• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m pleased for Papé that he’s recovered enough after being in violent pain for this game. I just kinda hope it doesn’t turn into a humiliation.

Stoner
    Free Member

Savea is 6’4 and 17.5 stone

He’s same height and heavier than me!

Blimey. Was just saying to Stoner Jr that that’s what strength from a smaller player can do. Oops
    Just like biggsy last night for Worcester

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Those New Zealand wings are nearly as good as Tommy Bowe aren’t they? Awesome stuff from them.

Kryton57

You do have to have well quiffed hair to be an AB wing though.

cudubh

Amazing skills from the ABs. The intensity is something else. Not just big hits but the whole package. I noticed McCaw had a dig with his elbow on the side of one the French player’s heads as he was turning away. I am sure other teams do exactly the same but no need when you are better than the rest.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Should be a red for Picamole.

And once again, McCaw gets away with it….

letmetalktomark

Not a punch just a fist in the face 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Mcaw milked that.

letmetalktomark

Even when NZL cock it up its still brilliant 8)

tallie
    Free Member

Mcaw milked that.

Agreed. The ABs and their Captain are the best in the world at most areas of play including “ref management” or cheating as it used to be known…

Naive play from Picamole but I’m not sure how we’ve gone from 15 a side fist fights to a yellow card for a little bit of niggle…

Lifer
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis
    Mcaw milked that.

Well he is a cheat:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZB9TuTJ9UY[/video]

I wish Pulp Sport was still around 😥

alpin
    Free Member

Bonne nuit

tallie
    Free Member

dleJon – Member
    How much of a dick do you have to be to go to Wales to watch NZ v Georgia and think that singing Swing Low is the thing to do?

Is Fields of Athenry more acceptable?

Lifer
    Free Member

Now the scrums work better, can they start putting the ball in straight please?

ourmaninthenorth

Absolute rout.

SA are in for a tough one in the semis. Ireland did well to swerve this one – oof.

NZCol

Bloody hell we are going well tonight.
    EDIT:Got to say this is what this team is capable
    Of. I’m pissed, this is farkin awesome

legend
    Free Member

Jeebus 😯

ourmaninthenorth

Forward pass!!

(Or is that more “ref management”?)

pedlad

Wow. Carter just masterful.

Speed of rucking is just amazing. French defense just all over the place.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Forward pass!!

And Carter “managed” taking the kick quickly.

They play brilliant rugby, and also cheat better than everyone else. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I think they take turns to score. I was convinced aus would win this but now I’m very much doubting my initial thoughts. The ABs have found their stride.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just walked past a bar in Paris and saw the score. Now back in hotel to watch the end of a masterclass.

Copybook turnover there from the French break..French commentary is funny!

And another!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Amazing performance. Simply stunning

Lifer
    Free Member

AB coaching staff look a bit bored.

ourmaninthenorth

Disappointed though I am at Wales losing today, I can’t help but think a semi final drubbing has been avoided.

(Cheating aside) it’s extraordinary stuff in open play. Not sure I can see even the Aussies living with this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure I can see even the Aussies living with this.

Australia have looked the best team all tournament so far, even against good opposition. Bar one or two passages, France have been piss poor.

I feel sorry for Italy. Opening game of the 2016 Six Nations is France v Italy. Bear with a sore head…….

BruceWee

I don’t think you can tell much about NZ from this game. It’s kind of like assessing England’s future by watching the Uruguay game.

First 20 minutes they were forcing the ABs into mistakes. Mistakes that other teams would have punished them for.

dragon
    Free Member

Oh dear it’s a cricket score, hope no French player has the papers ordered for the morning.

Richie McCaw is the biggest cheat out there its,amazing what the refs show him to get away with at times.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

50 points not far off! Just amazing.

scotroutes

A record quarter final points gap (until tomorrow?)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

NZ could have come on without McCaw and started with 14 men. They’d still have won it. Everyone was hoping for something like 2007 or the last RWC final with NZ rattled. But France have very little at the moment. Ireland showed that last Sunday. And thank jeezus they did – wouldn’t have fancied that display this evening.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also hearing that that’s the highest ever total conceded by France in a test match…wonder if that’s true.

IdleJon

tallie – Member
    dleJon – Member
    How much of a dick do you have to be to go to Wales to watch NZ v Georgia and think that singing Swing Low is the thing to do?
    Is Fields of Athenry more acceptable?

No. It’s a bit, what’s the word….boorish?

Maybe everone does it, though, and we just don’t recognise the Georgian/Tongan/Namibian/whatever droning excuse for a dirge. 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks like we’re in for a tough Semi…

IdleJon

A record quarter final points gap (until tomorrow?)

Does that show how poorly the groups were seeded? Again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, haven’t checked veracity of this, but from reading on Twitter, a lot of travel packages for Irish fans, tickets, accom and all the gubbins, only were available if tickets for both tonight’s and tomorrow’s games (ie both QFs that Ireland would have qualified for) were purchased. Hence the high number of Ireland fans in there this evening. Not condoning it – I tend to think “it’s not your game, sit back and enjoy it” but the singing only really started in the second half when 1, the match was lost and it was just an exhibition and 2, everybody’s probably got a bit hammered. 😀

IdleJon

In defence of Irish fans – at least they know more than two lines of their song. 😆

scotroutes

How else could they have been seeded?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    How else could they have been seeded?

Beat me too it Colin..

IdleJon

Not sure, but if teams are conceding 50+ points in the quarters then something’s not right imo.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.