• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • BruceWee

I think the only way to stop ridiculous stuff happening is to ban France.

bruk

Ok right results but not quite right on the how. Thought the Saffers would steamroller the Welsh but didn’t sound like it when I was catching snippets on the radio. I also thought the French might give the All Blacks a scare. Not a snowballs chance in hell. They were destroyed. What is Savea made out of?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ford and Gray are free to get their arses handed to them on a plate play tomorrow.

joelowden

I’m sure they’ll enjoy the experience of playing in the quarter finals 🙂

igm

Well I’m just hoping Scotland don’t look as bad as France did.

anagallis_arvensis

How else could they have been seeded?

The same way but do it much closer to the tournament

jambalaya
    Free Member

A degree of common sense has prevailed with Gray and Ford being available today.

Stunning day of rugby yesterday. Wales kept it close and will be dissapointed to lose to a rehearsed move like that. At least Wales got out of the group and got to play one more match. RSA will have to be a lot better next week, too many missed kicks too.

Oh dear France, you have to be very good to beat NZ and you can’t make stupid decisions and leave your side down to 14 men even if it was a very tame yellow. French lineout was as poor as against Ireland, puts you under pressure, a penalty in your own half becomes an advantage to NZ, they scored a try off one to help open up the game. ,NZ are the kings of demolishing teams once they get ahead and are released of any pressure, they showed it again today in bucket fulls

The only likely upset now is Argentina and I very much hope we don’t see that. Another day of RWC rugby beckons 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Top 14 shouldering blame for France’s poor performances through this morning’s hangover. Couldn’t see that coming could we?

DanW
    Free Member

I realise I am way behind the news on this…. But I’ve only just realised Lydiate had a plate put in for his fractured eye socket after the Fiji game 😯 mental

scotroutes

But wouldn’t there then be a problem for fans getting tickets for the right matches, booking transport/accommodation etc?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Madigan’s quiff is injured!!

duckman

It would,not to mention allocation of stadium etc. Mind you,transport has seemed have been a bit of a pain.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm…we’re in trouble here. 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbh, can only admire Argentina’s work so far. They’ve been very good.

mikey3
    Free Member

Looks like we’re seeing what a few years in the incredibly tough rugby championship can do for a team,that win in south Africa seems to have pushed the pumas confidence up a level.

mefty
    Free Member

But wouldn’t there then be a problem for fans getting tickets for the right matches, booking transport/accommodation etc?

Other sports manage, the soccer world cup participants are only known a few months before the finals.

toys19
    Free Member

Come on green machine! Can we get this back?

scotroutes

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/how-wales-end-up-same-9887142

At the end of the day, 8 of the top 9 currently ranked teams made it to the last 8. I’m not sure how much difference it would have made if the seeding had been delayed. A France/New Zealand QF could still have been on the cards.

toys19
    Free Member

Umm the rankings have changed during the RWC so surely they should reflect the last 8?

scotroutes

OK – At the end of the day, 8 of the top 9 10 ranked teams as of 31st August made it to the last 8. I’m not sure how much difference it would have made if the seeding had been delayed. A France/New Zealand QF could still have been on the cards. 😆

DanW
    Free Member

Great game and far from over!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But for that first crazy ten minutes, Ireland have done more. Except score two tries and two penalties with the “more” they’ve had obviously. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Lets hope so DD.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back in it! Much better.

theotherjonv

Fabulous try! All SH semis. Time for the NH to have a big rethink.

(Go on Scotland, prove me wrong)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland let them back in – only themselves to blame.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah bollocks – fair play to Argentina, came back into it and fully deserve this.

Looks like we missed our injuries more than we convinced ourselves we would. Bloody Argentinians. 😡 🙂

Drac

Should have asked for help.

Stoner
    Free Member

One thing Argentine (and UK) supporters have managed to do over the years is not politicise the game with snide shit stirring about 82. But you stay classy, Drac.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Look on the bright side – Ireland have equalled their best ever RWC performance, again.

😐

theotherjonv

Very poor Drac.

mikey3
    Free Member

Ah so that’s what that pic means,should mods be allowed to be that moronic?

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s all down to Scotland now 😯

Don’t agree the Northern Hemisphere rugby needs a rethink, Wales came close even though riven with injury. Ireland haven’t maybe got the strength in depth they thought they had. Argentina played the best I have ever seen them

england are a shambles behind the scenes but have plenty of able players.

France are in a real mess. Not sure what they can do to fix it.

Bit misjudged Drac

peteimpreza

Great game well played Argentina.

Did I just watch the Pumas try , and mostly succeed, to play rugby like the All Blacks ?

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d say so, Pete. Brilliant rucking and top running.

DanW
    Free Member

Ireland lacked intensity at the start and chasing the game against a team with a lot of tries in them would always be tough. A lot of people seem surprised by Argentina but they’ve been playing cracking rugby for a while now. That said, Argentina looked like cracking at one point so fair play to them for finishing off the game in the manner they did by the end. Some of the handling from the forwards was exceptional. You can see the Championship all over the way they play

Drac

Jeez tough crowd.

I’ll remove it if it causes offence.

igm

So now the NH is relying on us Scots to preserve our joint honour.

Oh dear.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m no offendotron, but I’ve always thought the way arg supporters have kept decency to be one of the highlights of the rise of the Pumas. Seems a shame not to respect that

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Don’t agree the Northern Hemisphere rugby needs a rethink, Wales came close even though riven with injury. Ireland haven’t maybe got the strength in depth they thought they had. Argentina played the best I have ever seen them

Maybe you didn’t see Argentina beating the Boks in SA? Wales came close and were incredibly brave but SA are still a very limited team and came bottom of the RC.

It was depressing to see the NH’s standard bearers get outplayed from 1 to 15. Did they not think it neccessary to defend the outside channels? I don’t think the missing big names would’ve changed the result. Argentina played with a level of ambition Ireland could never match.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.