Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Asymmetric Drivetrain …?
  • nordofjura
    Free Member

Hi,
    this could be my next frame: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1413835557/fastforward-enduro-mountain-bike-hard-tail-by-last
    It has everything I want from a frame and, unfortunately, a little bit more. Besides I’d need to buy a new crank with boost standard, the frame is designed around an asymmetric drivetrain. That means if I want to transfer my wheels (pro2 evo on stans crest), I’d have to move the hub 6 mm to the side. They say it should be easily doable with “most” wheels. I have no experience in wheel building. What do you think? Easy or just a hassle?
    Thanks!

honourablegeorge

My old Specialized Demo had a 6mm drive side dish, when I bought new wheels I had my LBS redish them for me Took him about ten minutes.

legend
    Free Member

Likewise, my old Giant DH Team was offset. Add the necessary no of spacers to one side of the wheel when building (so it’s in the middle of the stand, and then dishing tool) and build as normal

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

Shit. They’ve given brilliant detail there. And I really like that frame

And the price is good. And a free t-shirt. And….and…dammit…

scotroutes

Colour me confused. I thought the chainline on a Boost crank was 3mm wider. That being the case, wouldn’t you just need a 3mm offset on the rear wheel?

nordofjura
    Free Member

Thanks guys! Very helpful.
    So that shouldn’t be a problem.

@scotroutes
    : they say it’s for a chainline of 52 mm which should support up to 30 teeth sprockets. If you need more teeth an even bigger chainline is needed. So maybe they assume that 30 isn’t enough anyway …

scotroutes

The XT Boost crankset comes with 36T as an option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Asymmetric Drivetrain …?’ is closed to new replies.