Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • jamesoz

Do people put their weight in their kit on? My zwift weight reflects that from my smart(ish) scales but that is me weighing in my pants on a Saturday morning. And I don’t update hardly ever so it would prob fluctuate +/-2kg over the year

I weigh myself in shorts and t-shirt. My weight fluctuates almost as much as that in a day!
    Just checked, 95.3kg.

robbo1234biking

Oh yeh – never weigh in the evening! What I meant is that during lockdown my weight has stayed pretty stable within about a +/-2kg region. Quite lucky really – without zwift I would be back up to last summers weight! Still need to lose more but this year with everything going on maintaining weight is a win in my opinion! Lucky I haven’t had anything that has kept me of the bike this year.

drew

Just reflecting over yesterday evening’s ttt and I think we rode it pretty well considering we were down to four riders and were a team of relative ttt novices + yanboss. Shame we lost Mr Hoppy but kept pretty well together after that so excellent pacing from those at the front. The sequence of events during the race is a bit of a haze but comparing more stw to stw we were down by 37 secs at split 1 having slowed for a period while we worked out was happening with MrHoppy then lost a further 25 seconds by split 2 but only a further 11 secs by split 3 so must have kept the pace up well.

Our average speed was 1.22 km slower than stw and we finished just over 1 minute 27 seconds down on their time. Not a bad effort at all. ( no responsibility accepted for the accuracy of these figures and I could be completely wrong as it seems too close ).

jamesoz

must have kept the pace up well.

Our average speed was 1.22 km slower than stw and we finished just over 1 minute 27 seconds down on their time. Not a bad effort at all. ( no responsibility accepted for the accuracy of these figures and I could be completely wrong as it seems too close

That’s not bad all things considered. T.Rollo had quite a pace, we did get split at one point during an overtake.
    I think the other team gassed it as myself and T.Rollo passed (a screen message said as much), so we dropped back to regroup.

I think Ive worked out my breathing issues. Had the fan flat out for the 15 mins before the start, whilst sat on the bike back pedalling, my core got cold and that was that.
    Was still good though.

Sweating on my phone made discord unusable.

robbo1234biking

Would anyone like to do a recce ride on Monday? Haven’t ridden this course for a long time.

I can do 6.45am, midday or after 4.30. Not too many work meetings on Monday so can be pretty flexible.

robbo1234biking

https://zwiftinsider.com/wtrl-ttt-84/

No-one up for tomoz? If not I’ll prob do it early on.

savoyad

Team entries are in. 2 for now. I’ll happily put in a 3rd team if there is a lot of interest by Wednesday evening.

Riders, enter category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1263288

Once round The Magnificent 8. So 28km in total, over the reverse (i.e. not that hilly) KOM in the first third of the race, then flat flat flat. It suits us: that hill at that point is a good TTT test and we have a history of doing well on it (we’ve been top 30 on this course and it featured the week we qualified for the PL). We rode 44:13 as a latte team of 5 last time out and zwiftinsider is projecting 43:20 for the top 10 this week.

The format, time, rules etc are all the same as a normal week. It’s just designated the world champs this week.

To do well, especially with more than one team, the bottom line is that we need extra C’s to ride this week if possible. 5 per team ideally. So everyone sign up, but especially C’s. Those C’s who used to ride but haven’t for a while, it would be great to have you back (if you are reading…if you aren’t I will find you!) and @robbo1234biking maybe stalk some C’s from the race thread? Let’s see how it goes to start with.

Anyway get signed up.

robbo1234biking

Just watched the replay from savoyad of last weeks TTT (quite entertaining whilst doing some mundane work tasks). I couldn’t hear anything after the first hill (apart from Adam which makes no sense). Couldn’t hear Phil at all. The visual drop outs are pretty clear as well. To say all that was going on we actually rode together as a team very well! I didn’t miss too much luckily!

For Thursday other than the one hill (which is very short as it rises, plateaus and then rises again so the efforts are less than 1 minute) the course will suit the heavier higher power riders!

Signed up and ready to go for Thursday (once Tuesday is out the way!).

savoyad

We’re ticking over nicely at 11 riders so far.
    Still plenty more space, sign up to category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1263288

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

After the weeks eat:drink:exercise ratio I might manage to fill one of those C spots for you this week

savoyad

We’re on 12 entries. Anyone else thinking about it?

Can I tempt you into riding the world champs? I think we need some or all of @weeksy (just this once?), @ivandobski, @ljarch, @zilog6128, @mbs, @mrhoppy, @retrorick, @oopnorth to sign up and it would be a good week for @peesbee, @slowpuncheur, @andeh or @v7fmp to join us.

I’m probably missing some other possibilities. I’ll remember who in tonight’s race probably. @tomlevell I assume you are riding elsewhere?

I am aiming for 3x latte teams this week. We’ll definitely have 2 teams. But we’re a bit short of the riders needed for 3 (for now…?)

mrhoppy

Cheers @savoyad but I’m back off the mental work thing and 6:15 generally works better so I’m back with BRT now. Mrs is racing at 7:40 anyway.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m almost certainly a no for the next 3 weeks, best to assume I’m out unfortunately.

zilog6128

sorry, thought I’d signed up already! just done it now!!

robbo1234biking

@zilog6128 hope your network cable connections are good and you don’t get any dropouts!

zilog6128

😬 no cables… because I have neither wifi nor wired internet where I Zwift I’ve always used mobile hotspot from my iPhone! That said, it’s normally excellent and any kind of dropout is very very rare. Although it sounds like all bets are off at the moment due to how busy it is (not actually Zwifted for a couple of weeks now!)

robbo1234biking

Ah I assumed with all the network cabling questions there was some sort of pain cave going up in the garden!

zilog6128

Aaaaah yes lol that is all in the works, won’t be finished this week though!! Better not get any bloody dropouts, the amount of thought I’ve put into it 🤣

oopnorth
    Free Member

@savoyad Sorry but I can’t make it due to family commitments and late working. I only manage one Zwift night and I’m concentrating on the Race series currently.

Robbo has been trying to persuade me out of retirement so he is doing his duty 🙂 But unfortunately I can’t commit at this point.

retrorick

I’m in work till 8pm on Thursday. Unlikely I’ll get out early enough to get home on time but if I do I’ll try and enter on Thursday late afternoon. 👍

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@savoyad I am flattered – and sorely tempted but I go running with a few mates on Thursdays. At the minute, it’s our only chance for a catch-up each week. If u get desperate, I could make both work but would be bit heavy legged for the TT.

welshfarmer

Just renewed my subscription after a 2 year break! TT was something I used to be OK at on Zwift back then but never tried a TTT. No idea of procedure/etiquette or how to go about joining in the fun? I used to rank well in Cat C stuff until I got bumped into Cat B and then languished at the back. After my hiatur I guess I am well back in the CAT C groupings again. I guess I will do a couple more weeks of condition training and see how it goes, but would welcome the chance to join a TTT one day if I can work out what is involved. I will keep an eye on this thread from now on.

robbo1234biking

zwiftinsider is projecting 43:20 for the top 10 this week.

@savoyad
    – I think Zwiftinsider might be a bit out here. The course record in Latte is 41:19 on the 25th June. I think this will be pretty fast! I think he is basing this on the 25th June race on this course but I think the competition will be stronger tomorrow.

To get the best out of it I think we would need to be a bit more ruthless with the team 🙂

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Have recently joined the Tuesday night races which I’m enjoying. Keen to give these a try. Is discord required or is it possible to ride without? I use Apple TV and companion app. Not sure how easy to get discord although not tried. I’m a B on zwift power, although been classified as A on Robbos tue night races.

zilog6128

Using the companion app on your phone? Really easy to get set up with Discord as well. You’ll probably want some kind of headphones with a built-in mic too. It’s not essential but I’d really recommend it – the key to the TTT is co-operation, it’s just not really possible without voice Comms.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Thanks zilog. I will have a play tonight and join TT if I get it working.

zilog6128

You’ll need this link to join the STW Discord (only valid for 24hrs)
    https://discord.gg/2PcYFy9c

jamesoz

Ive been struggling on my last couple of outings on Zwift due to a breathing issue. Plenty left in the legs but lungs say no, so if there’s a shortage of space, happy to bow out.

No idea how much planning goes into the teams but I’d go off my most recent performance on Tuesday rather than my FTP.

mbs
    Free Member

I’ve signed up for the race tonight. Let me know which team you want me to be in.

drew

I’m signed up for this evening. I’m probably the weakest C taking part and have had a demanding week so am happy to be substituted in favour of a stronger C if needed. I might well struggle in a smaller 3rd team as opposed to a larger 2nd if that makes sense.

savoyad

Morning all. It’s TTT World Championships day. So that’ll be the 2nd coolest neon start banner I’ve ridden under this week. And ever. We’ll go with…

Team STW
    Start delay 1 minute makes 19:41, Discord voice TTT (STW)

@phil56

@dangeourbrain

@paino

@robbo1234biking

@zilog6128
    – sort your tag!

@haloric
    – change your tag!

@mbs
    – change your tag!

@drew
    = change your tag!

Team MoreSTW
    Start delay 1.5 minutes makes 19:41:30, discord voice TTT (MoreSTW)

@savoyad
    – change your tag!

@w00dster
    – change your tag!

@munkeymadness
    – append the tag “(MoreSTW)” to your zwiftpower Rider Name.

@scaredypants

@yanboss
    – change your tag!

@trolo1234

@jamesoz

There is room for one more rider to join MoreSTW. Enter Category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1263288

– STW are riding in latte. MoreSTW in frappe. If anyone in STW can’t make it, let me know. I’ll move a rider across if I know in time.

– in the pen by 19:40 then we have very short start delays. Short is good news. The separation between us is not ideal – I doubt we’ll catch you, but 30 seconds is not a great gap. We’ll just have to deal with it. STW you are off first and it’s a one lap affair, so you have a clean road ahead of you (and assuming you stay away, so do we!).

– the usual otherwise: dress up as bumblebees, ride a road bike (@dangeourbrain if you are still on the MTB you were flaunting off the front for the first 5km on Tuesday, put it back in the garage!)

– tactics: I think there is scope (as @robbo1234biking said yesterday) to be slightly more ruthless than usual here, and I think this week most of us will come to terms with being left behind if that happens. BUT don’t forget one reason we usually stay together is that a bigger group is faster, and staying tight is often the best policy. A long regrouping is not great, but managing the effort to stay tight at a tricky section has yielded great results for us in the past.

Today in particular, the fastest way up the reverse KOM itself is together, and the next 15km through the desert, the more the merrier. So my suggestion is that the first 2/3 we aim to stay tight but then anywhere from 22km onwards, for one week only, it’s OK to push on a bit and risk burning people out. The time is taken on the 4th rider. @phil56 will take charge of this (and he’s under no obligation to follow my suggestion!) for STW. I’ll try to make the decisions in MoreSTW.

That’s all. See you in the pen!

drew

I’ll change my tag. STW team don’t feel any obligation to slow down for me. I’ll try to keep up as long as I can but if/when I drop off the back just let me go!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t think I was on a mtb, it just felt like I was!

robbo1234biking

Looks good – cheers Adam.

The only place I was thinking that we should drop anyone if towards the end of the dessert when there is the small uphill. We want to take at least 5 to the line in case of any dropouts in the final 5 but happy to do whatever think is best.

I like the nice short start delays – how did you swing those?

Also on the WTRL Facebook page people put up there team selections on fancy posters! Time to enlist binners perhaps to produce a STW TTT poster?

paino

Cheers Adam! Magnificent 8 has the ‘only’ climb at about 7-8km in-the one where Nixie & Phil sportingly destroyed everyone else on Tuesday? I guess we stay together up there and give it full chat in the last 10k!
    I assume as MoreSTW are frappe, on paper they are the stronger team?? Going to be good motivation for you guys having us 30s up the road!

savoyad

@paino

I assume as MoreSTW are frappe, on paper they are the stronger team??

Despite the coffee-categorisation it’s not clear to me that MoreSTW are stronger. I rather think STW will be. Admittedly I’d prefer a bigger start gap between us so I didn’t have to think about it. But it is clear that STW are a stronger latte than MoreSTW are a frappe.

@robbo1234biking

The only place I was thinking that we should drop anyone if towards the end of the dessert when there is the small uphill

I should have said, that is the feature which I had in mind when I mentioned 22km.

@dangeourbrain

I don’t think I was on a mtb

Exhibit A:

savoyad

I like the nice short start delays – how did you swing those?

Obviously, there’s a weird story. There was some issue with the entry system (see the new popup here https://www.wtrl.racing/ttt/TTT-Event.php) which meant we ended up down in the organisers’ system as riding late tonight (the 12:35am zone). The fix was a manual change to our start delays squeezing us in at the start.

zilog6128

@savoyad tag updated! (I only removed it as I was spectating last week and didn’t want to balls anything up 😃)

Happy to be dropped near the end if necessary for a quick time!! Think it makes sense for the fastest to push on regardless if others are flagging near the finish (I will try my best to hang on obviously!)

towards the end of the dessert

there’s cake?! 🍰

robbo1234biking

Cake isn’t dessert! Its an afternoon spirit lifter!

if there is cake in the little town at the end of the desert I don’t think any of us will make it to the end lol

savoyad

Let’s not get carried away with the dropping people thing. Tolerate it, not aim for it! @phil56 knows how to keep you attached.

Most importantly: STW must get a C over the line. So “I’m a C, you guys push on” is not a safe strategy…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.