

chestrockwell

Aigle are edging Le Chameau on quality, since Le Cham started making theirs in China.

Only had mine a couple of months and they were not made in China.

chestrockwell

On the Dubarrys, my wife wanted these before the posh wellies. Lovely boot and still look like new but you defo pay for it. Reckon they’d survive a nuclear strike though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Best ladies wellies’ is closed to new replies.