Home Forums Bike Forum 2015 giant defy advanced, anyone got one?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2015 giant defy advanced, anyone got one?
  • lee170
    Free Member

Thinking of building a cheaper mtb and then upgrading my current road bike to the new defy advanced 1 or 2,
    They look the dogs, can’t see any in depth reviews for them yet,
    So who’s got one and are they any good?
    I have a 2011 defy 5 so going from alu to full carbon is gonna feel amazing!!
    Would like an owners review of the bike, would I be better getting a spesh or Scott,dale etc

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I’m waiting on delivery of the Advanced Pro 0, due in 1st June. I can’t wait! I’ll let you know my impressions soon after it arrives.

iainc

I have an older defy composite and it has been superb. The wheels were a bit fragile and 1 replaced them with ksyrium’s after a year or so. Mine has an ultegra groupset which is very smooth, although I have 2015 105 on my CDF which is better than the 6700 series Ultegra IMO. Make sure you get the sizing right and its a very comfy and quick ride.

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve got a Defy Advanced 2 and it’s great! I’ve just come from a GT GTR which is more of a racing shape and I wanted something a little more upright and comfortable.

The carbon and/or seat post does a good job of dampening vibration and protecting my poop-chute and the 11 speed 105 gears seem a step above the 10 speed 105 that I fitted to my old frame.

Its comfortable, feels fast and it might be the placebo effect but I’m already faster on my local routes and I enjoy being on it.

I’ve got poor flexibility and at 6ft with a 32″ inside leg the M/L was the one for me.

mduncombe
    Free Member

I have just switched from an old Alu defy 4 (2011/2012 maybe) to the advanced pro 1. I cant really compare to many other road bikes though but its safe to say I am very happy :-)

The advanced pro feels alive in comparison, push the pedals and wants to leap forward, its particularly noticeable on climbs. It also nice to have discs, just feels right compared to my old Defy callipers. Its a looker as well, love it.

DaveRambo

I’m looking for a new roadbike and was looking at the Advanced Pro 0 yesterday.

Found several decent reviews of the Advanced Pro range – all good and I’m tempted to pull the trigger and order one.

My other considerations are a Cannondale Synapse (seem to be sold out of a few sizes) and a Canyon ULTIMATE CF SLX 8.0 DI2 (usual canyon delivery issues putting me off)

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I had a nightmare tracking down a Pro 0 in medium, but got there in the end. Plenty of websites look like they’ve got them, but in reality they don’t. I was also told I’d have to wait for the 2016 release, but there was no confirmation of spec or pricing. I got lucky in the end and mine should get to the dealer at the start of June.

eshershore
    Free Member

here’s my 2015 Advanced Pro 1

chakaping

I have a 2014 Advanced, which I grabbed in the sales as I’m not too fussed about discs.

One thing I learned, which is equally applicable to the new model (same geo), is that I need the stem pretty low in order to get the handling and weight distribution so it feels right at speed.

Basically it felt a bit lazy and unwilling to carve corners before I lowered it.

This might be obvious but it seemed to have more of an effect than on previous bikes so I thought I’d mention it.

Anyway, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the frame.

ScotlandTheScared

I have a defy advanced 1 and I think its great. Its sooo much comfier than my ancient OCR that I have before. And its way more sprightly. I have it set up quite upright at the moment, but may start removing spacers from the front end. Its a comfy, light and quite manouverable bike. The only think I might change eventually are the wheels, which I suspect are a little heavy. I like having the discs too. Overall, I thought the advanced 1 was a good price, looks great and rides great. I’m well happy with it.

Mintman
    Free Member

Here’s my Advanced 2:

[/url]20150520_165411_Richtone(HDR)[/img]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2015 giant defy advanced, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.