• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t think you can get chips in the West car park, maybe sweet potato briquettes or somesuch 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fizzy wine – how common 😉

A nice Pulingy-Montrachet with the salmon, some claret or even TEA with the beef and melton mowbries and a quick nip of port with the cheese. What a wonderful way to start the afternoon

(a dream of course, as never has a CP ticket or the required R Rover!)

Back in the 80s we did have a work “tent” in the CP serving bacon rolls and beer. Avoided the lengthy hospitality (and clichéd coronation chicken) and was very popular.

mefty
    Free Member

A lot of the West car park tickets go to sponsors now, we used a get one because a friend’s father played for England but, for other car parks they are not that difficult to get, a friend gets one just by applying. The scarce resource is someone who is willing not to drink or to give up his Sunday morning to pick up his car.

dragon
    Free Member

applauding the ref for giving your side a decision is equally distasteful.

Can’t see the big deal myself, this is pro sport, the amateur era ended 20 years ago.

DanW
    Free Member

Can’t see the big deal myself, this is pro sport, the amateur era ended 20 years ago.

Manly congratulations like a solid pat on the back or firm handshake are of course ok 😉 Whoever it was in the English pack squeaking like a two year old with every scrum penalty needs the pen reversed + 10 meters… could have been a decent reception on the refs mic picking up the incoming Brown I suppose as it wasn’t a noise I’d expect from a forward 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Easy rule change. Any player congratulating team mates for winning a penalty shall result in an immediate scrum with the congratulating player exchanging positions with the player congratulated. Put in to the non-congratulating side.

Brilliant!

duckman

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Easy rule change. Any player congratulating team mates for winning a penalty shall result in an immediate scrum with the congratulating player exchanging positions with the player congratulated. Put in to the non-congratulating side.

Brilliant!

Posted 50 minutes ago #Report-Post

It falls down in that glory hunting back rowers would be fighting to congratulate the 10 after a penalty for even something like a dropped scrum. May as well cut out the middle Man “Today at 10 for Exeter,Thomas Waldrom.”

igm

Actually thinking about it, if far enough ahead I could see the entire front row sprinting after Brown to congratulate him after the pack won a penalty. 8)

EDIT: “sprinting”-ish

grahamt1980

Manly congratulations like a solid pat on the back or firm handshake are of course ok Whoever it was in the English pack squeaking like a two year old with every scrum penalty needs the pen reversed + 10 meters… could have been a decent reception on the refs mic picking up the incoming Brown I suppose as it wasn’t a noise I’d expect from a forward

Just made me laugh a lot.
    Chapeau sir

wrecker
    Free Member

Hopefully he’ll be cited and receive a lengthy ban. I don’t care whether he’s innocent or not – I just don’t like him.

this’ll upset you then 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/england-s-mike-brown-will-not-be-cited-for-conor-murray-incident-1.2554366

Great stuff. Hope he has a great game against wales.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is the correct answer.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Great stuff. Hope he has a great game against Wales.

Sam Warburton is looking forward to the game too. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IMO, he [Brown] was lucky to have escaped yellow during the game but there wasn’t enough there for a citing.

(As for the Irish Independent article, it’s just one article by someone who’s pretty sore about it. Despite it suiting the agendas of some posters, please don’t attribute a similar opinion to a whole nation of supporters. Plenty I’ve spoken to are as “un-disappointed” with that result as they could be – given that losing has to incur at least some disappointment. I think everybody in Ireland was also a bit riled about the General Election held there a few days previous anyway…you think the election here was a bit bitter? 😆 )

wrecker
    Free Member

Sam Warburton is looking forward to the game too.

Somehow I doubt Mr Brown is concerned.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Somehow I doubt Mr Brown is concerned.

Like he (and his three mates) wasn’t bothered before? 😆 I love the image when he realised he’d bitten off more than he could chew, but I’m sure you’ll say that he wasn’t crapping his pants. #HardAsPutty

wrecker
    Free Member

Like he (and his three mates) wasn’t bothered before?

Well they weren’t, quite clearly, as Mike was being Mike and not giving an inch, so yes it is exactly like that.

but I’m sure you’ll say that he was crapping his pants.

Nobody was crapping their pants, certainly not Mike. I have no idea what you were watching.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What about his parents?

[Good points DD – interesting how little coverage and analysis the result had over here. Fascinating stuff not least for “big” political parties everywhere]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[Belongs on another thread thm, but you have to bear in mind that the STV PR system allows the electorate to give the big boys a kicking when they feel like it and after the last decade or so, boy do they feel like it. 😀 ]

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Scrappy Doo

Mike Brown

dantsw13

DD – I think most of us on here a wise enough to distinguish between banter and hatred. I really enjoyed watching the game as the sole englishman in an American Irish bar. The atmosphere/craic was brilliant, and there was very little “one eyed” spectating. There were deep intakes of breath whenever Billy got on the ball, reminiscent of Lomu all those years ago – not that he’s in that class yet.

I do think its sad that England are getting a slagging after performing well above expectations this year so far. Scotland were favourites for the opening game.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah looks petrified doesn’t he? 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think most of us on here a wise enough to distinguish between banter and hatred

😀

Has someone photoshoped Tango Gav into that photo?

You would think that pros would be smart enough not to get involved too much, but was interesting to hear St Johnny admitting that he went looking for retribution and then Sir Clive noting that he had bollocked him for trying to get Betson!!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yeah looks petrified, doesn’t he?

I can’t find the image where his eyes are like saucers the moment just before letting go. But yeah, he backed off. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

But yeah, he backed off.

What? It dissolved, as all handbags in (high level) modern rugby do. Why on earth would he be worried? Warbs isn’t an aggressive/dirty or particularly scary player and the chances of it coming to blows are non-existent but never mind, you carry on trying to score cheap points based on something that didn’t happen.

duckman

wrecker – Member
    But yeah, he backed off.

but never mind, you carry on trying to score cheap points based on something that didn’t happen

While you enjoy some sort of moral high ground I presume? 🙄

wrecker
    Free Member

What do you want?

anagallis_arvensis

IMO, he [Brown] was lucky to have escaped yellow during the game but there wasn’t enough there for a citing.

I agree and if Care hadnt got a yellow I reckon Brown would have done. Not red though imo.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21vYA0UJDes[/video]

Say what you like Wrecker but once Sam turned round to see who was tugging at his shirt Brown was back pedalling like crazy till his mates showed up! He then tried to start on Gethin which is even funnier! Wonder what Gethin said to him!
    Still it all worked out nice in the end when Brown lost the game for his team!

anagallis_arvensis

Should have been a scrum to wales too as Wood knocked on!

wrecker
    Free Member

Brown was back pedalling like crazy till his mates showed up!

3 vs 1 in a pushing contest and he still wasn’t backing down. Bloody dreadful tackle too.

anagallis_arvensis

Ref seemed to think it was fine. Still Lydiate was kicking people in the head so he obviously wont get your approval he should clearly not take a step back like Brown!

anagallis_arvensis

Tough day
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fuSQEsVgnWE[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

And next week we have the rematch! Excited?

mefty
    Free Member

You don’t get vacuous pantomime banter like this in the West car park.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member
    wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah, someone finally got what they wanted. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I reckon wales by 7 but happy to have the traditional £10 charity bet if you’re on?

DanW
    Free Member

I just hope there are no more dreadful press conferences from either side that come back to bite the team in the arse…

[insert Burgess dumbarsery here]

jambalaya
    Free Member

People here seem to need a distraction from the reality that a so-so England where far too good for Ireland

On a much more serius note here is a piece from a team mate of Lomu’s regarding supplements they where given. Perhaps most telling is a denial from the team doctor.

Telegrapgh Story

igm

As a neutral brown -v- warburton was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in ages.

Warbs isn’t an aggressive/dirty… player

Agreed and while my suspicion is that brown is warburton appeared to be chuckling too most of the way through that. Meanwhile the England forwards collectively saw who it was and half heartedly stood around – I wonder how many of them were secretly thinking “now Mike’s going to get what he deserves. Please”.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

People here seem to need a distraction from the reality that a so-so England where far too good for Ireland

If only you could stick to posting bollocks on politics threads, but no, you just can’t help yourself. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.