Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • 'Allo 'Allo
  • jekkyl

Zee bedknobs arrre flashing!

jekkyl

It is I, leclair!

stewartc
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago I had the strange experience of trying to explain Allo Allo to a French women, its harder to do than you think but I was helped by a Polish colleague who seemed to know about it.

gonzy
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stewpeed woomern…

cookeaa

jekkyl

Oh Reneeeee!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Gruber and his little tank

convert

Don’t. I thought I had washed my mind of memories of this god awful pish that marred Sunday evenings for a generation and now I’ve have opened this and it’s all come flooding back.

Has to be up there with Mrs Brown’s boys and anything with Miranda Hart in it as the least amusing telly made (and Benny Hill).

codybrennan
    Free Member

I thought just the same as you when it was on too, Convert: couldn’t wait to change channels, absolutely bloody hated it.

But I saw (by chance) a couple of rerun episodes last year (cousin is a huge fan) and it was actually very, very funny. I didn’t get the fact that it was a farce back then; I do now. I was very surprised.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Maria always had me standing to attention too 🙂

theotherjonv

jekkyl

All Allo Allo haters are banned from this thread, by order of Herr Flick of the gestapo.

Clobber
    Free Member

a Polish colleague who seemed to know about it.

Funny you should say that, my Bulgarian friend knows all the episodes inside out… must be popular over there…

bombjack
    Free Member

All Allo Allo haters are banned from this thread, by order of Herr Flick of the gestapo

THIS.
    So un PC, so 80’s camp, so, so funny.
    Mrs Browns / Miranda would love to be this good.
    I’m off to find the wet celery.

DickBarton

Awesome comedy…very cleverly done.

flip
    Free Member

Klop!

convert

Awesome comedy…very cleverly done.

Mrs Browns / Miranda would love to be this good.

Really? Clearly I must be missing something. It was written by the same folk behind Dad’s Army, Are you Being Served, Hi-Di-Hi, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Grace and Favour so if it was so clever, do you perceive this other pish as clever too or did they save it all up for Allo Allo? God it was dull.

ransos
    Free Member

Really? Clearly I must be missing something.

1. Yes.
    2. A sense of humour?

hora
    Free Member

Growing up my favourite was the British agent/French Policeman 😀

convert

A sense of humour?

🙂 whatever you say! I bet you have a ‘you don’t have to be mad to work here but it helps’ sign up at work too and a penchant for a ‘comedy’ tie, you jester you!

p.s. did you find their other stuff funny too?

hatter

At work one of my regular contacts is called Rene Gruber so he’s doubly funny for someone that grew up watching Allo Alilo.

Sometimes I have to almost physically stop myself going ‘Aaaaawwwww Reneeeeee’ when I answer the phone or asking after his little tank.

nealglover
    Free Member

Really? Clearly I must be missing something. It was written by the same folk behind Dad’s Army, Are you Being Served, Hi-Di-Hi, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Grace and Favour

So the fact that the same people also made all those other massively successful programs that millions of people watched every week, means that they must be shit ?

I don’t understand your point 🙂

cliffyc
    Free Member

All very silly but the Spy/policeman always made me smile as a young lad. “I have disgeezed maseelf as a poloceman so I am oble to move aboot with complat frodom”…..

convert

I don’t understand your point

My point is that millions of people have a much worse sense of humour than mine 😀

ransos
    Free Member

whatever you say! I bet you have a ‘you don’t have to be mad to work here but it helps’ sign up at work too and a penchant for a ‘comedy’ tie, you jester you!

p.s. did you find their other stuff funny too?

Ooooh, get you! You’re welcome to be a po-faced miserablist. I’ll join the millions of people who enjoyed gentle, well-written farce.

slowoldman

Convert, are you saying Dad’s Army was pish?

theotherjonv

are you saying Dad’s Army was pish?

if he is, then we’re all doomed, i tell you.

convert

Hell yes!

Awful, awful, awful!

I’m getting a feeling a thread titled ‘Allo, Allo’ is not where I’m going to find many like minded folk, so I’m going to leave you good people to guffaw at the the fallen madonna with the big boobies and other similar hilarity.

ollybus
    Free Member

Love this thread! So many happy memories!
    Did Gordon Kaye not get badly hurt, then returned to the show playing Rene’s brother? Oh, the flashing knobs!!! 😆

grizedaleforest

Did Gordon Kaye not get badly hurt

I think a tree branch went into his forehead when he was driving during a storm. You could clearly see the scar afterwards.

slowoldman

Are you Being Served, Hi-Di-Hi, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Grace and Favour may well be varying degrees of pish but not Allo Allo and definitely not Dad’s Army.

For real pish, see Mrs Brown’s Boys and Miranda.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘'Allo 'Allo’ is closed to new replies.