Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 27.5 Forks on 26 Frame
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Thinking of upgrading forks onmy Cotic Rocket 26 from 150mm revs to 160mm Lyrics.
    If I try to future proof a little by going 27.5 will this lower the bb even more than just with the extra fork length?

Daffy

You’re Axle to Crown height is going to increase by at least 40mm, possibly upto 70mm) as the Lyricks, for a similar travel, have a longer A2C. Moving to a 650b will add around 20mm A2C on it’s own. You’re likely to raise your BB height by 20-30mm.

flyingmonkeycorps

Surely if you go longer and 27.7 you’ll be raising the BB and slackening the head angle?

I run 160mm forks on my 26″ Rocket and they’re fine; I reckon the extra height from the 27.5 forks won’t make too much difference over that.

**edit** also, what he said.

core

Longer forks will raise your bottom bracket.

poah
    Free Member

no issues with mine

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve got some brand new Lyrik R 26 forks you can have for £250 posted.

See classifieds if interested.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Whats the offset on the new lyriks?

PJM1974
    Free Member

As others have pointed out, fitting longer forks will lift your bottom bracket. I don’t know how feasible it is to fit an offset bushing to compensate, but even then you may end up with a taller BB than you started out with.

andybrad

i run 27.5 forks on my 26″ bike.

works fine.

poah
    Free Member

makes very little difference

roverpig

When I looked (Pikes rather than Lyriks though) going from 26 to 27.5 only changed A-C by 10mm i.e A-C on a 140mm 27.5 Pike was the same as on a 150mm 26″ fork.

skybluestu
    Free Member

I meant raise!! 🙂
    Thanks for the responses so far.

skybluestu
    Free Member

@chilled76, we have pm’d re your forks already. I was after mission control damper unfortunately.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘27.5 Forks on 26 Frame’ is closed to new replies.