Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Albums you own but wished you didn't…
  • DezB
    Free Member

But there’s Timmy Mallett, Betty Boo, Sting and MC Hammer, Phil Collins, Elton John and Tina Turner. 😆

the-muffin-man

I may have to re-visit Bridge of Spies – there seems to be a lot of love for it! It’s been a while since it was in the CD player.

DezB
    Free Member

You mean… this whole thread was started under false pretenses?? I’m disgusted.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I still own this, I have very few Albums left but this, this I can’t seem to get ride of.. And I bloody hate it. 😐

Northwind

D’you know… I don’t think I own any albums I don’t like. But I’m a bit conflicted about the Lady Gaga one.

Mrs Toast – Member

Good lord, Dog Eat Dog! I remember seeing them on Noisy Mothers (Who’s the King?, I think it was)

Always on a roof, for some reason.

DezB
    Free Member

And I bloody hate it.

Send it to me, I’ll smash it to tiny pieces for you.

RustySpanner

I bought four Kings of Leon albums before I realized that the only song I like is ‘The Bucket’.

My mate gave me this when I was 17:

He reckoned it was the worst album he’d ever heard.
    I’m 45 now and still not played it yet.
    Really must get around to trying it one of these days.

Oh, and T’Pau – awesome.

toby1

maxtorque, Ooh, I have that Spice Girls album, too – I was a present from a girlfeinds parents for Christmas and I was too polite to sling it back at them!

I have a real catalogue of crap by the way the CTD was just one that sprang to mind!

RustySpanner

bikebouy – Member

I still own this, I have very few Albums left but this, this I can’t seem to get ride of.. And I bloody hate it.

You have no sense of humour. 😀

I hated it too until I went on holiday by mistake with three nurses from Doncaster.
    Four of us in a Metro for a week and only one cassette in the car.
    Guess what it was. 🙂

Resistance is futile.

nostoc
    Free Member

Glad that I own it, but I wish I could eject Trout Mask Replica from my car stereo where it has been stuck for several years

DezB
    Free Member

He reckoned it was the worst album he’d ever heard.
    I’m 45 now and still not played it yet.

Just checked them on Youtube http://youtu.be/ujl7OrfUAEM

They just sound like they can’t be arsed, which has a certain charm in itself.
    I’d certainly rather listen to that than Meatloaf. Or T’Pau.

RustySpanner

Yeah, but you’re a snob.
    😀

nostoc – Member

Glad that I own it, but I wish I could eject Trout Mask Replica from my car stereo where it has been stuck for several years

Right.
    I DEMAND to know what you had taken to make you think that TMR would be the perfect accompaniment for a pleasant drive out?

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yes. I forgot 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think ive a savage garden album somewhere, I went through a phase of buying loads of secondhand albums, some unexpected gems, a lot of utter crap.

johndoh
    Free Member

There are some I like less than others, but none I wished I didn’t own. I’ll never give any of them up (250+ vinyl and 300+ CDs) as they help plot my musical journey.

Started with ‘Axe Attack’ (a metal compilation album) and my last purchase was probably Black Sabbath 13 (via The Bangles, Simple Minds, Sex Pistols, Simon & Garfunkel, Pulp, The Beatles, Rondo Veneziano, Nigel Kennedy, Jamiroquai etc etc etc…. So a bit of a roundabout way of staying a metalhead. 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

Ha, one of my favourite albums, I used to have to stop myself playing it too much as I feared I’d get too used to it and it could become just another album.

BFITH
    Free Member

I’m ashamed to admit this……. 😕

RustySpanner

Pfftt, ‘Would I Lie To You?’ is a stone cold classic.
    It’s nowhere near as good as ‘It’s Raining Men’ of course, but what is?

BFITH
    Free Member

‘Would I Lie To You?’ is a stone cold classic

I tend to agree 😯 ….I bought the album expecting more of the same….very disappointing

grievoustim
    Free Member

I agree – would I lie to you is a fantastic track

1 hit wonders – hmmmm there iis a thread in there I think

I few years ago Uncut magazine started an amazzing one hit wonders spotify playlist

alanf
    Free Member

Love Hate blackout in the red room is Quality so should be scrubbed from this listing.
    A genuine contender would be Warrant – Cherry Pie. Genuine bile…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think the most disappointing albums I own were Metallica’s Load and Reload. In terms of embarrassment, I owned Kylie’s first album. Plus Jason Donovan and New Kids on the Block. I was eight, though… I don’t regret Bananarama’s Greatest Hits though!

Load has some ace songs on it – it’s different to previous albums but Bleeding Me, Unit it Sleeps, King Nothing and the Outlaw Torn are genuinely good songs. Reload has one or two moments but a lot of obvious filler.

Love Hate blackout in the red room is Quality so should be scrubbed from this listing.
    A genuine contender would be Warrant – Cherry Pie. Genuine bile…

The album I have is Wasted in America…a bit squiffy really.

Warrant are utter bilge…don’t have anything by them (although have probably drunkly danced like a tool to Cherry Pie in Eddie’s Nr 8 in Brum many a time).

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Started with ‘Axe Attack’ (a metal compilation album) and my last purchase was probably Black Sabbath 13 (via The Bangles, Simple Minds, Sex Pistols, Simon & Garfunkel, Pulp, The Beatles, Rondo Veneziano, Nigel Kennedy, Jamiroquai etc etc etc…. So a bit of a roundabout way of staying a

Good lord, I remember axe attack. I recall Paranoid and a Van Halen track, can’t remember anything else from it though.

MoreCashThanDash

Alanf – Blackout in the red room, the only gig I’ve ever walked out of, might have stuck it out but other than the music the date was going well…

Warrant – nearly saw them support Dave Lee Roth on his “Little ain’t enough” tour, but someone had injured themselves and they were replaced by Jagged Edge, who were fantastic!

eeee, when I were a lad….

metalheart
    Free Member

BFITH, I’ll take it off yer hands.

I’ve sat hovering over buy on Amazon for that.

I used to have it but passed it on (sold it ages ago more like).

Iirc there are actually 2 ace tracks: the other being NYC. Man I loved that one too.

Mind you I did watch a YouTube video and though, hmm, dodgy geezers!

I have a couple of Iron & Wine (and Bright Eyes?) CDs that I’ve never even taken out the wrapping… I’ll nominate them… Oh the 2nd (last?) Bon Iver album. And some Springsteen thing the issued from the late 70’s that never hit the spot.

Maybe we should start a swap shop….

MrsToast
    Free Member

Load has some ace songs on it – it’s different to previous albums but Bleeding Me, Unit it Sleeps, King Nothing and the Outlaw Torn are genuinely good songs. Reload has one or two moments but a lot of obvious filler.

Yeah, it’s funny because both of them have songs I really like (especially some years after the fact). If they’d called themselves something different, I think I would have been a bit more charitable towards them, but they don’t feel like Metallica albums.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Albums you own but wished you didn't…’ is closed to new replies.